“Cheap So Don't Expect Great Accommodation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alaminos City
Vista De Las Islas Resort Hotel
Binan City, Philippines
“Cheap So Don't Expect Great Accommodation”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I can't call this a hotel, more like a dormitory atmosphere, boarding house even. Lots of big groups coming in and out because they allow early check in and late check out (with room charge per hour)

I sent them an email for booking and was told that rate for a De Luxe room was 2,500 so I booked for 2 nights. No deposit required so I confirmed via phone. When we got there, I was told that de luxe room was at 3,000 and I disagreed because as per email (which I brought a copy of) it was only 2,500. The receptionist was an unsmiling person who insisted that that was incorrect so I looked for the person I was corresponding with who turned out to be their "Sir". That prompted her to tell me to just check out first the de luxe room and the standard room (which was the "actual" 2,500) and I can choose.

The de luxe room at the third floor was disgusting (no way was I gonna pay 3,000 for that). It had a bath tub but really disgusting. I went to check out the balcony and I didn't like the view of the mess of the next-door balcony that was occupied by a group of really noisy girls. We decided to check out the standard room instead because the deluxe room gave me the icky feeling.

The standard room was just in the ground floor and near the internet spot. It didn't have a bath tub but the bathroom was less disgusting in condition. And so we agreed to take the standard room instead. They told me the room was just vacated so we had to wait 10 minutes for them to fix it. I said that they should take time in cleaning it. How can you clean a room, like really clean, in 10 minutes, right?

We went to eat for an hour and when we got back the room was ready. The bathroom had yellowish scum and grime, so I went across the road to a store and bought two containers of 70% disinfectant alcohol which was not enough to disinfect the bathroom. My husband and I took a tricycle to town and bought Lysol as additional disinfectant and that was the only time we felt comfortable using the bathroom.

There was cable TV but went blank when there was a brown out. There was a hotel generator, at least.

The pool was not clean to our standards so we didn't allow the kids to swim there.

We enjoyed our dinner of barbequed pork and hotdogs from across the reception building. We had it brought outside the restaurant and ate outdoors. We asked if we could pre-order for breakfast at 6AM and they said yes because they were open early. We also ordered a packed lunch because we were going for an island hopping early next day. We were at the restaurant at 6AM and it was still closed. Somebody came 15 minutes later. I asked about our pre-ordered breakfast and he said he was gonna check on it. I waited 10 minutes and asked again and he said he wasn't able to check on it yet. Breakfast finally came after another 15 minutes. Packed lunch soon followed packed in a basket, which was nice.

We were able to depart for the island hopping at 7:30AM. We booked the boat with the "hotel". It was a great price at 3,000 for an entire day of use. It was Easter Sunday and we learned that the peak season rate was 4,000. The engine of the boat stalled on two occasions. But the boatman eventually made it start both times and we helped by praying (who wouldn't pray when you're worried and scared). The island hopping experience was amazing. It was worth the sacrifice in sleeping in such a dump. We had a picnic in a deserted island and the food from the restaurant was at least great, so we had a great time.

Three hours of island hopping/swimming was enough for us so we returned to the hotel before check out time. We took a bath and checked out of there fast, cancelling our 2nd night. We just couldn't stand another night sleeping there.

We rented our vests from the hotel shop but turned down the use of their snorkels.

I would have given a terrible rating but I settled for a poor because I liked the food and the outdoor dining and the picnic basket.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
16 Thank RCMM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 28, 2012

we been there last week and we pay 5,000 for 4 days of stay without breakfast..they give us room 3 beds well infact we are only 2 we stayed at the 3rd floor room 306..the shower is terrible because you need to turn on the shower for 30-45 minutes before the hot shower works..the housekeeping are nice.except the receptionist on the hotel,un approachable one and they never entertained us good.wedecide in our second day that were about to check out and they only give us 1,250 money back.its okay but the we are so mad the way the reception entertained us.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Island Tropic Hotel & Restaurant
Island Tropic Hotel & Restaurant
#3 of 8 in Alaminos City
Puerto Del Sol Beach Resort

Been to Vista De Las Islas Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!