“Amazing”
Review of 45 North

45 North
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the lobby of the Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel, 45 North is the resort's newest restaurant and features some of the finest fare at the resort. Dishes focus on modern Maine food and locally-sourced, chef inspired specials. Breakfast and dinner served daily, reservations accepted.
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Wonderful food, and perfect atmosphere for an on mountain restaurant. Great decor, and menu. Food and service were both terrific.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Came on a Saturday in ski season with a group of seven. We enjoyed a drink and appetizers at the bar while waiting for a table (a reservation would have solved the wait). The appetizers were great and not overpriced - cauliflower unique and memorable, homemade chips also. Menu has changed - lobster over salad is a winner. Bistro steak, fish special were all worth the price. We will be back.

1  Thank Maineiaciass
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I recently went to Sugarloaf because we had a long weekend, and decided to try the restaurant in the hotel, 45 North. Overall, our experience was pleasant. The one thing I would say is that when we went to make a reservation, we were told that they didn't have anything until after 830. Since it was a holiday weekend, I wasn't surprised, but when we got there, the place was nearly empty. Outside of that, we had a very good dinner. The beer selection was a little less than what was available other places, but the wine selection was pretty wide. We were seated immediately, and our waiter Tucker was EXCELLENT. He was attentive, kind, funny and knowledgeable about all the food and drinks available. It was a little warm in the dining room, but that's a pitfall of having a fireplace in the restaurant.
I am a carnivore, I eat red meat whenever I can have it, and I have to say the hanger steak was one of the best I have ever had. I usually order my steak "as rare as you can get it" and I was elated to see that they really just passed it by the fire and put it on my plate. I could have done without the pesto dressing they put over it, but such is life when you go to a fancy place like that.
Overall, it was a nice place, we had a good time, good food, and we would go back, but if you're on a budget, I would go to the Brewhaus at the Sugarloaf Inn, instead.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

45 North was probably the nicest restaurant that we hit during our week at Sugarloaf (went between Christmas and New Years.) Its located in the Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel. Its not very big (the hotel is pretty much condos with kitchens so not a lot of restaurant capacity) and is nicely appointed in a ski/mountain type decor. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Menu was limited but pricey! Food was just OK - and at that price frankly expected more. Would not go back - there were better options in the area (Hugs and Tufulios were our favorites).

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

The breakfast buffet here is quite nice. Not a whole lot of choices, but what they did offer was hot and fresh for the most part. The omelette was station was probably the best part. My only complaint is that more fresh fruit would of been nice.