We stayed at the unique hotel during a trip across the Andes, where it is located. Apart from the 10,000 ft + elevation, what distinguishes it from many others is its thermal pools, where guests can lounge after a day on the road (before taking a cold dip if they literally have the heart). The rooms are in thatched covered bungalows spread around the well maintained garden where the pools are. Comfort is basic. Heat is supposed to come from hot water circulating under the floor, but we don't think our room was so equipped. In spite of the elevation, however, we were not cold during the night. Food was served in a very nice dining room. But, as in most places where we stayed in Ecuador, while perfectly adequate, it was not gourmet (potatoes, potatoes!). This being said, I recommend the experience.
I cannot comment on "value" since we were on a tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Termas de Papallacta is a Hot Springs SPA, Resort & Convention Center nestled in a majestic valley of the high Andes only 45 minutes driving distance, 31 miles (50 kilometers) from the new Quito Airport. We are located at Km 65 on the way to Baeza following the Interoceanic road. Our resort is on the "Cinnamon Trail", the same route that the Spanish conquistador Francisco de Orellana took in 1542 when he crossed the Andean mountain range searching for gold and other treasures, and which unexpectedly led him to discover the Amazon River. Papallacta is the doorway to the Ecuadorian Amazon region, despite being in the Ecuadorian Highlands at an altitude of 10.827 feet (3.300 meters) above sea level and of an average daytime temperature of 14°C (57°F). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Termas de Papallacta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Termas De Papallacta Hotel Quito
- Termas De Papallacta Quito