1,165 results
All reviewsthe kitchenfree shuttleval d'europedisneyland pariscoffee makerper dayhalf an hoursave moneydouble bedapartment hotelnear disneylandprevious reviewsvisit disneyliving areacroissantsdishwasherkitchenette
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

We arrived as a family of four at around 22:00hrs during September 2017. I had booked two twin rooms for a two night stay. I felt the staff were surly, at best. It would have been far nicer to have been greeted by a smiling reception who could have engaged a little. It took a lifetime to book in and reception asked for my debit card on four separate occasions. I had to complete a detailed sheet of information including when I arrived in France, when I was leaving and what profession I worked in. We were not told where our rooms were or where we could eat. The restaurant was deserted of staff and was in darkness. The corridor floors were filthy, as were the walls. My room smelt of food and was grubby. It had a kitchenette with insufficient cutlery or cups for two people. Despite having a coffee machine and kettle, there were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room or reception. The cutlery and crockery they did provide was dirty. Both rooms were double, not twin, with one duvet. My room had doors onto a balcony. The view and access was hindered by a plastic shutter that was stuck. It was a a shame the shutter was not stuck completely closed as the balcony was also filthy and had a pile of cigarette ends in the corner. Upon reading the information we found the restaurant was supposed to be open. We eventually found the staff and ordered four soft drinks and two large pizzas. This cost over fifty nine euros and is delivered via a takeaway service from outside the hotel. We eat this in our room perched on the edge of the bed. (it's cheaper to eat pizza in a beautiful restaurant outside the coliseum in Italy than it is in Appart'City Confort Marne la Vallee!). I could continue to Moan about other inconsequential issues that made our stay less pleasant but I am sure you get the picture. I have stayed in many hotels and have never left a bad review. However, I would certainly never stay at this hotel again and would highly recommend a bit of training for the staff who clearly feel a smile is far to much to offer.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank Malcolm N
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a long weekend to Paris and a Disneyland visit.
Upon arriving at this hotel I was served by a member of staff , I didn't get his name as he didn't have a name badge.
He seemed quite rushed as he was trying to check me and my family in as well as answering the phone and directing other members of staff.
Even though the check in time was 3pm we arrived at the hotel at 4.15 pm it took him 20mins to check us in! Not even offering to let us sit down while he sorted out are booking, just left me standing their while he faffed about. Upon arriving at the room their was a cleaning member of staff still cleaning the apartment from the previous occupants , this was at 4.30pm . The checking time is 3pm!
The cleaner asked us to wait in the hallway for 10mins whilst he cleaned . Not even apologising for the delay. He also left a big pile of dust just outside the door!
When we finally got in the room it looked plesent with a red and cream decor.
However their were quite a lot of scuff marks and ripped wall paper alongside the walls and the laminate floor looked quite worn out.
The kitchen had a strange smell and the utensils seemed few and far between, a worn out frying pan which had burnt on food , no sharp knives and a soup ladel? With 1 bowl between 3 people!
The toilet was also separate from the bathroom and had a urine smell to it.
The bath had no plug rendering it useless but their was also a shower which worked fine.
The location of the hotel was a pain as its not near the number 42 bus or Val d' Europe shopping area, so we had to rely on taxis as their is nothing near the hotel in term if restaurants and shops, transportation.
The hotel did have a shuttle bus which ran up to 5 times a day but you had to pay 2.50 euros each for this and then it was never enough seats only holding about 20 people a time.
If visiting Paris again or Disneyland. I will definitely not be choosing to go back to this hotel. This is due to the inconvenient location and the inefficiency of how the hotel is run.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Micks27
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Room-
Basic. Damp. Air con barely working. Little things like only one knob on the cooker which you have to pull off to use the other gases etc. Cleaner came once in the week. Make your own beds (which we do anyway). Needs freshening up. Very small for a family of four, however it served its purpose for the week whilst at Disney we tried not to dwell on it.

Staff-
Not particularly friendly or unfriendly. The breakfast staff were nice but looked stressed.

Breakfast-
early until 10:30. We went around 9. I personally enjoyed the breakfast. Funnily enough I loved their muesli! My family didn't rate the cooked breakfast but they still ate it everyday! They have warm fresh bread, pastries, hams, cereals, sausage, eggs.

Amenities-

Disney 10 mins ride away.
This hotel is approx 50 minute walk (I wouldn't recommend) from val d'Europe shopping complex or 20€ taxi fare. This is where the supermarket is (which we took a packed lunch each day to Disney and saved a fortune of around 100€ per day). Its also huge, full of shops and restaurants. A lovely evening atmosphere.
We quickly realised that UBER is cheaper than asking the local taxi firms. There is a tiny local supermarket about 10 mins walk from the hotel which is expensive. You can get the hotel minibus which travels to Disney and val d'europe but I would not rely on it as follows...

Minibus to disney/val d'europe

This holds around 16 people. Each day is every man for himself to get on it. You pay the hotel reception for a 10€ return ticket for 4 people. Queue approx 20 mins before he is due (timetable at reception upon arrival). Although you can go to Disney and the shopping complex you will have to be prepared for a battle everyday. If you plan on returning with bags from the supermarket then good luck! We went to and from Disney via this method everyday but I hated it knowing you had to fight to get on. We didn't use this to go to val d'europe shopping centre. Where he drops you off he picks you up at the same spot.

Top Tips

Download and familiarise yourself with the UBER app- cheaper than their local taxis and very very convenient if you find you need a taxi at some point.

Take drawstring bags. We took two and the four of us took turns carrying them.

Go to the supermarket on arrival and take a packed lunch to Disney everyday. We took sandwiches, cooked hotdogs, actimol yoghurt drinks, crisps. We froze small water bottles which kept other drinks in the bag cold throughout the day. This kept hunger at bay so when the kids fancied the expensive treats it was few and far between and saved us a fortune!

Take rain macs to Disney just in case!

Be around 20 mins early for the minibus- don't forget to pay at reception before breakfast.

Be extra nice to staff as I think this will help you as I think they could be a problem.

Overall if you haven't yet booked this hotel and are thinking of doing so I would say don't do it! If I went back I would definitely not stay there. I would stay where my sister stayed which is a stone throw from val d'europe shopping complex and they have HUGE shuttle buses to and from Disney so no fighting for a place. She was over the moon with her hotel called Apart hotel Adagio, val d'europe. it was slightly more costwise than our hotel but they saved more money as they didn't need to pay expensive taxi fares to shop or for the bus to Disney everyday like us. Be careful when booking - triple check you book the correct hotel as they all have quite similar names and this is how we accidentally booked this awful hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank dmackay81
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

Just checked into this s hole after a long drive. What a dump. Place needs bulldozing. Dirty carpets, damp swollen walls. Worst room I have ever seen. Won't be staying for the second night. Disgraceful.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Billington1234
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Just back from a family break to Paris and stayed at the Appart'City and have to say it was perfect for us as a family of 4. The staff were friendly, the room was spotless and the shuttle bus was great for 2.50 per person for a return trip to Disney. The only downside it is a bit of a distance from Paris but it is easy to get to once you plan your route. There is a local shop and bakery too which we found so handy. We also used Uber which we found was an excellent services and much cheaper than cabs and taxis. I would recommend Appart'City to any family and look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family