Romantic Hotel Mlyn Karlstejn
Maxim Hotel(Beroun)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel O.K. 1(Beroun)
All reviewsthe riverkarlstejn castlemy friendpancakessummer terracenice roomcooking eggsquiet placeweddingnaturerestauranttrainanimalswaitersgoatsconnectionhistory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great location by the river Really awesome place with profesional approaching staff on highest level. Rooms are very comfortable and with amazing river view. Restaurant is just perfect and food is deliciour

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank dddenis2
Reviewed February 4, 2013

In December my girlfriend and I went for 6 weeks holidays to celebrate our 2 years relationship anniversary spending 2 weeks in Thailand and 4 in Europe. We went to Prague earlier in 2012 but I had the feeling we needed to explore Czech Republic a bit more, so we went back and one of my targets was to see the famous Karltejn Castle. So, to make things more exciting, we book to spend Christmas eve in the Romantic Hotel Mlyn which is near the train stop and looked fabulous on the website with a river just by the hotel. We were expecting some snow so the place seemed just perfect.
And, even without the snow, we were right. The Hotel is beautiful, very charming and welcoming. When you first arrive you cannot miss the donkeys and goats welcoming you as you enter the property. They have this huge space for them just next to the road that gives access to the hotel and makes you feel as arriving in your own country house.
Food was very pleasant and rooms very comfortable. The river next to it makes enough noise to make you sleep just as the rain would.
They suggested a great restaurant about 10 minutes from the Hotel next to the bridge for a traditional Czech Christmas Eve meal which it was delicious.
The restaurant has also a little disco that kept us hanging out until late.
Next morning I had the chance to help to feed the animals, which it was a great experience.
In spite of being there for just two days, it was very rewarding and I hope to go back one day.

Room Tip: Facing the river gives you the chance of a very fresh air when you wake up. Love it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I visited this hotel during Christmas with my girlfriend and I must say that I was impressed! It has an amazing and very romantic atmosphere, ideal for couples. The view from our room (which was by the way also very nice) and generally from the whole hotel was breathtaking – there is a river passing practically through the hotel’s garden and then there is also a famous castle nearby. We were also very happy with the restaurant, the food was excellent and so was the service. We will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view on the river - you can fall asleep while listening to the river flowing!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I must say this hotel is very nice and romantic! Employers are very kind and they have superb service. Food is excelent and every visit of this place is something new for me. Windows overlook to the river and there is so beautiful nature..
I love staying here :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Another great stay at hotel Mlyn. Nice and helpful staff, great breakfast, delicious dinner, superb atmosphere...will come back.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple