All reviews rice fields busy life fell in love per head cold spring colorful umbrellas touch with nature highly recommend this place place to stay swimming pool enjoyed our stay sized bed credit card basic toiletries kamay ni nice view pancit habhab
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

A restaurant and resort that offers good food and a relaxing ambiance. It just feels good to eat seeing nature around. Their best seller, “Kalderetang Kalabaw” is really delectable and reasonably priced. This place is a must try when in Lucban.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2018

Good Points
1. Room (Kaliwili 4).
We booked only thru their FB Page which was easy enough for us, and as said in their page, they only accept cash transactions. Our room was ready when we got there, AC and TV was already on. I like it because in most of hotels we booked in Quezon, we have to wait for few minutes for the housekeeping to prep the room. My advice is to chat or text them on your ETA, so that they can prep the room ahead of time. The room was simple but really, really nice and it also gave us a nice view of the rice field at the back of the resort, and it has a small balcony. CR is quite large and clean and complete with basic toiletries. No bathtub though.

2. Food.
On dinner, we had buffalo wings and shanghai rice which was tasty and have a nice plating. On our breakfast we had cornsilog and bangsilog. I found it funny when they have American and Filipino Style, but it’s just actually a silog meal with fruits as dessert. But it also tasted good. Cooked food from outside is unfortunately isn’t allowed, but they didn’t inspect our bags to when we checked-in, if I know that, I wish I smuggle some burger. Ha-ha. Just saying.

3. Surroundings.
The resort overall gives you a relaxing atmosphere. I even picked some ideas when I going to build my own house. For those who’re looking for pre-nup or pre-debut pictorial set, this can be a good option, though some might find this spot limited. Unfortunately, they were just setting up some Christmas decor (even Halloween is still on its way) when we checked out and the hanging umbrellas was not there. Possibly because of recent typhoons. Those may be up there again in summer.

4. Staff
Aside from the room and food, one I always observe in a hotel or resort is their staff. Good thing that Samkara has good staff, and I really hope that they are well paid for their services.
Observations for improvement
1. Room.
The cable reception was interrupted or at least until late night when the signal became decent. There are 2 complimentary bottled water and tea, but they didn’t include creamer, sugar, optional like coffee and even a water heater. You’ll have to ask for it to the front desk. No room telephone, so if you have a lot of demands or requests, expect yourself to be walking back and forth. And ohh, they don’t have wifi, and data signal there sucks.

2. Food.
Too bad, food here is quite expensive. To give you an idea, 1 cup of rice was Php. 30.00 and shanghai rice, which is basically 2 cup of fried rice garnished with cucumber was Php. 120.00. Lucky for us, we weren’t that hungry that night, so we ordered just a little and it tasted good. Most of the food servings are good for 2-3 persons, except in breakfast meals. So if you’re a weak eater, find yourself some company to avoid excess food. Besides, food tastes better if you have someone to share it with. But if you’re some rich person, of course you wouldn’t mind this as long as it tastes good.

3. Pool.
They only have one average sized pool with section for kids and adult. That’s it. One might not enjoy this during peak season caused everyone will be sharing this pool.

4. Quite expensive
As I said earlier food is quite expensive, and that goes for room rates too. I have been in many hotels and resorts within and outside of my home province (Quezon), and I can say SAMKARA is one of the resorts with overpriced room rates. I can understand their price for food, I mean almost every hotel does that. But Kaliwili 4 is a really nice room, but for Php 4,000.00 with no special inclusions or room features, it’s not “sulit”. For me, it should only cost around Php. 2,300.00-Php. 2,500.00. Php. 2,800.00 might be acceptable if they include things we didn’t get. I have been in hotels with hot spring swimming pool, bathtub, separate shower room, buffet breakfast with choices of American, Filipino (the true ones) and Chinese style, complimentary coffee, tea, , creamer, sugar and bottled water, slippers, and a WiFi which cost around Php, 2,800.00 to Php. 3,500.00 only. Well, this can be attributed to absence of competition in the area. That is probably why they milking that opportunity.

They also have a pasalubong store with some interesting delicacies there, but I didn’t bother asking for the price, given with their charges for food and room, I can already imagine.

To summarize everything - nice room, good food, great surroundings at a pricey rates.
7/10.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. During our first day, we were delighted that one of the 2 rooms we booked was ready for early check in.. The staff were all friendly and willing to assist, we got the resort to ourselves for 2 nights.. Food was good and serving is already good for two to three persons.. We stayed in Kalawili Room 4 and it was clean with basic toiletries included..Samkara is around 15 to 20 minutes away from Kamay ni Hesus..
Pets are allowed at no extra charge..

So here are some areas for improvement:
- Teapot still contained left over tea by the previous guest.
- Clay Jar beside the TV still have some trash inside it.
- I booked through Agoda and provided my credit card, learned that I will pay at the property (No notice that it will be CASH PAYMENT). I thought my card details will be used for pre-authorization. Kaila called me to confirm my booking days before without telling me that they only accept CASH.
About to settle the consumed meals, thats when Kaila told me about the CASH ONLY payment including the accommodations, good thing we brought in more than enough cash to suffice for the whole trip.

So let this review be a warning: CASH PAYMENT ONLY

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2018

Food was delicious. Ambiance was totally relaxing. The resort is also clean. day tour is only 400 pesos per head inclusions of lunch, snack and use of swimming pool. 8:00am to 5:00 pm. it is really a good place to escape the busy life in the city. you may feel the cool breeze from the rice field and cold water flowing around the resort.
no credit card. limited parking space. places to see nearby: kamay ni hesus, and kamayan sa palaisdaan (famous restaurant), lucban city proper (for pasalubong), liliw laguna.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Service was outstanding. The rooms were nice. Food was good. Amenities were also nice. Overall a good stay. It was close to a very famous religious monument and not too far from the town. It was a quiet place.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple