“One of the best in Southern Tuscany”
Review of Da Paolino

Da Paolino
Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Manciano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: THE RESTAURANT PIU 'ANCIENT MANCIANO We are in Maremma in the province of Grosseto and precisely in the historical center of Manciano but despite this we are within easy reach and we have no parking problems. Our trattoria in the tradition, maintains the characteristic appearance and atmosphere of the old inn: two rooms well-kept, rustic and cozy, the tables are made of wood and summer are put in the open; from the window of one of the rooms you can admire a beautiful landscape and in clear nights you can see, on the horizon, the coast and the sea. Our motto (we sent to those who work with us) is: friendliness and helpfulness but also attention to the customer who should feel at home. Our kitchen is typically Maremma, simple, tasty and attentive to local products
San Francisco
“One of the best in Southern Tuscany”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I've been here many times over the last 7+ years, and the experience is always the same. The proprietors are kind and welcoming, whether you're Italian or not. Excellent grilled meats including wild boar, polenta with cod and pasta dishes with both meat and vegetarian sauces. Only the best ingredients are used, and everything is made in-house and to order. There are no store-bought preparations. Every order has been outstanding with service to match. Wines are local and regional and are well chosen with the assistance of the wait staff.

The decor is warm and rustic, and the main dining room is quite intimate (seating possibly 20-25). Prices are moderate to inexpensive. The price/quality rapport is excellent. The food is at a level that's much higher than the prices would suggest.

I'd recommend a May or September visit. Start with an appetizer of local cured meats or goose carpaccio. Follow with wild boar pappardelle and/or the baked maiolino. Desserts are to your personal tastes, but all are excellent.

There are 2 or 3 competitors within 300m of this restaurant. All are more pretentious and expensive, and their menus, while good, are not on the level of Da Paolino's. Enjoy.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank BagnoCaldo

• Korean first
Manciano, Italy
“Always great!”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I live in Manciano, but I am a foreigner, being Dutch. I lived in Rome for over 30 years and now live here, which is much nicer! The trattoria da Paolino is one of my favourite restaurants because you just cannot go wrong! The ladies in the kitchen just make everything taste ever sooooo goooood! Cannot go wrong, so please try and let me know!

• Visited September 2011
Brooklyn
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Went on a day trip to Manciano with the family. Great meal and they were wonderful with my kids. My 4 yo liked my minestrone and the waitress brought her a small bowl, no charge. Nice place!

Visited July 2011
State of Sao Paulo
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I enjoyed having lunch in this restaurant with my partner and my parents. All the dishes were perfect. Service is first class.

• Visited February 2011
Rome, Italy
“great food”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We went to this restaurant to celebrate a birthday, we all loved the Maremma food the wine selection and the cake they made was to die for !!!! We got the misto di antipasti, which is a real treat and the pasta was amazing too. After that we did not have space for a secondo...

• Visited January 2011