“Lovely”

Villa la Borghetta Spa Resort
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Cannot recommend this hotel enough. We booked this hotel the day before we arrived for a great price for this beautiful looking 4* hotel in Tuscany. It is half an hour from Florence and on the way to Rome or to Tuscany if your exploring the region and heading south to the likes of Montalcino.

We went out of our way to visit this hotel and are so pleased we did from the grand sweeping drive way to the beautiful building, infinity pool, gorgeous views and rooms. Everything was just as we hoped. It is perfect for a romantic break and feels truly special to stay there.

There is parking outside the hotel, a grand reception area with friendly staff, lifts up to large beautifully decorated rooms and ours had a great view if the miles of open area in the region. The restaurant is great value for money with a large wine menu (as expected in Tuscany) and delicious food , we had beef carpaccio and tuna tartar to start - both delicious - followed by a chicken dish and steak. We were both very happy with our food and the tranquile atmosphere made it a truly romantic and gorgeous experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this resort in tuscany for a week and we really enjoyed our stay!!
the property is gorgeous with unique view on the countryside from the pool.
Nice bedrooms and good restaurant. It has been renoveted just from few years and it is perfect.
From here you can discover all nice towns in chianti region as greve in chianti, radda and castellina.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jude8888
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I actually am there right now. However, we are staying not in the hotel, but in one of the villas belonging to Villa La Borghetta - Villa Cascia.
I have to say that Villa la Borghetta is placed on the top of a hill in such spectacular surroundings that they leave you simply breathless. We have also stayed there for dinner and the food and service were just fantastic.
Villa Cascia (where we have been staying for 3 weeks) is located in a nearby village Regello, in a quiet place In The middle of the vines and olive trees. It is one of the most fabulous places one can imagine. Surrounded by the most beautiful landscapes in the world, filled with crystal air , the nature offers you the best possible. The place is very quiet. But abundance of birds would not leave you in silence. From sparrows to nightingales sing for you to enjoy. . The house is simple, but very comfortable and spacious. A good sized swimming pool ( the guy would come weekly to clean it), all necessary appliances make living in Villa Cascia easy and relaxed. The villa is served by the stuff of Villa La Borghetta, so whenever I would need anything, I would just send an email (I am renting a wifi for as little as 20 euro per week) an they would be alerted immediately. It's been pretty chilly outside, so the guys turned on the heating specially for us. I asked for some maintenance - the handy an would come in 2 hours to fix evetything. Clean linens and towels would come weekly. I am absolutely happy with our stay. The living room might be a little sad, but we lit the impressive fireplace and it becomes very cozy. Just the hairdryer and electric Kettle were missing, but I purchased both hair dryer and the kettle and an umbrella and I am leaving them in the house for all guests to use and feel comfy.
Villa is located in isolation, so you would need a car with GPS . There is a small Suoermercado in Regello (5 minutes drive) and a huge Coop food market in Figline Valdarno, about 15 minutes drive. There is also a proper Pharmacy there. Very easy drive to big shopping outlet malls and Florence. Incredible Siena is about an hour away. I LOVE this place and the stuff! I WILL come back as soon as I can!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank barrenstar
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last autumn in November. The Villa is no more than ½ hour away from Florence.
The location is simply outstanding: large rooms, great showers and best of all great views of the rolling Tuscan hills.We ate in the hotel, their cuisine is stunning, the chef is obviously passionate about his kitchen and the outcome is wonderful, delicious food
It rained for our entire stay so we were unable to really appreciate the view or the grounds but we look forward to going back to Tuscany and use it as a place to visit the surrounding!!

Room Tip: Junior suite with terrace
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoryR68
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We arrived after a long, tiering day of traveling  to be greeted by the rudest man I've ever come across on reception, no hello or welcome not even a smile. He asked for our reservation and said "passports" as I looked in my bag he clicked his fingers at me and said "you to"   this was my 6th trip to Tuscany and I've never been spoken to in this manner on previous trips anywhere else. He then showed us to our room, never asked if we needed assistants with our bags or give any info on the hotel. You need to book in to the restaurant (info that we should have been told) if you don't you'll be given a table in a dark corner.  I asked if the manager was available, he told me he wasn't and that he could help me. The hotel has amazing views and the waiters in the restaurant are very friendly and welcoming. However the food is over priced and below average. We would never recommend or return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Claire0727
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Travelled with spouse and 2 kids aged 7,5 and 6. Stayed in the family room which was very spacious for Europoean standards. Hotel was well located for those wanting to stay out in the countryside. Hotel staff were very helpful prior to and during our stay there. Restaurant meals were good.
The hotel is 20 minutes away from the center of Florence. It can be costly as you will need to take a taxi each time you want to visit Florence, but, it is worth the addtional cost for the peaceful and luxurious accomodation you get in return.

The Spa was very disappointing. There was no spa ambience whatsoever. The therapist was very unprofessional. Moreover, even though I was not Italian speaking, the therapist could only speak Italian. This was extremely frustrating as she could not even understand me when I requested that she adds more pressure while massaging. The massage was not even a massage, felt like the lady was rubbing massage on my body.

Overall (besides for the Spa), the hotel was a perfect destination for us.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ruppra
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The atmosphere in villa la borghetta was wonderful and very relaxing.
The pool is beautiful and great to come back to after exploring the
surrounding area in the heat of the day. The staff was nice and very
helpful. You do need a car as the hotel is fairly isolate.
The rooms were lovely and clean, the bathroom was huge and had a rain
shower. The grounds were lovely and well kept

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel Villa La Palagina
Hotel Villa La Palagina
#3 of 6 in Figline e Incisa Valdarno
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica ...
#1 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Hotel del Lago
Hotel del Lago
#1 of 2 in Cavriglia
Hotel Tenuta il Burchio
Hotel Tenuta il Burchio
#4 of 6 in Figline e Incisa Valdarno

Been to Villa la Borghetta Spa Resort? Share your experiences!