Our stay here was a complete NIGHTMARE. On arrival we were told that the spa was booked out for the entire weekend (we chose this hotel for the spa) when we expressed our disappointment the receptionist was in no way helpful. The room we were given was ridiculously small with barely enough room to step around the double bed. Given its tiny size there was no space for any other furniture in the room (no where to put anything!!) and a small seat was awkwardly positioned between the bed and the wall-blocking the space on one side of the bed. The bathroom was even worse and not very clean! After seeing the floor plan and the obvious size difference of the same standard rooms on the same floor we complained and asked to be moved considering the prior disappointment of the spa. After much wasted time the receptionist eventually agreed to change our room (if we hadn’t insisted he had no intention of being helpful) we were then moved to an apartment which was freezing cold. Presuming that the heating would come on later in the evening we went for dinner...returned to find the inside of the apartment colder than outside! We asked the receptionist if there was a problem with the heating and we were told that by law they could not put the heating on until the 1st of November (it was the 1st of Nov!!) obviously we couldn't sleep as it was FREEZING, we might aswell have slept outside under a bridge! I went to the reception AGAIN at 7am to complain (obviously the reception area was lovely and warm and the heating was on there!) The lady gave me the same excuse about some law of the 1st of Nov (at this stage it was Nov 2nd) Again she was not helpful and told me it was too early and to come back. We complained AGAIN at 9am and the receptionists were in no way helpful to begin with, they eventually offered to change our room. Weary to stay a second night I asked reassurance that the heating would actually work-I was told that it would come on later that evening at around 9pm. I stupidly trusted them and surprise surprise no heating came on and I spent my second night in a freezing room. We weren’t even offered breakfast to excuse the unacceptable service. On our departure a different gentleman dealt with us at reception who was very helpful and understanding when we expressed our disappointment of the entire experience. He was honest with us (after being mislead by four individual receptionists) and told us that the entire hotel experienced technical problems and the heating system was down and they were waiting to have it fixed!!! He was willing to give us a discount (seen as the problem was theirs and we weren’t given the service that we paid for!!) and one of the female receptionists from the day before stopped him and we had to pay the full price to stay in a freezing room due to the hotel having "technical problems". Our stay consisted of being moved around different rooms, receiving zero customer service from the reception staff (excluding the young guy on the morning we left) and (not) sleeping in an ice cold room! DISASTER! Worst customer service I have ever witnessed!!! Such a pity because the actual structure is magnificent but it is poorly kept and destroyed by the reception staff and lack of customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Casagrande is an elegant, superior category hotel, located in the old town centre of Figline Valdarno, a little town strategically located in a central position between the cities of Florence, Arezzo and Siena. It is a large, distinctive building with a spacious, austere enclosure in pure Tuscan style. Ideal both for business trips and for tourism, the Staff of Villa Casagrande will welcome you with their willingness to satisfy your every need and, by giving you specific advice, they will help you discover the beauty and the flavours of our "Tuscan Land". Free parking and free WIFI. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Villa Casagrande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Casagrande Hotel Figline Valdarno
- Casagrande Hotel Figline Valdarno
- Hotel Villa Casagrande Italy/Tuscany