“Absolutely Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Charlie's Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Salina
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Absolutely Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

After all the good comments I heard about Charlie's Inn going for lunch was a must.
I was not let down. The food was fantastic, creative combinations of flavours on the a la carte menu as well as perfectly executed traditional dishes.
The service was very pleasant, and not overly friendly as that does tend to annoy me usually.
The prices were very reasonable considering the amount of too we had. We we were a table of 15 adults some of which are fussy nonetheless all of us were satisfied.

I will definitely be going again.

• Visited July 2013

Brussels, Belgium
“Best Maltese cuisine with a fine dining twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I visited Charlie's Inn many times and each time I walk away full and happy.

To debunk some of the criticism left by other commentators, I find the portions being just right. I always take a starter and a main course and sometimes even a wonderful dessert.

Charlie's Inn is also well priced. People tend to forget that it is not just a rabbit house, but much much more. I dare to call it a fine dining experience in an authentic setting. Last time we went in a group of three. All of us had a three-course meal with a bottle of wine and the bill came to just a bit over a 100 Euro. That adds up to a bit over 30 Euro per person, which I believe is a great deal!

Most importantly, what people forget to mention is that all food is delicious, fresh and local. The presentation is immaculate and up to par with Micheline restaurants in other EU countries. I make it a point to visit Charlie's Inn every time I come to Malta.

Pavel

Il Gzira, Malta
“A must if you're in Malta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Been to Charlie's Inn many time, never a disappointment.... Always threated exceptionally well by the owner and his family and food was always top notch!

A must when dining at Charlie's Inn - the snails and 'aglioli'/bigilla antipasto, the home made ravioli (to die for!) and most of all the Rabbit as a main course! This is one of the landmarks when having foreign reps in Malta and everyone simple loves it!

Oh i almost forget - they also server the BEST [homemade] Cassata Siciliana I ever tasted!

10/10 :)

malta
“Best Rabbit on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I visit Charlie's Rabbit house quite often, and have grown very much accustomed to their hospitality and warmth, whatever the season. The restaurant has been run by the same family since I can remember and the only thing that tops their cordiality and good service is the food. I seriously cannot say that anyone can cook rabbit like they do at Charlie's Inn.

Further to it becoming a renowned rabbit house across Malta, a taste of gastro and fine dining is being introduced by one of the cooks. I believe that this is only the beginning (or for lack of a better word; continuation) of a legacy that started with a humble rabbit house which is now also venturing into new territory, a venture which will surely pay-off. My last visit was in June and we are already organizing the next get together for July

In the end, If you are looking for some good rabbit, great atmosphere and a taste of the unexpected, I would recommend Charlie's Rabbit House wholeheartedly.

Sliema, Malta
“A little oasis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We went with a group of friends at their recommendation. We were not disappointed. It was a warm evening and the outside dining area was just beautiful. The service was first class. We were advised not to order a starter as the main courses were enormous. My wife had salmon and I had the biggest, best steak I have ever experienced. There were more than enough fresh vegetables and even more was offered. I would thoroughly recommend a visit despite the fact that there have been a few adverse reports on TripAdvisor.