“Maltese speciality”

Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Excellent value, and very good food. Although I do not eat rabbit, I was served with a really delicious fresh fish, accompanied with cooked veg. Absolutely divine. My advise is to dine early, possibly before 8.30, to avoid the busy hours. After nine, the place gets so busy that you will hardly hear yourself talking. Book in advance.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We returned to charlies earlier this month for our favourite Maltese speciality ....rabbit.
Charlies rabbit meal is excellent value and to enjoy it to the full you need to be hungry!
Early over indulgence on the snails and nibbles will lead to you filling up whilst eating the fantastic spaghetti, leaving little room to fully enjoy the wonderful rabbit.
Other meats coming from the kitchen looked to be well presented, but we have never got past the rabbit choice!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good food. Great price. Don't mess around with menu. Snails, rabbit spaghetti, rabbit and chips. Nice glass of wine.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

After all the good comments I heard about Charlie's Inn going for lunch was a must.
I was not let down. The food was fantastic, creative combinations of flavours on the a la carte menu as well as perfectly executed traditional dishes.
The service was very pleasant, and not overly friendly as that does tend to annoy me usually.
The prices were very reasonable considering the amount of too we had. We we were a table of 15 adults some of which are fussy nonetheless all of us were satisfied.

I will definitely be going again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I visited Charlie's Inn many times and each time I walk away full and happy.

To debunk some of the criticism left by other commentators, I find the portions being just right. I always take a starter and a main course and sometimes even a wonderful dessert.

Charlie's Inn is also well priced. People tend to forget that it is not just a rabbit house, but much much more. I dare to call it a fine dining experience in an authentic setting. Last time we went in a group of three. All of us had a three-course meal with a bottle of wine and the bill came to just a bit over a 100 Euro. That adds up to a bit over 30 Euro per person, which I believe is a great deal!

Most importantly, what people forget to mention is that all food is delicious, fresh and local. The presentation is immaculate and up to par with Micheline restaurants in other EU countries. I make it a point to visit Charlie's Inn every time I come to Malta.

Pavel