“Good hotel but a bit impersonal”
Review of Villa la Borghetta

Villa la Borghetta
Brugge, Belgium
“Good hotel but a bit impersonal”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed in Villa La Borghetta in August 2011 for one week.
Overall we were quite satisfied. The hotel overlooks the beautiful Tuscan countryside.
The room was fine and so was the swimming pool.
The only downside was the rather impersonal service. Nobody of the staff seems to realize (apart from the chambermaids) that they could also show some genuine interest in their guests.
It is also surprising that you are charged € 5 'covering/coperta' for every dinner despite having booked half board.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank halBrugge_Belgium

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The overall Hotel experience in Chianti was the best during our 12
days in Italy. The staff were very helpful, polite and professional.
Our dinner at the restaurant was voted #1 by all four of us traveling
together which included Rome, Florence and Siena. Our room was a great
size (deluxe double) and the amenities were more than sufficient. The
location was close to everything yet quiet for an enjoyable breakfast
outside.
The views from the hotel are breath taking  The views were spectacular
from the Terrace Bar.
We fount the hotel reasonsbly priced and quite comfortable. I loved
the pool on the roof for afternoon ralaxation
 The signs in the town for the hotel location made it much easier for
us to find.

• Stayed July 2011
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 4, 2010

very good food at the hotel's restaurant and also the service there. a nice and clean room. but...the service at the reception was cold and very poor in details for example: we had not been informed that we had to reserve a table at the hotel's restaurant so we found ourselves in a dark corner and not in the main nice room of the restaurant.
the general attitude was very distant .in addition we found out that we had to pay extra money for our dinner because there are some courses that you have to pay more money if you order them. we want to mention that we took a halfboard package and thought that all(beside drinks) was included no one explain that to us ,and it is hard to understand it from the menu.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ron013
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Villa stands in a very secluded location, the restaurant is open only in the evening, bar none, there are no nearby restaurants or stores do this Villa nothing except sunbathing on an empty stomach if the weather allows.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed November 15, 2009

OK, first off - I am well late in writing this review. I stayed here in September 2008 in the run up to my wedding.

I simply cannot believe how a bunch of so-called 'reviewers' who clearly had not done any research can slate this establishment in any way? It's not a 'high-rise' city type hotel; it's a fantastic remote hotel overlooking the Tuscan countryside that encapsulates everything 'Italian'. If you're looking for New York style hospitality - then go to New York. Think about where you're going before you get there. The previous reviewers remind me of those that go to a Chinese restaurant and then complain because there's no Lasagne on the menu! Don't be mislead by these guys.

If you want somewhere quiet, romantic, picturesque and idyllic, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and with a very friendly, professional and dedicated staff who absolutely go out of their way to help you, if you want to taste authentic Italian food exquisitely prepared with the freshest, finest ingredients - then this is without a doubt the place to stay.

In the run up to our wedding, we travelled to Italy several times on scouting missions. We had the help of a professional who took us to many pre-chosen venues from all over Florence (about 16 different places) to Amalfi and Praiano. I think it is testament enough that we ended up choosing Villa La Borghetta for our wedding venue.

There are plenty of amenities and places of interest to visit within 15-20 minutes, there are excellent transport links and the staff at the villa will happily advise and organise trips for you if you wish.

Our main host in the villa was Cecilia and I simply cannot praise her enough. The most professional person I have ever dealt with in any villa/hotel. You simply do not get this kind of personal service anywhere else. She was always available to answer any queries or concerns we had, always so helpful and it really became apparent after meeting her that we were in very safe hands to ensure our day went so smoothly. I'd go back to the villa just to thank her again. Her command of English is excellent and all of our guests were very complimentary of her.

The breakfast caters for all - whether you prefer cereal, a selection of fruits, yoghurts, cheeses, cold meats, pastries, eggs, whatever. You can't beat the stunning views to wake up to as you sip your Italian coffee either. The dinner menu is expansive and again, there's a great choice. I'm used to eating in Michelin Starred restaurants and drinking fine wines and I was not disappointed in any way. Anyone who says the food is bad here, clearly doesn't understand what good food is.

I could go on and on writing this review, but it would turn into a small bible if I did. I will always remember our stay there, I will certainly go back in the next few years and I hope that Cecilia is still there to welcome us - as we would consider her more than just our host.

Feel free to email me with any queries or comments, I would highly endorse this villa, Cecilia and all the staff.

Stephen.

• Stayed September 2008
3 Thank Well_Travelled_Dubs
dublin
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We arrived here with high expectations, at check in we came in with our happy faces to be met by a guy who let us know by his attitude that we were just another problem.He showed us the room, then no offer of help with bags, charmless staff all round.Pool is tiny and therefore was warmed up uncomfortably by the sun.The jacuzzi resembles a small park pond with a ring of chairs surrounding it for spectators.Hotel is a bit far from the heart of Chianti where you really want to be.Not nice.Never again.Boring problem with air con which was not resolved, I was told that since he didn't need his on in his house why should I need mine,breakfast was basic.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank 5715gracec
Oslo
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Our first visit to Villa La Borghetta was in September 2007 and we loved the place immediately. When we (my husband and I) left that time we said "We will come back" - and we did. We have just returned from a four day stay and it was great!

If you plan to visit the villa you should know that this is a place to relax. When you arrive at the first thing to notice is that it is very quit - no traffic noise. Bring a good book and relax by the pool or jaccuzi (which by the way is free of charge). We did not have any trouble to get a sunbed.

One of my favourite things about the villa is that it is so beautiful (both inside and outside). The views are amazing! We have only tried the junior suites (room 101 and 105) with private terrace outside. I think both rooms were great. The bathroom in both rooms have a nice jacuzzi and both rooms are spacious. I also like the interior in the rooms, and it was cleaned every day.

About the restaurant: The breakfast is very simple with bread/cakes, ham, cheese, jam, some fruit and serials. There is a very nice (elderly) waiter who works in the restaurant during breakfast and lunch (only?), and he asked us every morning if we wanted coffe. We only had one day with lunch from the lunch menu, and I am sorry to say it was a big disappointment. We ordered "Stuffed sandwich" with ham and mozzarella, and it was a dissaster. (The problem was that the bread must have been cut many hours before it was served, so it almost fell apart when we tried to eat it). But when it comes to dinner we were very pleased! (And we had dinner in the villa four times). It is not a gourmet restaurant, but quit good! I will especially recommend the risotto! We had a reservation for a special table in the restaurant every night, with the most beautiful views.

If you are planning a relaxing and romantic vacation I would definitely recommend Villa La Borghetta.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Figline e Incisa Valdarno
Hotel Villa Casagrande
Hotel Villa Casagrande
#2 of 6 in Figline e Incisa Valdarno
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Hotel Villa La Palagina
Hotel Villa La Palagina
#3 of 6 in Figline e Incisa Valdarno
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica ...
#1 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort &...
#2 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa

Been to Villa la Borghetta? Share your experiences!