“HORRIBLE! NO A/C-NO SERVICE-NO LItes-POOLCODEVIOLATIONS”
Review of Hotel Consuelo

Hotel Consuelo
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lingayen
Houston, Texas
“HORRIBLE! NO A/C-NO SERVICE-NO LItes-POOLCODEVIOLATIONS”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have stay in hundreds of hotels thru the years. This Consuelo is the absolute worst ever!. Code violations in the room, the pool which is a danger. Gave us a room with no A/C and no maintence man on duty, no manager, either.
Sleezy.Run and owned by Asians, who may be running another "type of business out of this place".. Sandra, the girl on duty does nothing, left me on hold for 25 minutes until we decided to leave. She still charged our CC. We did not stay one night. BANK OF AMERICA will make it right, no doubt.
You would be nuts to stay here, unless you want something other than the regular hotel amenities, if you get my drift. Not a family, not an anybody with sense place. .....ASIAN........OWNER. Austin has great hotels. this one is a dumpster and needs to be run out of town. Advice is NEVER stay here. Aweful experience.

Room Tip: Don't even think about booking here. Horrible people and service. Nasty place. Dangerous, too. C...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank 307Kat

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 12, 2012

For P2575 a night at Lingayen, Pangasinan, I expected a decent hotel stay. I was greatly disappointed. The room (which I was told was the Executive Room) was dark, with no window, the water from the shower smelled, the bed and pillows were hard, sheets were ugly and smelled unpleasant. The door key was not the card type so I was concerned about safety. Wifi was only at the lobby, which was hot and humid, and too slow. Bakery and cafeteria at the ground floor were super hot and humid and dirty. Extra beds were stored in a dark and dirty room beside our room. The hotel was terribly unsanitary. This was a terrible hotel stay. We didn't enjoy one moment of it.

Room Tip: If you have a choice, run away from this hotel. Better yet, skip Pangasinan from your travel IT.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
13 Thank EllaOco
rizal philippines
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nice location. It's not scary at all. Tricycle or jeep passes by the hotel.It's near the beach (can walk to the beach or ride a tricycle), room rate is affordable, room is spacious, nice bathroom with hot and cold water, cabinet, dresser, bedside table, TV and ref. You can request for hot water.
However the room is in the 4th floor so it's tiring to go up the stairs as there is no elevator, no remote control for TV, the ref has some stains and it functions as a freezer. The water and fruits we put there were frozen. There is hotel fastfood but it's a bit pricey. There's no daily cleaning and change of mattress. They changed the mattress of the bed coz we ask for it. We didnt try the pool coz it's not so clean and there are many people as they allow non-hotel guests to use the pool.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ireneasz
pasay, philippines
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I was on a business trip to Lingayen for the first time and decided that my wife accompany me on this trip. I have no idea what's it gonna be in Lingayen so I chose this hotel which is near the government offices for security. We got a suite room (Cleo) on the Grand Pavilion Building and to our surprise, it appears that we are the only one booked in this building. The hotel have another building (Resort Building) located in front and I guess this is where the ordinary rooms are situated and there are other guests in the Resort Building unlike in the Grand Pavilion. The hotel seems to have more guests enjoying the swimming pool and the restaurants than checking-in.
Needless to say, we enjoyed our overnight stay. The hotel is complete with standard amenities for an overnight stay and the staff are hospitable and very accommodating to our needs.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank rickyrose
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I + 4 kids (we are all Filipinos now US citizens) went to the Philippines to visit relatives and friends. A relative who had attended numerous meetings in this hotel recommended it. THIS IS A HOTEL BETWEEN MOTEL 6 AND MOTEL 8. If you're by yourself I guess you'll be OK but do not bring your family. You will get what you pay for. I'm just thankful nothing really bad happened. This hotel is not a famliy friendly hotel.
Even our driver (from Manila) didn't like the atmosphere.

While we were there, one of the guest' car was burglarized. Someone deflated our tires. My son lost his baseball hat while he was getting food in the restaurant, dirty toilets, dirty linens, etc. They still use hard keys for the rooms (not cardkey) which are easy to duplicate. I had to use our door "club" to ensure door security.

The rate is pretty cheap but I WILL NOT STAY here again........even if they'll give it to me for free.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
13 Thank SF_Giants_Champion
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 18, 2011

First of All, Thanks to the Nice Manager Ms. Grace Arenas, Owner Mrs. Consuelo Trinidad, and all the staffs of these Hotel for the very nice services and accommodation given to us. Honestly, we afraid to enter for the first time because of some comments reading with this column, but last and finally ...we are very satisfied for staying them..Forget all the worries and Bad comments posting here because although they are not perfect maybe in some kind but promise you will leave them with a warm smile..

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Christianity
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 16, 2011

i held my wedding reception year 2002 over there and i got the best service from the staffs and the hospitality was beyong believe. Ever since then i come back every year and it brings back many happy memorie abouit this hotel. looking for for my next trip 28 April to 3 My 2011

i really miss this place

Royston Chan

Room Tip: get the room with the jukuzzi u will love it
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roystonchan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lingayen
El Puerto Marina Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 4 in Bolinao
Value Star Inn
Value Star Inn
#4 of 10 in Dagupan

Been to Hotel Consuelo? Share your experiences!