A party of 9 of us booked 3 rooms in January requesting one disabled room. We arrived for our 4 day trip to visit Disney on 14th August. Immediatley we had problems booking in when we were told that they could only find a booking for 2rooms. After a delay of approx 1 hour, they sorted out our booking and we were finally allocated our rooms. I took my key and put it in the door fully expecting the adapted room I had asked for, but was shocked to find that not only was it not a disabled room, but........ a family were already in the room having their tea, its a good job they were not doing anything personal! I also took time to notice that it was not equipped for a disabled person. Back down in reception, and after another 10 minute wait, I was given another key for a room on 3rd floor.After inspection, I noticed that the bathroom was not adapted for a disabled person, it was tiny. The gentleman with me needs an adapted bathroom because he is quadraplegic,he has to transfer from his wheelchair into the bath or shower. Because the bathroom was so small and not what we requested, the disabled gentleman had to crawl around the bathroom floor and into the shower, there was no grip rail in the cubicle either. This is not acceptable, as I understand that this Hotel is supposed to have 17 adapted rooms, and we booked in advance.
The shuttle was also a joke. Anyone in a wheelchair who cannot walk at all can forget it. The bus driver was not going to let us on at all. He was rude.I asked the Hotel reception if they provide a free taxi for disabled and they said NO. Our first day into Disney cost me 40 euros return. On our return journey at night from Disney, it took over 1 hour to try and get a taxi for our Family party including whhelchair and pushchair users. All the stress of trying to sort our Taxis out outside of Disney at midnight, resulted in 2 Taxi drivers geting involved in a fight and one was punched to the ground and bleeding, we just stopped one of the Taxi drivers from driving off at top speed with 2 of our party of very frightened children in side. Disney staff would not call the police and no one would help, my son nearly got knocked over trying to stop the car.
When I got back to the Hotel, I explained what had happened and I demanded that they provide a free Taxi as our shuttle service for the rest of our stay, they relented and agreed.
Last year we stayed at the Kyriad Hotel, it was immaculate and efficiant. We could not use their shuttle bus either, so they provided for us, without argument, a wheelchair friendly Taxi for our party of 6, both ways, at any time. The bathroom in the Kryiad was also huge with the correct adaptations for disabled, it was a pleasure to be there.
The staff at Park and Suites said we should have confirmed in advance to see if they provided
a special taxi service for disabled. My response to that is surely, in the 21st century, disabled people are just as valuable as able bodied people and pay the same to stay at your Hotel.
You are excluding disabled from staying at your Hotel if they want to use your free shuttle and cannot access the bus. Why should Disabled have to pay 15 to 20 euros to travel when others go free?
It will be the Kyriad and peppys Taxis again IF I ever go back to Disney Paris
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park & Suites Prestige Val D'Europe is located in Montevrain on 1-hecture parkland, 10 minutes from Disneyland Resort Paris. It offers a shuttle service to Disneyland.Each air-conditioned studio and suite has modern decor. They include a fully equipped kitchen and dining area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, wired internet and a private bathroom.A buffet breakfast is served daily at the Prestige Val D'Europe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Appart'City Confort Marne la Vallee - Val d’Europe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park And Suites Prestige Val d`Europe
- Park & Suites Prestige Val d`Europe Hotel Montevrain
- Appart'City Confort Marne La Vallee - Val d’Europe Marne-La-Vallee - Montevrain