“Delightful experience”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Booked for lunch today, on the day. Upstairs was fully booked, but they offered me the 'Upstairs' menu downstairs.
From the warm welcome and attentive service from the staff, it was good from start to finish.
The three-course menu at a bargain £9.50 could not be faulted. I enjoyed stuffed peppers for starter and the catch of the day for mains, the OH had white beans with a black pudding-type accompaniment, followed by home-made burger stuffed with blue cheese, and we both had strawberry tart (a mousse in a soft flan case) for dessert.
Everyone else really enjoyed their food and the atmosphere was conducive to enjoyment. The staff care about their food and their customers, so refreshing nowadays.
I would definitely recommend Bailey's and will visit again soon.

There are newer reviews for Upstairs at Baileys

Reviewed November 23, 2012

What a treat. Yet again a lunch at Baileys has brightened our day. Superb value at £9.50 for a three course light lunch in relaxed and tasteful surroundings. Xavier and his staff are always attentive and so knowledgeable about the food they serve. Natalie, one of the newer members of staff, is a perfect hostess in the restaurant. Our 5th visit in as many weeks and we are already looking forward to going again!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

There is not too much in Beccles where a reasonably priced lunch can be enjoyed but this was to be the exception. 3 choices per course and a decent house wine proved to be a welcomed success on a miserable day. The place was buzzing and the service good. Really cannot want for more. Will return for dinner soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have previously eaten at Baileys at lunchtime and have always had an excellent lunch, however my wife and I ate an evening meal here for the first time last night, to celebrate my birthday, and found it to be a whole new experience.
The evening had a truffle theme and from the moment we entered the restaurant we could not have been made more welcome, all the staff were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to ensure we had a great experience. The owner of the restaurant is passionate about his food and wine and was only too pleased to spend time discussing the various wines available, recommending two or three he thought would go well with the theme of the evening. The wine I eventually chose was expensive but oh so very good and worth every penny, it complemented each of the six courses extremely well (if I hadn't had to drive home I would have had a second bottle).
The food was well presented, well cooked and very tasty and again the owner was only too pleased to explain each dish. I had not had truffles before and did not know what to expect but having eaten them at Baileys I believe it will be hard to find them better prepared.
I will continue to have the occasional lunch at Baileys but for the special occasions and evenings with friends we will definitely go back for the evening. I understand that a Spanish Christmas meal will be offered nearer to Christmas and I can't wait.
Incidentally if you are shopping in Beccles and need a coffee and a snack I recommend you try their delicatessen where you can get everything from scones to tapas.
I would recommend this restaurant to anybody looking for a fantastic food experience.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Had lunch here on Saturday with four friends. We had the three courses for £9-50 and the food was superb. The tartine starter was particularly delicious. Fantastic value for money.
The staff were cheerful and helpful.
Would highly recommend and I can't wait to go back.