“An Indian Respite”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Faridabad
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“An Indian Respite”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

On our final leg of a three week tour from Goa to Kathmandu to Delhi, we stayed at the Park Plaza as it was close to friends at Grace Assembly of God Church. My family is so happy and comfortable to be here. The rooms are modern with huge windows. Bathrooms elegant. A/C works great in the rooms although the common areas were not cooled or vented. Upkeep of the facility is ok for USA standards I.e. marks on wall, gouges on furniture and apparent water damage in lobby and common areas.... But certainly not a game changer. Just want to be realistic even with my Excellent rating I give this hotel.

Of course, service, top of the line. Could not even press the elevator button without a staff person beating me to it.

Restaurant food quality, also excellent although I was a shocked at the prices. This would be my only complaint.

I would recommend this hotel too anyone looking for a comfortable place to stay in Faridabad. Great job management!

Room Tip: A small plaza shopping center one block away, Spencer's were you can get chips and soda as well...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Allahabad, India
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Its very strategically located,with modern furnishings.Overall gives a very modern outlook in terms of interiors and external structure.Food is very good.The field to improve is room service,for which more training is needed.

Overall,a very good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is really a good property - room are specious, neatly managed, neat and clean bathroom. majority of rooms are lawn facing ( there are two lawns) - in the morning if you like to walk on green grass, the two lawns are big enough for that - quality and range of food is good - it is best place to stay when you are in Faridabad.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing lawn
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
FOMPPF, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the very outset I would like to express my sincere gratitude for writing such a wonderful review about the hotel and calling us a "Best Place To Stay When You Are In Faridabad". It has been truly appreciated by my team and I.

Thank you for recognizing that our room was spacious, hotel is clean, food is good and had green lawns. I am glad to see that you found the property good.

We have a splendid team here who make every effort to make our guests feel at home and have a positive experience.

Your positive review will really help boost the morale of our team.

On behalf of the entire team at Park Plaza, Faridabad, I would once again like to thank you and look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Italy
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed here on 10th of May it’s a beautiful hotel starting from check-in, rooms, services all where excellent. Amit the manager on duty(food and beverage manager) was very helpful. The best thing General Manager(Mr.Sahota) called up of this property to take the feedback it shows these guys are really concern of guest feedback.
Keep it up Guys !!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FOMPPF, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the very outset I would like to express my sincere gratitude for writing such a wonderful review about the hotel and calling us a "Beautiful Hotel". It has been truly appreciated by my team and I.

It was a pleasure to see that you liked every aspect of the hotel including our check in, rooms and services.

Thank you for recognizing Amit our F&B manager for his work.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very nice rooms.Average staff but with a very big drawback extremely in effective airconditioners especially the room corridors and the rooms. Maybe as the hotel was majorly vacant they did it purposefully but whatever reason it was a total turn off.rooms very clean and nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 26, 2013

A New Hotel and a Great Relief for Faridabad which has scaricity of Quality Hotels, (though some new hotels have come up in last few months). Room were neat and clean , big size, Food Great and ambience Great. Enviornment was peaceful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FOMPPF, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the very outset I would like to express my sincere gratitude for writing such a wonderful review about the hotel and calling us a "A great Business Hotel". It has been truly appreciated by my team and I.

It was a pleasure to see that you have felt that our hotel was a great relief and recognized us as a quality hotel in Faridabad.

Thank you for recognizing that our room was big, food was great and had great ambience. I am glad to see that you found the environment peaceful too.

stockholm
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'm a 30-something, Australian female who visited Faridabad for work. I was having trouble deciding between the limited hotel options and decided to book the Park Plaza because of the overall rating, the photos of the rooms and the free Wifi (important if you're working from your room on some days). I was hesitant to book as I had noticed that the manager defends any negative comments on this site (which is usually a bad sign).

My overall impression is that this hotel is geared toward Indian business men. The hotel is comfortable enough, though it's more grubby than it appears in the photos. It's the little things like hairs on your sheets, greasy marks in the sink, used slippers and water/soap marks on the shower. It also lacked atmostphere to me - it seemed very silent. During the day, almost all the guests were male.

But the straw that broke the camel's back was over pricing - or really, value. I had booked the room via a third party website and paid in advance. After checking in (and the staff took a very long time, and seemed to not be familiar with checking in a foreign guest) I recieved a call to my room telling me that I had infact booked for single occupancy (despite the room being king size) and that I would have to pay an 1/3 more per night for my husband, who was staying with me for the first 2 nights. When I went downstairs to show them my voucher, I asked to see the form that I originally signed at check in, showing that the actual price in Indian Rupees was 25,000 per night (compared to the 47,500 they were asking me to pay). When I asked the person behind the desk said no and despite our attempts he held the form close to his chest and kept claiming 'its for our records'. He then kept the form away from our reach, face-down on the desk. Which indicates to me, that as foreigners, we were being charged a higher rate.

After that, we went to go to the poolside restaurant to have a drink, but were told that it was closed due to a private party. That left the sports bar. When we ordered a Kingfisher beer (local beer) we were told they didnt have any. When we went to go outside to find an altnernative bar, the manager approached us and told us 'there is no Kingfisher beer anywhere in Faridabad'! Then we tried to order pineapple juices and were told that they were out of that also.

So all-in-all a very dissapointing experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
FOMPPF, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. It is much appreciated and very concerning at the same time.

I am very disappointed to see that you had a poor experience at our hotel. I have shared your dissatisfaction with the departments concerned and taken necessary steps to ensure that esteemed guests like yourself do not have a bad experience like this in the future. The inconvenience to you is deeply regretted.

I would like to take this opportunity to see if I could talk to you directly regarding your experience at our hotel and the issue with the rates charged to you. You could call us at 011-91-124-4241111and ask for the General Manager, Upjeet Singh Sahota.

Once again, I do apologize sincerely on behalf of the entire team at Park Plaza Faridabad. I would like to thank you for your patronage and look forward to another opportunity to serve you when you visit again.