“Lovely food and exceptional value”

The Three Horseshoes
Ranked #17 of 63 Restaurants in Beccles
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Built in 1495. This wonderful pub in rural england is on the outskirts of the Suffolk National Park. We have spaces for overnightamping and caravaning. We belong to BRITSTOP & The Caravan Club of Great Britain. We offer the best of local real ales and ciders or just drop in for a tea or coffee. Our resteraunt offers a very extensive menu of pub fod and snacks. We are only a short walk from the River Waveney, 20 minutes from the coast, 5 miles from Beccles.
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Family of 5 with 3 boys (13,10,8yrs). We went forthe Sunday roast beef Other items on the menu; chicken breast, baked cod and butternut squash risotto. The food was great when it arrived. We ordered 4 adults and the chef had already shared them onto 5 plates. Great portions. Beef cooked perfectly...we like medium rare. Lovely starters and puds. At £13 for 3 course...s these days ...wow!! Unbelievable!! £13 bottle of Chilean merlot (house wine) was remarkably good value too. Good honest prices and great food. We all left fully satisfied. Ty and reserve table by the open fireplace.

1  Thank Jamboys

Reviewed February 20, 2012

popped in for the first time last week expecting a normal pub lunch, but got alot more than that. Being vegeterian i normally dont get a great choice and more often than not its a frozen vegi burger. Here i had a choice of home made meals, and opted for the baked parsnip and apple cheesecake, which was lovely, my friend had the ''unrivelled'' venison burger which certainly lived upto the name and he loved it, my arm was then twsted into having a chocolate and baileys panacotta for dessert, very naughty but very nice. I will be back soon for the good food, good service and in my opinion good value

Reviewed January 19, 2012

The restaurant was very quiet when we went and we had never been before, we had only been recommended, We went with our young baby and found it very hard to find a place to sit so we could have our baby beside us.

The menu wans't to our taste and was all food we normally wouldn't eat, I really didn't want to eat there but as we had booked and reserved a table I felt as though we should stay, the things on the menu for example was venison, game and other rare meats, nothing of a everyday menu.

The food was very expensive and you only received a small amount as well.

One of the staff did offer to help feed our baby whilst we ate which was nice of her and could not fault her on this, I think she may have been the owner?

I won't be going back but the food would have been nice if you like that kind of menu.