“a nice little resort”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lingayen
manila
“a nice little resort”
Reviewed June 14, 2009

its a nice resort and very easy to book thru internet. the rates and the price for food is reasonable. the service is good but they need to polish their skills a little bit more. the beach is black sand but its very fine and clean. the waves is too strong for me its really tiring to swim in the beach. their are some activity you can do in the resort they have a pool table, fishing area, surfing board which you can rent and they also offer a tour to hundred island but if your in a budget just enjoy swimming and relax . the place is really relaxing and quite. its a nice hideaway for couples.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cloudzy_09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed June 1, 2009

The rooms are smaller than I am used to but for the price, it's what I'd expect. The real gem here is the staff. Super nice and incredibly helpful. It located right by the beach, so I had ran each morning and caught the sunrise. That was really nice. The filipino breakfast of fish, garlic rice and egg was great. Whenever we needed transporation to town or a nearby city (Dagipan) Mylene took care of all the arrangements and we even made appointments at the Spa to relax.
It's far from major cities so if you are looking to party or shop, its not a good fit. If you have kids and like walks on a quiet beach, its just what you want.
There's not a whole lot to do but rest and enjoy the pool. One thing I'd like to note, I was dissappointed that they did not have ATV as they advertise. I ws looking forward to having some fun on that especially since the beach was mostly empty.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank MZMZKZ
MM
Reviewed May 2, 2009

Pool is small but well-maintained. Becomes easily cramped with swimmers. If they can only build a 2nd, larger pool, would be much more fun. Loved the jacuzzi (which is also the kiddie pool). Stayed in a bungalow room; cozy and quiet but no cable tv, no table or closet to put things on/in. We didn't mind it that much though for only a night's stay.

Food is pricey (costs @300/pax per meal) and is of small serving and not great-tasting - you don't look forward to dining there. Amenities not readily available. Can't play pingpong table - still needs to be set up; billiards table is permanently covered as the area where it should be is being occupied by dining tables. All-terrain vehicle not available; karaoke can't be used - we were told there are diners and monitor is being used as tv at the dining area; fish pond ill-maintained, looks mossy, stagnant but no foul smell - just saw a couple of garbage items floating in the pond and are not being picked up.

Expected a lot from the amenities based on pictures from the net, but since we went there mainly to swim in the beach and swimming pool, I'd say we enjoyed the accomodation for a night's stay, nonetheless. The staff's hospitality and genuine desire to please and the room's affordable rate, however, more than made up for the unmet expectations and the pricey food, so that I consider going back there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank SummerMay2009
Coron, Palawan
Reviewed April 13, 2009

El puerto Marina, true to its pool and beach and rooms... love the beach, has long shore line for the kids to enjoy, waves for them to scream and laugh. Beach is naturally clean, the sand so fine, the first time we didn't hear our toddlers cried due to ouchie rocks, rough sand, broken glasses, nor scary sea grasses or jelly fishes.... they enjoyed running around the beach. The pool, the kids enjoyed too the pool, clean and well maintained. But if there's a kiddie pool for toddlers the better, A family owned resort, truly have maintained its cleanliness and the staffs are very accommodating as well, yes they are multi tasked staffs whom ready to assist and attend to your needs. They have extra bathrooms too by the pool, for that immediate rush.... Food, the resort is far away from the town proper for fast food, their food service needs improvement and so are their menu, their honeyed crispy chicken, sizzling bangus belly or grilled and binagoonan pork is good, but for several days stay, i would suggest to eat out at fast food as well for variety...... Bedroom isnot really spaciousl for a pax of 5 adults, but it is clean and comfy. the bathroom it is much smaller than expected and not so clean, Bathroom needs improvement as well, they have to improve in their water system especially when they are expecting full house. Nothing to worry about their security system and your car. Overall, I would recommend the place, just advise the owner your purpose and expectations.... A good place for spending quality time with your family and kids, they have obstacle courses for your family, and friends to play.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Kinks72
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 5, 2009

Five other girl friends and I spent a 4-day stay at the El Puerto Marina resort, located in Lingayen, Pangasinan, in the island of Luzon in the Philippines. The resort is easily accessed by private or public transportation. For me, choosing El Puerto was a gamble. I did the reservation from the USA. I have not heard of this resort ever before but I saw it on the Web, liked what I saw and read and decided to give it a try after I received a prompt reply to my questions. Even my Manila based friends and family have not heard of it. I cannot maintain it as my Best Kept Secret resort! The resort is tiny ( a big plus) than most; it sits on a breezy property overlooking Lingayen Gulf. Minimally and tastefully landscaped and decorated, El Puerto Marina is a gem. The beauty of this is that, it is away from the city and dizziying Metro Manila and Baguio City area, accessible by land transportation, and the cuisine is very similar to Manila's. I would suggest to those who do not own a car, to take Victory Liner from Manila to Lingayen town proper. From the bus depot, find a tricycle and ask to take you to the El Puerto Marina resort. If you ask a local, avoid saying "resort" or they will try to tell you how to get to the Hundred Islands in Alaminos.

The resort offers regular hotel rooms on the beach side of the property. We wanted an authentic Filipino experience so we opted for the nipa huts, connected to the main pavillion by a wooden bridge over the fish pond.

At night, the lights make a romantic reflection on the water. For those who just want to literally shoot the breeze, this place is a winner! The breeze coming from the gulf, brings delight to our weary souls and soles! During our first night and thereafter, we dined on seafood - Lingayen and Dagupan being famous for everything from the sea. During our last dinner at the resort, we made a request for the staff to cook foods not offered on their menu. Not only were we accommodated, they did it with enthusiasm and the desire to please. They gave us the VIP treatment.

There are things that are priceless and this place impressed me quite a bit. For instance, as though by cue, the staff caught on the time our group prefers to have dinner. At that particular time, every evening, the table was set for us even before we head to the dining area. When we arrived one evening, obviously tired from a day tour we did ourselves, the staff hurriedly came out without us requesting it, a tray laden with glasses of iced water. They are also sensitive to what their guests' desire is- I notice that the music is turned down when we have our dinners. There is nothing more putting off than to have to yell at your companions because the music is too loud. Not in El Puerto; the staff just knew what buttons to press to please.

The resort gives its guests Lingayen Gulf with its emerald, clear, warm water. The sand is as fine, as I imagine, like the sugar the locals use to make "tupig" a local delight made of sweet rice and shredded cocunut, wrapped in banana leaf and grilled. On the edge of the resort, I was informed that spa treatment rooms are being built. I used the spa and I got a wonderful massage. The rooms we had were spartan but functional and with plenty of hot water for showers.

We booked a day trip to the famous Hundred Islands. The package included a tour guide, a van to take us to the pier, and the boat ride to the 3-island visit. The tour was great--the islands were a sight to behold from near and afar and being on one of them was a wonderful treat to be able to dip in the warm waters of South China Sea (that is what I was told that body of water was :-). The guide took us to a roadside restaurant where we ate the freshest seafood grilled to perfection and with many sauces that it was easy to forget what each one was for.

From the resort, one can go to Baguio City on a day tour. We opted to take public bus (Victory Liner) to Baguio on the premise that this is one adventure that we have not done in a long time. The trip up was very easy; we went to Mines View Park, long enough to take in the stalls of native handicrafts and dried flowers. The trip back to the resort was an adventure - directions are based on landmarks and for the life of me, I did not know what "PNB" was. I learned fast that we were to get off the bus at the PNB and look for a Jollibee, PNB is Phil National Bank:-) Everyone in the bus was trying to give us directions that would have led us to Alaminos (where Hundred Islands are). Even the conductor was asking passengers how to give us the best direction. It ook a very kind village indeed, and finally, a young man told us to to follow him. He get off at the PNB and from there he motioned to the tricycles, all eager to take us back to the resort.

This is an emerging resort - it is still young and still building. The resort is not pretentious. l recommend it very highly based on their simplicity, desire to please, friendliness. What they do not have in size, they make it up with their lofty desire to make their guests' experience positive. Upon our departure, two members of the staff took us back to the bus station. The older man refused a tip, stating "Madam, this is part of our service to you and the worst thing you would do is to pay me for it." I was won.

The Pangasinenses are kind, hard-working humble people. Pangasinan is in the island of Luzon. From Manila, one can go to Lingayen via Victory Liner bus. Get off the bus station and hail a tricycle. Hope your experience is as great as ours! Do not forget to bring your sunblock and swimsuits and a waterproof camera.

Let us help this resort and Mother Earth by taking nothing but photos, leaving nothing but footprints, and killing nothing but time.

Munam Goodwin
Bethesda, Maryland USA

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
8 Thank Mocha2008
Philippines
Reviewed January 2, 2009

Three year old resort, situated about .5 km from the beach.The multi-tasked staff are well trained and are very accommodating to make your stay pleasant. There are many activities to keep the kids busy like fishing, swimming, jacuzzii, kayaking, board games.et al. Food package reasonably priced but leaves much room for improvement for cooking standards. Rooms are not spacious but clean. We will definitely be back if food quality will improve.A good place to stay to unwind.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank barbecue
makati
Reviewed August 4, 2008

The Resort is just 10-15 minutes away from the town proper-great ambiance, so serene...I've been to the South Pacific and if you're looking for something similar to the resorts there with thatched roofs and wooden furniture,craft, bungalows on stilts and a lot of green i.e trees, plants etc this is the place to go to!
The Resort itself and surroundings are very neat, the rooms clean, amenities complete, linen/beddings fresh and clean.The staff are very friendly and efficient and you never go hungry here...so much food-delicious and at an affordable price too!
With regards to activities, there's more than enough to keep you busy e.g pool and mini slide (with a TIKI head statue like the ones on Easter Island) and an outdoor jacuzzi plus billiards, kayaks, pedal boats, dartboards, surf boards, ATV's (all terrain vehicles). I tried skin boarding after much encouragement from the staff, i had tons of fun! The waves are appropriate for skin boarding and kayaking too- to burn some calories after all the gorging of food. You can also go fishing-not at sea but in a pond, they have a fishing alley next to their pavilion. You can keep the fish you catch and just pay per kilo and for the cooking as well. I strongly recommend their SPA, absolutely heavenly..so heavenly that I dozed off LOL!
Something else i really liked was a second pond with 2 really huge fish more than a meter in length called 'arapaima' i googled it and apparently these type of fish are South American Tropical Freshwater Fish that can grow up to 3 meters length! Amaayzing!!!
This place is a "sight for sore eyes"

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank indiana_jane80
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lingayen
Villa Soledad Beach Resort
#1 of 4 in Dagupan
Aureo La Union
Aureo La Union
#1 of 4 in San Fernando La Union

Been to El Puerto Marina Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!