“Best sleep in years! Kids fell in love with the place”
Review of Kingfisher Resort

Kingfisher Resort
Ranked #2 of 34 Pagudpud B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went here with my wife and three kids. It was our first time at Kingfisher and second visit to Pagudpud. After reading the reviews here at Trip Advisor I reserved a Casita with loft for an overnight stay. Place was quiet and clean. Bath and toilet was setup with big containers of shampoo and assorted body wash as well as family size bar soap, alcohol and cotton buds were also available. Dryer is available upon request. Room had a flat screen tv with in-house child friendly movies .The staff was very accommodating and courteous. Food was good and reasonably priced and servings were quite hefty. We arrived at around 4pm, went for a short swim and was greeted by Beever and T-rex the two most friendliest dogs ever. My kids enjoyed playing with them as they are also excellent swimmers. We went kayaking before the sun set and had a lot of fun. In the evening Mon arrived and greeted us, he was very accommodating and even offered us free dessert after dinner. The kids played Xbox with kinect at the Rec room before going to bed. We decided to skip movies and hit the sack early. Next morning we woke up at 10am, one of the best sleep I've had in years! Went for a short dip and packed our stuff. Mon was very hospitable and again offered us free halo-halo ( a local summertime dessert) to beat the summer heat. Our kids kept asking when we will come back even when we hadn't left the resort yet. My mistake was that I had also booked a hotel in Vigan for the following night, if not we all would have wanted to stay another night or two at this peaceful and wonderful place. Even though Kingfisher is known in the International scene as a Kite-surfing spot, I would say it is also a nice place for family bonding and my family and I look forward to next summer so we can comeback to this hidden paradise in Ilocos Norte.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank ronski76
There are newer reviews for Kingfisher Resort

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We've stayed for 3 nights with kids
Good - isolated and safe, good management, friendly service, good food
Bad - the beach itself is not as good as neighbouring Saud beach, 12-hours drive from Manila (but worth it)
Tips - use hotel's restaurant, the food is excellent and reasonably priced (our bill for 3 full days was USD 320 for 2 adults and 3 kids); bring enough cash, the nearest ATM is over hour drive and cards are not accepted; having a car is useful for half-day trips to nice neighbouring white sand beaches; beachfront huts are nice but have no toilets, choose cabanas if you travel with small kids.
All in all, excellent choice for holiday makers, and not only windsurfers

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Gabit99
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My 3rd time to go back and see how the resort has been growing, stayed for a week. The price was very reasonable with the comforts of a 5 star hotel. Food was excellent and there rooms were all clean. The staff friendly as ever believe me they don't bother you they let you be. After a stressful quarter in Manila a break from the city life is what I needed and Kingfisher delivered no stress at all. I have been around the Philippines and it is in Kingfisher that I have decide to spend my long weekends which my budget can afford. Keep up the good work.................

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Kash0915
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The drive going to this place took me 5 hours from Tuguegarao, and the rough road was longer than expected but IT WAS WORTH IT.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Mon (the owner) and Zara which was really nice - our rooms were right smack at the beach front so it was BEAUTIFUL! the sand is not as fine as blue lagoon's but the crystal clear water was perfect! the whole resort had a chill vibe to it and THE FOOD was to die for!!! fresh and full of flavor! My German in-laws are still raving about it!! Massage by the local girl from town was also great. THE SERVICE IS EXCELLENT!!

we didn't do kiting or wind surfing but we snorkeled and rented motorbikes to explore the area! we had a blast!! I will definitely recommend this resort to friends!

If you decide to stay here - come prepared - they are quite far from the town area so bring everything you need.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank KCA_20
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed at Kingfisher for 5 nights in one of the new casitas. The casitas are very spacious with comfortable beds, ensuite bathroom and aircon. The staff were friendly and a big Thank You to Zarah and Fabrice who went above and beyond the call of duty, helping us out with anything that we asked for. We did some fantastic day trips on non windy days and the surrounding area and scenery are absolutely stunning. We had a great stay and would recommend anyone who wants great waves, wind and scenery to come and spend some time up here.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank windsurffun
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I came to Kingfisher knowing that I would be there right at the end of the windy season so there were few other guests. This let me experience just how beautiful the people that make this place happen truly are. All of them, from the super chilled go to girl Zara that runs the place, the adorable restaurant staff (and the food is delicious), the happy smiling maintenance staff, the super attentive kite shop staff all the way through the resident dogs (I fell in love with the scruffy T. Rex and the grubby Lab puppy Toby) to the newly arrived 6 black puppies who's only job is to make you glad to be alive. The wind when it came was strong and clean and my next trip here will be right in the middle of the best time for kiting so I can really experience that side of the place as well. Come here to ride or just to chillout, it's one of the best things you will do in your life.
Salamat Po Kingfisher Resort!!!!!!!
Anthony

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Anthony_Toz_Moir
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Kingfisher is placed at a beautiful untouched peas in the middle of "wild" nature and virgine beach. As a spot is realy nice. Kiting/windsurfing on cristal water, watching fishis under your feet, Flat water "pool" finishing with a great waves. Wind moastly 10 knots stronger tahn windguru shows. Normaly you wont use other than 7m kite if not smaller. Surf and stand up paddle on the place... clear beautiful waves. Cool even for SUP trips... Center for take a class and all gear rental. Realy nice people and atmosphere. Need to go back once... Thankseweribody for such a great time we had there...
Jana

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JaniCZka
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pagudpud
Java Hotel
#3 of 34 in Pagudpud
Pannzian Beach
Pannzian Beach
#1 of 4 in Pagudpud

Been to Kingfisher Resort? Share your experiences!