Aside of the magnificent hot springs in the middle of the Andes, you will enjoy the great kitchen at the restaurante, combined with excellent service. We took the "Momentos Especiales" package, for a couple. The massages included in the package were pretty disappointing; the SPA is run separately from the hotel. It was a busy time of the year (Carnaval) and the public pools were crowded. The hot springs near the rooms were not that hot and they were cleaning some of them (bad timing!) but the hot springs at the SPA location were really good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Termas de Papallacta is a Hot Springs SPA, Resort & Convention Center nestled in a majestic valley of the high Andes only 45 minutes driving from the new Quito Airport and 1 hour from Quito city. We are located at Km 65 on the way to Baeza following the Interoceanic road. Our resort is on the "Cinnamon Trail", the same route that the Spanish conquistador Francisco de Orellana took in 1542 when he crossed the Andean mountain range searching for gold and other treasures, and which unexpectedly led him to discover the Amazon River. Papallacta is the doorway to the Ecuadorian Amazon region, despite being in the Ecuadorian Highlands at an altitude of 10.827 feet (3.300 meters) above sea level and of an average daytime temperature of 14°C (57°F). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Termas de Papallacta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Termas De Papallacta Hotel Quito
- Termas De Papallacta Quito