This is a so-called hotel. The only thing convenient about it is the location because if you want some place near the bay of Hundred Islands, this is one of the places to go to.
They have a group package which can accommodate 30++ participants (we were 32 including 4 kids). As a package, they offered dinner, set breakfast and lunch for next day. On the upper floor, is their dining area/videoke/mini bar.
Food is so-so and is kind of expensive for the price, e.g., you get to pay 250++ for Sinigang na Sugpo which has 2 pieces of Sugpo and lukewarm soup. They also have fried chicken which is totally dry.
They serve beer which costs about 40-45 pesos. They can let you sing your heart out to their videoke machine (the one which you have to drop a 5-peso coin), but only until 10pm. When we extended until 11pm, we were kinda embarrassed because they tend to show you they're bored, sleepy and would want to go home. Also, apparently, they have ice shortage at 11pm. So we settled with the not-so-cold beer.
The room is small but has double beds, that's why it can accommodate about 6 people. The problem is it tends to have bugs and mosquitoes. For some reason, when we were able to kill 1 big bug, we found out after 30 minutes that a huge pile of black ants came crawling to feed on it.
Also, we were told that the breakfast starts at 7am, unfortunately we were only able to eat at around 730-745am because of 2 reasons:
1. We extended until 11pm so most of them were not able to wake up early.
2. Breakfast doesn't really start before 8am (although we already informed them that we were supposed to go island hopping at exactly 830).
The bathroom tends to overflow. And for some weird reason, the water in the shower stinks. So we were forced to use the faucet.
Try other hotels if you intend to go to Hundred Islands. Perhaps the service and food is better.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Island Tropic Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Tropic Hotel And Restaurant
- Island Tropic Hotel & Restaurant Philippines/Alaminos City