“Best meal out for a very long time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Satis Cafe - CLOSED

Satis Cafe
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating
Norwich
“Best meal out for a very long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We took my mother to one of the first bistro nights. She is a very very fussy eater. She cannot stand garlic, or herbs, or any fancy stuff. They were more than happy to accommodate and served up a fantastic looking dinner with all the fancy bits removed, and she loved it. We on the other hand prefer all the trimmings and got them. This was easily one of the best meals I have ever had. A good combination of items on the menu, great quality ingredients, and fantastic taste.

So not only have we got a local restaurant that serves up great food, we also have somewhere to take my mother.

The staff and friendly, professional, and attentive.

All in all a perfect night out.

2 Thank Kulture

london
“Don't you just hate it when there's nothing to complain about?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Bistro evening at The Satis cafe. EVERYTHING was just wonderful. The quality of the perfectly cooked food was exceptional, the price was unbelievable and the level of service was beyond reproach. This is a much needed cure for the dreadful food served up else where, you really get what you pay for and in this case you get much much more!

2 Thank Dee C
Dereham, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, pleasant ambiance...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I met a friend here having read the reviews and we were not disappointed. The menu was fine with an interesting and diverse specials menu board. We chose the salmon (it had a pesto crust but was cooked for me without; thank you), green veg and new pots and my friend had the home made burger served with skinny fries and a pot of home made coleslaw. They were both delicious and beautifully presented. The staff serving were efficient, friendly and well informed. We then went for a wander round the garden centre and came back for a pot of tea and then settled the bill. Although we didn't partake (for calorie reasons....) the selection of cakes was quite frankly awesome and the sponges were the deepest and most delicious looking home made cakes I have seen in some time. I would definitely eat here again whether I wished to look for plants of not! Well done and thank you for a very pleasant lunch. If I wanted to make one tiny criticism the ladies loo could do with an upgrade... clean but very dated.

2 Thank ruthndave
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went for lunch here purely on reviews on trip advisor. We were not dissapointed. Ok, its not the cheapest nor the most expensive. Superbly attentive staff , excellent food, low wait times. Dont waste your money at the crazily overpriced twyfords in beccles, come here for some real value.

3 Thank ramble82
Eye, United Kingdom
“Inevitable cost”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We returned after a few months gap to find that further improvements had been made with outdoor seating and a bar. Summer evening meals are promised. Great choices of light bites (which didn't look that light!) and full meals.
My wife had a new spaghetti dish with anchovy, tuna, capers and olives. I was allowed a miniscule taste and it was outstanding. My barbecued ribs were great - you cannot go wrong with pork in Suffolk. I thought I would have a cake instead of a dessert and chose the smallest, a date slice. I like bakers' date slices; this was from a different world - rich and smooth. Also, I was assured that it was totally calorie-free!
Service was friendly and the food came quickly. As Satis House Hotel, there is nothing to fault.
And the inevitable cost? After lunch we walked around the garden centre that sells many specialised plants - we found that we could squeeze a gingko tree into the car to take home. I'm developing a shade area in the garden and had to have it.

• Visited April 2013