“forget it if you are disabled”

Appart'City Confort Marne la Vallee - Val d’Europe
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Montevrain
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“forget it if you are disabled”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

A party of 9 of us booked 3 rooms in January requesting one disabled room. We arrived for our 4 day trip to visit Disney on 14th August. Immediatley we had problems booking in when we were told that they could only find a booking for 2rooms. After a delay of approx 1 hour, they sorted out our booking and we were finally allocated our rooms. I took my key and put it in the door fully expecting the adapted room I had asked for, but was shocked to find that not only was it not a disabled room, but........ a family were already in the room having their tea, its a good job they were not doing anything personal! I also took time to notice that it was not equipped for a disabled person. Back down in reception, and after another 10 minute wait, I was given another key for a room on 3rd floor.After inspection, I noticed that the bathroom was not adapted for a disabled person, it was tiny. The gentleman with me needs an adapted bathroom because he is quadraplegic,he has to transfer from his wheelchair into the bath or shower. Because the bathroom was so small and not what we requested, the disabled gentleman had to crawl around the bathroom floor and into the shower, there was no grip rail in the cubicle either. This is not acceptable, as I understand that this Hotel is supposed to have 17 adapted rooms, and we booked in advance.
The shuttle was also a joke. Anyone in a wheelchair who cannot walk at all can forget it. The bus driver was not going to let us on at all. He was rude.I asked the Hotel reception if they provide a free taxi for disabled and they said NO. Our first day into Disney cost me 40 euros return. On our return journey at night from Disney, it took over 1 hour to try and get a taxi for our Family party including whhelchair and pushchair users. All the stress of trying to sort our Taxis out outside of Disney at midnight, resulted in 2 Taxi drivers geting involved in a fight and one was punched to the ground and bleeding, we just stopped one of the Taxi drivers from driving off at top speed with 2 of our party of very frightened children in side. Disney staff would not call the police and no one would help, my son nearly got knocked over trying to stop the car.
When I got back to the Hotel, I explained what had happened and I demanded that they provide a free Taxi as our shuttle service for the rest of our stay, they relented and agreed.
Last year we stayed at the Kyriad Hotel, it was immaculate and efficiant. We could not use their shuttle bus either, so they provided for us, without argument, a wheelchair friendly Taxi for our party of 6, both ways, at any time. The bathroom in the Kryiad was also huge with the correct adaptations for disabled, it was a pleasure to be there.
The staff at Park and Suites said we should have confirmed in advance to see if they provided
a special taxi service for disabled. My response to that is surely, in the 21st century, disabled people are just as valuable as able bodied people and pay the same to stay at your Hotel.
You are excluding disabled from staying at your Hotel if they want to use your free shuttle and cannot access the bus. Why should Disabled have to pay 15 to 20 euros to travel when others go free?
It will be the Kyriad and peppys Taxis again IF I ever go back to Disney Paris

1 Thank neil l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Motherwell, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights from 8th August. Check-in was smooth and quick. Staff attentive and pleasant. Room I stayed in for 2 was immaculately clean and fresh. Well equipped with bathroom toiletries, fresh towels and kitchen utensils etc. Plenty storage space for 2. Wi-fi in rooms good and free use of safe. Very comfortable beds. Asked for extra duvet and no problem. Aircon very good. Cleaned and made-up daily and nice fresh towels and toiletries topped up. Shuttle bus at hotel fab. Always on time. Excellent base for Disney. Only thing I think hotel could improve on is providing some vending machines for drinks and confectionery. Bar opens at 6pm. All in all I was extremely happy with my stay. Excellent value for money. Definitely would recommend.

Room Tip: Ground floor room easy to access
1 Thank Linda G
Direction_Department, Directeur général at Appart'City Confort Marne la Vallee - Val d’Europe, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments about your stay with us and for recommending our establishment. We are glad to read that our aparthotel, shuttle service to Disney and staff gave you great satisfaction.
We hope to welcome you again soon in one of Park&Suites aparthotels.

ankara
Reviewed August 15, 2013

we stayed on P&S in June but I haven't had time to write a review yet.
first of all I have to disagree with people complaining. I think it was excellent when I consider what we paid. for example we had breakfast in Disney Hotel and yes it is fancy place but I would not pay tonnes of money for a bed I will leave at 8am and return back at midnight just to sleep (in Disney there is no other way of life you know)
the area is great first of all. imo it is not in the middle of nowhere but in the middle of a peaceful countryside with nature around. scenery and the air is refreshing
Hotel was pretty good except the funny smell in the corridors. shuttle service was super fine. only time I see people standing was the last round after Disney Dreams. it is a 5 minutes ride anyway.
Room is very good, clean and fit for purpose.
staff was also helpful to us. we did not experience any rudeness.
If we go again we will definitely stay at the Park & Suites Prestige.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank htaca
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your stay and for recommending our establishment.
We are glad to read that our aparthotel, shuttle service and staff gave you great satisfaction. Our residence is indeed perfect to enjoy nature and countryside sceneries all the while being ideally located near Disney® parks and Val d’Europe shopping Centre.
We hope to welcome you again soon in our residence.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

1st August stayed for 3nights....
Arrived at hotel after missing the last shuttle via local bus,my first problem was charged some sort of tax on my room not informed on booking,the room was a good size for 4 people sharing,was a great kitchen,really good bath & shower always hot water ......
The shuttle to Disney was really 1st class always on time and free
My faults......
Unfortunately room had ants also staying in our room,there was no vending machines for drinks or ice or sweets,so make sure you go to Auchan in town to save money.
Overal I had a very good stay and to anyone wanting a cheap place to stay for a visit to Euro Disney you would be silly not to try it.
I found France very expensive and most people very rude,and never in a million years could this place ever compete with the flagship of Disney in Florida not ever,shame they could learn a lot from the Americans about treating visitors with respect......

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank msfeeley99
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments about your stay with us. We are glad to read that you enjoyed our residence as well as our shuttle service to Disney.
We would like to apologize for the ant infestation you witnessed in your room, which has now been taken care of. Our guests’ feedback is very important to us as it helps us improve the quality of our services, that is why we have taken good note of your suggestion regarding the vending machines.
We are very sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with the people you met during your stay, and truly hope that in the future, you will get another chance to discover the friendliness and sense of hospitality of the French people.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Unfortunately our stay was not as problem free and relaxing as we had hoped, and has somewhat tarnished a lovely trip away to the Disneyland Paris resort.

To begin, the hotel provides a free shuttle bus to and from the Disneyland resort, however there was no information on the website as to where to get this bus from. Having twice attempted to contact the hotel and received no reply, we spent a good 40 minutes scouring the entire bus station at Marne La Vallée for the shuttle bus, and spoke twice to the Travel Information desk, only to finally discover that the stop was on the opposite end of the resort behind the main Disney Village, with no signage at all. Luckily the shuttle bus itself was always punctual and we were incredibly grateful for how reliable and useful it was to be transported to and from the hotel, with buses running all the way until midnight, and provision to provide free taxis to the hotel or resort if the bus becomes too busy, and the service was one of the highlights of staying at the hotel.

Check in at the hotel was very slow, and the concierge at Reception took two phone-calls and went to the office to speak with a colleague whilst dealing with out check in which meant that the whole process took over 15 minutes. Several staff walked in and out of the office but didn't acknowledge that there was a large queue for Reception, and we found we had a similar problem checking out.

On arrival in our room in the basement, we quickly discovered that the entire place was infested with ants - not only on the floors, but all over the kitchen counters, sofa and bed! I spoke to the hotel desk, and we were quickly transferred to another room in the basement which luckily didn't have the same problem, and I am very grateful to the late-night porter who solved this problem quickly and efficiently.

Our room being situated in the basement was only accessible through a long and dark service corridor housing all of the laundry and service rooms. The corridors were especially difficult to navigate during the mornings, with large cleaning carts blocking all of the corridors and elevators, and large congregations of cleaners chatting, and blocking the doorways.

The room itself was very clean and spacious with an excellent kitchenette facility with a dishwasher and crockery/cutlery for self-catering. Unfortunately the shower in the bathroom did not have a proper seal around the door, and would flood the entire bathroom every time it was used.

Overall the stay was fairly stressful due to the various problems we encountered, and whilst the location was ideal to visit the Disneyland resort, I would be looking for different accommodation if I were to return again.

1 Thank ramsay_street93
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay with us and we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay in our establishment.
We would like to inform you that, the ant infestation you witnessed in your room has now fortunately been taken care of.
Concerning the shuttle location, we are currently working on a map that will soon be inserted on our webpage, so that our guests may find it more easily.
We are aware that sometimes the reception can be very requested during Summer time. We are trying our best to reduce the waiting time of our guests.
We hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you so that you may experience again the quality of our services. Everything will be done to make sure that we meet your expectations.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

So my 4 day trip to France was an experience I have never had to go through before. The Hotel was very nice and was in a good location just 5 minute's drive from Disneyland, and the free shuttle service was always ontime. The only thing with the hotel room was we had a bad infestation of ant's in the room.

Disneyland was spot on. I can not complain one bit. They cater really well for disabled peoole.

But the general public I found very rude. They didn't like to help with advice for finding things ie. Banks, Supermarkets ect.

The same with the train station. I missed my train back to ebbsfleet on the way home because no one would tell me what platform when I asked more than once. I had to travel on a later train to London. Which put me behind secdule for when I was back in England.

After my 4 day experience I can say I will never be returning to france.

• Stayed August 2013
Direction_Department, Directeur général at Appart'City Confort Marne la Vallee - Val d’Europe, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions about your stay with us.
We are glad that you enjoyed our residence and would like to apologize for the ants infestation you witnessed in your room, which has now been taken care of.

Dumfries, Scotland
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I have read though many previous reviews for this hotel before posting this. We enjoyed our stay. Beds were comfortable. It was clean. Well equipped. They now have WiFi in the rooms. Rooms were cleaned daily. Dishwasher tablets were even supplied. We could only get TV to work on one channel but did not miss it. Who comes on holiday to watch TV? Don't book this hotel then complain about the location! It is where it is. There is nothing close by but the shuttle bus is excellent. Always on time. When we arrived at night driver was very helpful and although we had a stressful journey put us at ease, helped us with suitcases etc. It is only 10 minutes away from Disneyland and shuttle bus also goes to a very good shopping centre called val d'europe. Overall a good stay and would recommend and would come again.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank cherylsmith30
Dear Guest,

We are glad that our aparthotel, shuttle service and staff gave you great satisfaction. Our residence is indeed ideally located near Disney® parks and Val d’Europe shopping Centre.
We try our best to make our guests’ stay as comfortable as possible, that is why we also offer the possibility to book tickets for Disney® parks at the reception or on our website www.parkandsuites.com.

We hope to welcome you again soon in our residence.
The Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montevrain
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe
Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
#9 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee

Been to Appart'City Confort Marne la Vallee - Val d’Europe? Share your experiences!