We spent a week here on a walking holiday. The hotel is in the heart of the village and close to all amenities including an excellent gelateria. The village is very friendly and, considering its size, surprisingly vibrant. Ercole is a very genial host and makes you feel really welcome, his wife Roberta, cooks the most amazing food and there is plenty of it! Roberta uses a lot of fruit and veg from their own garden which Ercole tends with infinite care. Each course was carefully explained and Ercole was very adept at choosing an appropriate wine to accompany it. We ate breakfast and the evening meal on the lovely terrace surrounded by Ercole's well tended borders and climbing plants. We had an apartment style room which was fab, very traditional, very clean and well equipped with espresso machine and fridge. The area is wonderful for walking, very scenic and the hotel pool was a welcome treat on return from the walks. We also took the train to Florence one day, which was cheap and efficient. It all made for a very memorable and magical holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Locanda Senio: where stay is fine In this medieval town, Ercole and Roberta created a jewel of Tuscany hospitality: Locanda Senio. An hotel of a refined and searched style, itimate with perfume of peace, mirth and carefree in each season: in front of a lighted fireplace, toastig chestnuts and sip a good red wine, oder at the edges of the swimming pool with hot water immerse in the garden with rare herbs. The bedrooms 6 peaceful and beautiful rooms and 2 suites, these with fireplace, are all furnished with some local antiquarian pieces and each corner passes on owners’ care and attention. Family furnish and old mobiles repropose guests all the memory and the sentiments of the old time without forgetting modern conforts. All the rooms has a indipendent bathroom , lot of fresh and good air. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Albergo Diffuso - Locanda Senio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda Senio Palazzuolo Sul
- Albergo Diffuso - Locanda Senio Palazzuolo Sul Senio, Italy - Tuscany