“CANNOT miss!”

B&B Il Nido di Gabbiano
Charleston, South Carolina
“CANNOT miss!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I could literally spend days going on about how much I absolutely loved this place! Words honestly don't do it justice. The facility itself is gorgeous. It is extremely clean, the furnishings beautiful and the views incredible. When I dreamt of staying at a B&B in Tuscany, I didn't even dream about a place this beautiful. There are multiple outdoor seating areas that are all very comfortable and provide breathtaking views of the absolutely stunning scenery. Breakfast each morning was delicious, filled with plenty of options and prepared with kindness. I was visiting with 3 friends and on our first morning there, we fixed our breakfast plates in the dining room and then sat at some of the outdoor tables. The following two mornings, we awoke to find that they had taken it upon themselves to set up the entire breakfast table outside for us; such an incredibly kind gesture and just one example of how they go above and beyond to make all of their guests comfortable. The surrounding landscape and views leave you speechless. There are gorgeous rolling hills for miles and the clarity of the stars in the sky at night is breathtaking. I was so enraptured by the place that I chose to forego an outing with my friends to visit Pisa in favor of spending one whole day sitting outside admiring the scenery. One of the seating areas on the patio has cushioned lounge furniture and is covered by a free standing patio roof. It was so relaxing that I actually fell asleep. My heart broke when it came time to leave as I have never visited a place that I loved more than I loved this B&B. The peacefulness and beauty of this place is unparalleled. I cannot recommend this place enough. If you find yourself in Tuscany, do not do yourself the injustice of skipping over this place. I promise you will not regret staying here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hanna G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

When we come to Italy we always stay here at least for a couple of days for a lovely relax and it is impossible to overestimate this place. The hosts Donatella and Leonardo are superb, we never met such a nice, openhearted and welcoming people with such a big soul and passion that is felt in every little detail in this place! It is like visiting good old friends or your beloved parents.

Rooms are very spacious, always clean and extremely cozy, equipped with anything you might need. Breakfast is great and you have a variety to choose from. Price is good, and the value is remarkable! Worth every penny.

I always try to outline some drawbacks, to find at least something that is wrong... but here I am speechless. This place is perfect for my comfort, it is quiet, very beautiful, filled with lovely Tusany details. Great for romantic stay, for stay with the family, for a tired tourist. Not very suitable for a loud singing constant drinking teenage bachelor party, but this I may consider as a remarkable plus for a hotel as well :)

If you are going to visit those places - you should not stay anywhere else! Come to Il Nido di Gabbiano and you will never regret nor forget it. But be prepared, It is so easy to fall in love with it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
La Quinta, CA USA
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed here a couple of years ago. Everything was terrific. Breakfast was different each day with excellent coffee and a variety of foods. Our room was spacious and very clean. Donatella and Leonardo are supreme hosts with lots of information about the area. It is about a 30 minute into Firenze but we negotiated the route easily. I am sure they have many return guests.

Room Tip: You will need a car to get here. Get first room on the right upstairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnlaquinta
Switzerland
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We drove through the pittoresque landscape Scarperia and saw just by accident 'Il Nido', the B&B.
What can we add to the comments above?
We might go there for Honeymoon, no doubt this place is a real paradise, the host so friendly and warm, you feel immediately welcome and don't want to leave anymore.

We stayed in other places that were ok, too but honestly we recommend this place! The house is cristal clean and filled with light, there is love for the house, the nature, the detail, everything very nicely decorated. I think these guy don't do this just for money bit for the joy to be a host. The garden is admirable, you can sit down and enjoy. We went jogging late and it was a perfect, lovely run with a priceless landscape. There are nice cities around the place where you can have lunch and dinner. The breakfast in the B&B not to forget: freshly made fruit salad, fresh croissants. Thank you to make our trip to Tuscany to be a fantastic one. See you again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank SwitzerlandSimi
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2012

i was lucky enough to stay here in may 2009 for italian motogp. amazing property, the views brought tears to my eyes that no where could be so beautiful, surrounded by mountain and clouds. the room was immaculate and hosts extremely welcoming. we had dinner one night and real local italian food, lovely. would love to stay again if ever in area and highly recommend. Bellisimo.

Room Tip: any room is a good room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple