Park Plaza Faridabad
$41
$37
Ginger Faridabad(Faridabad)
$38
Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund(Faridabad)
$85
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
bedfinder
TripAdvisor
All reviewsveranda restaurantfood festivalvalue for moneyspecial thanksfront office staffhousekeeping staffgreat hospitalitybusiness tripexcellent foodnice ambiencef brestaurant staffroom serviceexcellent hoteltaking careget togetherkeep up the good work
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'm a 30-something, Australian female who visited Faridabad for work. I was having trouble deciding between the limited hotel options and decided to book the Park Plaza because of the overall rating, the photos of the rooms and the free Wifi (important if you're working from your room on some days). I was hesitant to book as I had noticed that the manager defends any negative comments on this site (which is usually a bad sign).

My overall impression is that this hotel is geared toward Indian business men. The hotel is comfortable enough, though it's more grubby than it appears in the photos. It's the little things like hairs on your sheets, greasy marks in the sink, used slippers and water/soap marks on the shower. It also lacked atmostphere to me - it seemed very silent. During the day, almost all the guests were male.

But the straw that broke the camel's back was over pricing - or really, value. I had booked the room via a third party website and paid in advance. After checking in (and the staff took a very long time, and seemed to not be familiar with checking in a foreign guest) I recieved a call to my room telling me that I had infact booked for single occupancy (despite the room being king size) and that I would have to pay an 1/3 more per night for my husband, who was staying with me for the first 2 nights. When I went downstairs to show them my voucher, I asked to see the form that I originally signed at check in, showing that the actual price in Indian Rupees was 25,000 per night (compared to the 47,500 they were asking me to pay). When I asked the person behind the desk said no and despite our attempts he held the form close to his chest and kept claiming 'its for our records'. He then kept the form away from our reach, face-down on the desk. Which indicates to me, that as foreigners, we were being charged a higher rate.

After that, we went to go to the poolside restaurant to have a drink, but were told that it was closed due to a private party. That left the sports bar. When we ordered a Kingfisher beer (local beer) we were told they didnt have any. When we went to go outside to find an altnernative bar, the manager approached us and told us 'there is no Kingfisher beer anywhere in Faridabad'! Then we tried to order pineapple juices and were told that they were out of that also.

So all-in-all a very dissapointing experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
FOMPPF, General Manager at Park Plaza Faridabad, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. It is much appreciated and very concerning at the same time.

I am very disappointed to see that you had a poor experience at our hotel. I have shared your dissatisfaction with the departments concerned and taken necessary steps to ensure that esteemed guests like yourself do not have a bad experience like this in the future. The inconvenience to you is deeply regretted.

I would like to take this opportunity to see if I could talk to you directly regarding your experience at our hotel and the issue with the rates charged to you. You could call us at 011-91-124-4241111and ask for the General Manager, Upjeet Singh Sahota.

Once again, I do apologize sincerely on behalf of the entire team at Park Plaza Faridabad. I would like to thank you for your patronage and look forward to another opportunity to serve you when you visit again.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on business in Faridabad, this hotel is very well maintained and has all the conveniences required by a traveller. I'd especially recommend the rooftop barbeque restaurant! The internet speeds are great. The staff are very helpful as well. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
FOMPPF, General Manager at Park Plaza Faridabad, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Mr. Tejas,

Thank you for the wonderful review that you have written about our hotel. It is very much appreciated. Your review has been truly appreciated by my entire team and I.

I am really glad that you enjoyed our hotel and found it well maintained. We sincerely appreciate that you have recommended our hotel to other travelers too.

Our rooftop Barbecue restaurant is definitely a good place to enjoy a nice meal.

We have a splendid team here who make every effort to make our guests feel at home and have a positive experience.

On behalf of the entire team at Park Plaza, Faridabad, I would once again like to thank you and look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Mr. Chef ( Laveen Mathur)

Undoubtedly, your services at Park Plaza, Faridabad including preparedness , personalized and tastiest services is a benchmark.

Also, seeking feedback, "so softly", confirms your involvement & makes dining more memorable.

Please keep it up.

Best Wishes!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PiyVas
FOMPPF, General Manager at Park Plaza Faridabad, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a review about our Chef. Your review has been truly appreciated by him, the entire hotel team and myself.

I am really glad to know that our Chef Laveen Mathur has personally catered to your needs and has done so with utmost perfection with the quality and taste being his benchmarks. I am happy to know that your dining experiences with us were memorable due to his involvement.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

admist fardibad park plaza is jewel.... attended the AWADHI FOOD festival going on this week....impressive menu by the chef....providing with overwhelming courteous staff,,,, bizzare variety of awadhi food... to name few!!!! bakhtawal sweet dish,,,,warki parantha,,,,varities of other paranthas,,,,lamb chops ,,,,to keep few secret ..go find out more,,,,,thanks to the chef to make us lovely awadhi food.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ms. Puja,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and recognizing us as a milestone in Faridabad. Your review has been truly appreciated by my entire team and I.

I am really glad to know that you enjoyed the Awadhi Food festival at our hotel and were impressed by our Chefs menu and the overwhelming courteous behavior of our staff. I am also happy to know that you recommended our hotel to other guests to come and savor the delicacies of our festival. The festival was truly a great success where everyone appreciated the quality and quantity of our dishes.

On behalf of the entire team at Park Plaza, Faridabad, I would once again like to thank you and look forward to another opportunity to serve you when you visit again.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. The rooms were comfortable and of good size. The hotel is right next to a big market which makes it very convenient if you want to shop. The staff is exceptional and the service is spot on. It seems like the employees genuinely care about the guests. Really enjoyed Geoffrey's their Pub - very nicely designed and their absolutely gorgeous roof top restaurant called Terrace Grill - Great succulent kebabs. Breakfast is sumptuous with a lot of variety. As it is very close to the center of the city getting to all my customers became very easy. If you need a hotel which is value for money in Faridabad this is the place. Hope to return for business and stay here only. Keep it up...

Room Tip: I had a room with a view of a nicely maintained lawn.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

At the very outset, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a splendid review about our hotel. It is truly motivating and morale boosting for the entire team.

I am really glad that you had a good stay with us and felt that we were an "Oasis in Faridabad" and a value for money hotel.

I am really happy to see that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel including the comfort of our rooms and genuine hospitality by our staff. Geoffrey's Pub is a great place to relax and is truly well designed and is one of its kind in Faridabad. The rooftop restaurant (The Terrace Grill)- the kebabs there are truly succulent.

We have excellent staff at our hotel that makes every effort to ensure a comfortable stay for our esteemed guests and ensures that highest levels of service is maintained at all times.

On behalf of the entire team at Park Plaza, Faridabad, I would once again like to thank you and look forward to many more opportunities to serve you in the near future.