Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$81
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Pind Balluchi(Faridabad)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsjiva spacourtyard viewoasis restaurantkids roomshooting rangepottery makingcakenice weekendspa experiencerooms are spaciouspool sideweekend breakin room diningexcellent propertycelebrate our anniversarybreakfast buffetcoffee shop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Our check in was smooth (group of 7 rooms), the staff was very well trained and explained everything we need to know in a very candid manner. Rooms are good, they are a bit old but still ok. You cant complaint much about the room and the bathroom, but there was no woawww factor considering a taj hotel.

The gym was up to date, pool was well maintained, and full of hustle bustle. The changing rooms were very good, with sauna, steam and showers. I didnt experienced the spa , so cudnt say much about it.

We had dinner at Paranda, their Indian restaurant. The food was below average, service was pathetic, and all the check marks were missing. Again, not at all a restaurant from Taj. Even basic things like Dal were also pathetic, let alone the soup and starters. We regretted spending 18k on food, and cribbing in the end.

Next day, the buffet was a blunder again. It was 16th august , and a full packed hotel. The management simply didnt planned that how they are going to handle so many ppl for the breakfast. Most guests were local and none of them were going for any sightseeing, so those who got the table, were not in any mood to get up. And a long queue formed at the entrance with ppl standing for more than 45 minutes. It was awful, ppl were complaining , some were even shouting at the managers. It seemed like we are standing in queue for some langar.

But probably it was one of their bad days. Even after we entered , the food menu was also boring, there was queue for juices, queue for bhaturas, queue for dosas, queue for everything and frequent stockouts. They should have planned this heavy rush. They know that how many guests are there, and how will they entertain them.

1  Thank Namit J
rajeev k, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

Dear Mr. Namit,
Greetings from Vivanta by Taj- Surajkund!

At the outset I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your valuable feedback.

I regret for the inconveniences caused to you during your stay with us. We at Taj have always strived to seek feedback from our guests, and I assure you that we have made a note of all of your concerns and each department head has been briefed to take relevant measures in ensuring your issues are addressed.

May I request you to take this as a isolated event and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We had an opportunity to visit the Vivanta by Taj Surajkund in August this year.
The idea was to have dinner @ Taj and in the process, review the service and facilities that would help us ascertain whether its worth staying there for a couple of days or not.
The reception staff is well trained and courteous.
The interiors are charming and with huge lobby, are truly awe inspiring.
The restaurants Paranda and Oasis are equally good. However, Oasis is a tad better on ambience front with outdoor seating options while Paranda boasts of truly unique dhaba style set up.
The restaurant service is prompt and the food quality is good.
They have a nice swimming pool in the other wing along with well stocked spa facility which we would definitely plan to make use of during our stay in future.

1  Thank Nishant S
rajeev k, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Mr. Nishant,
Greetings from Vivanta by Taj - Surajkund!

At the outset I thank you for Dining with us at Oasis and to review us on Trip Advisor

Our guest’s feedback is important to us and we are delighted to have exceeded your expectations during your dining experience. I would also like to thank you for your warm words about my team and it will be my utmost pleasure to share with them.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you to “Vivanta by Taj – Surajkund” and I look forward to meeting you during your stay with us and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I went on an Independence Day offer, a lot of rush, events as well as holidayers. But still, nothing got impacted at all! Excellent property, beautiful rooms, great service, and fortunately for me at least this time, reasonable prices as well.
I have seen when there are big weddings or corporate programs, hotels mess up the regular guests. But this time, nothing of that sort happened. I loved everything, highly recommended, I plan to go again.
Their indoor and outdoor activities for kids as well as adults offer things to do within the premises.

Room Tip: A lot of rooms are good, garden view, pool side, I got a pool view. Better to chose from old building as the new building has more storeys, leading to more waiting time at the lift!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
rajeev k, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear Ms. Parul,
Greetings from Vivanta by Taj- Surajkund!

At the outset I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We at the Taj, have always strived to seek feedback from our guests and, such words of praise that keep us motivated to create memorable experiences for our guests. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Booked a room at the Vivanta after I was late off the blocks in planning for the long weekend.....Spent the lat two days and a night....and was just the shot I needed after an arduos month....great place for kids and family stay...highlights.....WoW lobby...good service....kid friendly activities....nice pool...large standard rooms....decent breakfast spread.

Room Tip: Pool facing

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Vivanta by Taj- Surajkund!

At the outset I would like to thank you for choosing us as vacation destination, and reviewing us on Trip Advisor

Our guest’s feedback is important to us and we are delighted to have exceeded your expectations during the stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to “Vivanta by Taj – Surajkund”.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I live in Delhi & travel to Faridabad every day for work. Must have crossed this property a gazillion times. In fact have been regularly visiting the erstwhile Claridges (Azure/Dhaba/Coffee Shop) with friends/clients, with no complaints.

This prodded me to try a weekend with my family, more so with the Taj tag attached to it. Have had amazing experiences at VBT Maldives & Langkawi, so I figured this should work too.

Boy, did they prove me WRONG. The check-in took 3 hours, with many unruly scenes at the front desk, with irate customers. The logic given to all was - the previous guests are checking out late. I think, the real reason was that these guys are just not equipped to run to full capacity.

Though we were upgraded to a superior category suite, the house-keeping was so sad, that I was embarrassed about getting my family to this place! The sheets had not been replaced, just relaid! Bathroom slab/floor had stains & the toilet seat was not clean!! This is the Taj we are so used to. Sorry, but very very poor.

I will really think again about recommending this property to my clients in future.

2  Thank Nitin2008

Dear Mr. Nitin,
Greetings from Vivanta by Taj- Surajkund!

At the outset I would like to thank you for staying with us.

I regret for the inconveniences caused during your stay, also I assure you that we have made a note of all your concerns. I have made note of your observations and assure you that we shall work on the same.

May I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and to give us another opportunity to restore your confidence.