We have been to this resort and spa many times and love it. We live in Quito. The thermal waters are without sulfur smell and crystal clear. The water is constantly flowing and so is very clean. The restaurant has helpful staff although the prices are not in line with Ecuador and the food quality average. The reservation system they use is a disaster they require a bank deposit.(line up for hours) or you can try the online form that doesn't work too well. It got rejected because I only have one last name. (huh?!) then they asked for my PIN number for the credit card. Small minded backwards way of doing things. I work as an airline captain and use hotels all over the world with just a simple click or call it's all done. Not here. All that said we love it there and the walk to the park and waterfalls outside of the resort is also beautiful with humming birds and water falls. As far as eating goes...well if you venture about 1 km outside the resort you are paying local prices for the same food quality and lunch is $4 again! Enjoy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Termas de Papallacta is a Hot Springs SPA, Resort & Convention Center nestled in a majestic valley of the high Andes only 45 minutes driving from the new Quito Airport and 1 hour from Quito city. We are located at Km 65 on the way to Baeza following the Interoceanic road. Our resort is on the "Cinnamon Trail", the same route that the Spanish conquistador Francisco de Orellana took in 1542 when he crossed the Andean mountain range searching for gold and other treasures, and which unexpectedly led him to discover the Amazon River. Papallacta is the doorway to the Ecuadorian Amazon region, despite being in the Ecuadorian Highlands at an altitude of 10.827 feet (3.300 meters) above sea level and of an average daytime temperature of 14°C (57°F). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Termas de Papallacta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Termas De Papallacta Hotel Quito
- Termas De Papallacta Quito