“Park Plaza - from the Carlson chain?”
Review of Park Plaza

Park Plaza
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Faridabad
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Have stayed at the hotel on a few occasions in the recent past. While the staff try hard to make you comfortable, the rooms are not as comfortable. The hardware selected is inferior quality particularly in the toilets. The walls in most rooms have signs of water seepage which in some cases has gathered fungus on it with time. Considering that it is a new property, the quality of construction is definitely below acceptable standards. Wonder how the Carlson hotel chain missed this while giving their franchise to the property. Surely the room tariff is much higher than what the room deserves.

The redeeming feature of the property are the restaurants particularly the rooftop barbecue. The staff are very friendly and the service is excellent.

Room Tip: West facing rooms are quieter and have less seepage in the walls
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
FOMPPF, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Mr. Kaul,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

I have read your review very carefully and have initiated necessary steps to tackle the problems mentioned by you.

I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality and excellent service of our staff and food at the rooftop barbecue - Terrace Grill restaurant. We have a great team here who make every effort to make our guests stay enjoyable.

On behalf of the entire team at Park Plaza, Faridabad, I would once again like to thank you for your continuous patronage and look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at the Park Plaza Faridabad for 4 days. Mine was a business trip. The rooms are extremely comfortable.I enjoyed the service and the food.I had a very pleasant stay.I strongly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Guest,

At the very outset, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our hotel.

I am really glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the comfort of our rooms, our food and our service.

I also want to earnestly thank you for strongly recommending our hotel and noting that we are an "Excellent Value for Money" hotel.

We have excellent staff at our hotel that makes every effort to ensure a comfortable stay for our esteemed guests and ensures that highest levels of service is maintained at all times.

On behalf of the entire team at Park Plaza, Faridabad, I would once again like to thank you and look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I loved the review previously "Basil is alive and well.......", because I felt the same way. The minute I arrived I was accosted by 3 staff trying to wrestle my hand luggage off of me, I was then TOLD to sit down but a soulless, unsmiling matron-type lady who seemed intent on making me feel uncomfortable right from the start. Not a welcome nor smile, just a cold "you realise you have to pay for our car you ordered but did not use?" I was staggered by this, especially as I had been on the road since 4am and the last thing I needed was to be told off by some school teacher with attitude. As I was ushered to the lift by a very excited young man, who then asked me what I thought of the hotel, despite the fact that I was still in the lobby! The room had a decent large bed, was very clean and had a good shower despite the water not being that hot, however some strange fittings like a sink set back so you soak the sinktop when you wash your hands, the banks of light switches everywhere and a lack of sockets at working level. Very disappointed with the food, especially as in that area you have no other options unless you go to the city which is spread out across 2 different districts. The dinner buffet was simply quantity over quality, and honestly the Indian dishes just did not have the spicing and ingredients that I have become used to, with the curries being very watery and the breads dry and tasteless. I was very hungry so I asked a manager if I could have a vegetable curry with a spicy tomato and onion masala gravy, unfortunately 20 minutes later I'm still waiting and was not pleased to see the chef walking around the buffet with what appeared to be an owner/investor. Another 10 minutes and finally it came, and despite being very clear that I wanted a gravy this dish was completely dry. By that time I gave up and even then had to argue with him to pay for my buffet as he wanted to give me the whole lot for free. 1 last laugh I had was with the ridiculous elevator, which has a bright red "touch-free" arrow to call it; it never worked anytime I tried, until my schoolteacher told me I had to press it with "2 fingers pressed firmly down", with a glare that would have knocked over the buffalo at the entrance to the hotel. I will return just for the comedy alone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank madfish8
FOMPPF, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Sir,

Your feedback will help the entire team understand our shortcomings and encourage each one of us to elevate the standard of services.

I have read your review very carefully and have addressed your concerns with my team. Necessary training and instructions have been imparted to ensure that service and standards are improved in our front office. Your concern regarding the flavor of food has also been discussed with our Chef.

We have a very contemporary hotel and I am really glad that to see that you enjoyed our hotel room bed and the level of cleanliness.

On behalf of the entire team at Park Plaza, Faridabad, I would once again like to thank you for your patronage and look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2N in Jan13. The front deks is polite but a smile is missing from their faces.you will be provided fresh juice when u reach the reception for check-in which is smooth, the bell boys are missing though. The rooms are comfortable as we stayed in a superior roo, but rates are quite high when you compare the value for money you get. The location is just next to the main market of sec-21 and bang opposite office of commissional of police.

The pros : front desk, rooms, jeofferey's restaurant, valet service, the decor and ambience
The cons: slow room service, view from the rooms, food at verandah and terrace grill and behaviour of the staff

I may recommend the hotel to my freinds but I will also look for other better options before revisiting the next time.

I will suggest the hotel staff to improve the food quality at verandah and terrace grill. the buffet breakfast has limited spread which is again a thumbs down and they close it strictly by 10:30 which is very un-flexible again for a hotel like park plaza. There seems to be too many managers and less stewards.

Room Tip: Please select higher floor rooms and facing the main road in front of the hotel. try Jeoffrey's...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WhiteSandySun
FOMPPF, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear Traveller_Bonhomi,

Thank you sincerely for writing a review about our hotel. It is very much appreciated.

I have carefully perused through your comments and found that you were unhappy about the some aspects of our service and food. I am most concerned about your experience. I have discussed your positive and negative comments with my entire team especially the Chef and have taken necessary actions to ensure that other guests do not face the same issues again.

It is our utmost endeavor to provide the best service and standards.We have a splendid team here who makes every effort to make our guests feel at home and have a positive experience.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was there for a single night for a business trip, I was check in very late & checked out at morning, But the time I was spent here was excellent. Services i was not used more. But the one thing was missing i.e. shaving kit, that could be added. That was available on payment.------- Rooms were nice. Lights were Good, Furniture was also nice, Toilet area was excellent.--------
Staff were very polite & friendly.

Room Tip: No Direction I was realized.---- Sorry for the same. But Good To stay
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sdysahil,

We have a very contemporary hotel and I am really glad that to see that you enjoyed our hotel room and its services. Needless to say that your feedback would motivate the entire team and encourage each one of us to elevate the standard of services.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. Hotel is very well maintained and rooms are very hygenic. Food is great and the staff is very courteous and serve with a smiile. Rooms and the food served is reasnably priced. I woukd recommend this hotel. Although a skight draw bajck is it is kocated inthe ncr.

• Stayed: January 2013
FOMPPF, General Manager at Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Mr. Dimpesh,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Your review has been truly appreciated by my entire team and I. I am really glad to know that not only did you enjoy our hospitality and stay with us, but you have also recommended our hotel to others.

We have a splendid team here who make every effort to make our guests feel at home and have a positive experience.

On behalf of the entire team at Park Palza, Faridabad, I would once again like to thank you and look forward to another opportunity to serve you in near future.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for my business trip.
Hotel is located about 35 km from delhi airport T3 so one hour drive. Rooms are very nice and clean. Complementary wifi internet service during ur stay is speciality. Tv has limited channels but not to bother. Service is quite good. Food quality is good.
Overall great option at faridabad.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Sir,

I am really glad that you had a good stay with us.

You had expressed a concern regarding less channels - we are working on increasing the number of channels in the rooms. It should be done shortly.

Warm regards,