“Horrible, intrusive service at the Atrium”
Review of Atrium Hotel

Atrium Hotel
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Faridabad
India
“Horrible, intrusive service at the Atrium”
Reviewed July 4, 2007

I had the misfortune to spend around 10 days at the Atrium hotel while travelling on business. Really it was quite disappointing from start to finish.
I was given a room with a tiny window in a corner, facing out onto an active construction site that was active almost around the clock. Besides the noise, construction workers could look right into the room as soon as a the curtains were open which left me without natural light most of the time.
When I got to the room the shower didn't work, and it took them ages to fix, the toilet seat was broken, there was hair on the bedsheets, the carpets in the room were filthy and other small details in the room, glasses etc, were just not clean. I was never offered a new room.
The service ranged from being, in the best case, just very awkward, to in the worst case being extremely intrusive. In general it was always bad.
After a very disappointing meal in the restaurant I pointed out that the bill was incorrect (in my favour). Two times I was assured that it was fine. Two hours later I was called up in my room by someone who refused to speak english but managed to communicate that I needed to sign my bill. After a while he said he would come to my room. It was almost midnight and I had already gone to bed so I said absolutely not. Minutes later, despite my refusal, the person knocked on the door, barged in and forced me to sign a new restaurant bill to correct the mistake made hours ago. The difference was just a few rupies.
Laundry was returned at almost 11pm and was always incorrectly handled despite clear instructions.
I can't believe this hotel manages to market itself as international standard accomodation as it is so far below what can reasonably be expected that it is just not worth it at any price.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The service was awkward, intrusive - just horrible.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank ExpatInIndia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed May 8, 2007

We stayed at the Atrium for three nights in April.

The service from check-in to check-out was excellent; all staff were helpful and friendly.

The entrance is grand, the communal areas are well decorated, and the rooms are comfortable. Power can be erratic at times, but this is to be expected in Delhi.

You will need transport if staying at this hotel, as it is a little out of town.

All in all a nice hotel, and I would stay here again.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business