“Two Thumbs Up!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pagudpud
Kapuluan Vista Resort
Ranked #6 of 34 Pagudpud B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 27, 2013

You'd seriously want to stay in this resort for a week - or two. It is the perfect escape, I must say. Their resort is sooooo simple yet it bursts of everything your stressed psyche could wish for - healthy food, spacious areas, breezy lounges, and clean amenities.

Read a book (and finish it!) while in this relaxing abode. Make friends with their nice dogs. If you are the active type, surf boards and bikes are also up for rent.

Their rooms AND bathrooms are spotlessly clean. Their bathrooms have a pocket garden too.

As for their food, please do not miss out on their burritos. it is definitely the best and the healthiest we've had in our lives. (No kidding)

The food may take a while to be served though. The waitresses are also shy.. they do not smile as much.

The resort is just a 5-10 minute walk from Blue Lagoon Beach (white sand, blue waters).

This resort is definitely a must-try when in Ilocos Norte. I believe its ratings from other travelers are high as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thetravelarchives
There are newer reviews for Kapuluan Vista Resort

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ever since my very first visit in 2010, the owners, Mike & Alma, and their staff had been very welcoming. This has been my fourth time visiting Pagudpud. In all those visits I made sure my stay was in Kapuluan Vista Resort. There are many reasons I recommend everyone to visit this resort. This includes: great food, environmentally friendly, great owners and staff, aesthetics, etc., but one thing that stands out most from other resorts is the fact that they respect you like family. You can't say that with many places. They interact with you, going above and beyond their way to make their visitors such as myself to be as comfortable and relaxed as possible during our stay. I appreciate every conversation, whether long or short, I have with everyone. With that said, I hope to visit KVR once or twice more before the rainy season starts. :) Cheers!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I do not set high expectations when I visit a remote resort-ish place because I know it will never have that very comfy hotel feeling. When we arrived here, I instantly felt very welcomed, very very very nice staff, with welcome drinks and 3 adorable little pooches that instantly entertained us. The place had this modern rustic tropical feel, very typical of a secluded resort. The place was quiet and very few people were there. The room was nice, for me though I felt the lighting was not enough, or maybe they were just going for a romantic mood. The bed was nice and big, sheets are okay. Aircon and tv are fine. Bathroom was okay. My only problem was there were mosquitoes, maybe about 10 because I ended up chasing and killing them before going to bed because I can't sleep well when there's something that's threatening to bite me. The best part of this resort was the food! My husband is all praises about the food and he's even willing to go back just to eat there. We likewise greatly enjoyed the happy hour and ordered their cocktails and got semi-wasted. The blue lagoon beach is just minutes away so it's no biggie walking a few meters along the shoreline to get there. Would definitely go back here when I'll have a trip to Pagudpud.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KathleenXy-za
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just spent 10 days at KVR and enjoyed the hospitality of Mike and Alma. Fantastic place with the beach right out the front of the resort, friendly staff and great food. The style is tropical and welcoming in a quite resort.

Would recommend this place to anyone who wants to experience the beauty of tropical Philippines and a great base for surfing local areas. Even had my private surf guide who should be paid more for the great job he does!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Kapulan Vista Resort in three words: RUSTIC. RAW. UNPRENTENSIOUS.

It feels like a second home to me.

First and foremost ladies and gentlemen, keep in mind this resort is a SURF resort. The owners live and breathe the surfing lifestyle. Which is why they chose to set up right there.

They are AWARE the beach has rocks. The reef (the rocks) gives them those waves they love.

If you want to walk to a un rocky beach and swim in blue water, its a nice 5-10 minute convenient walk down a road (yes a road!) to burn some off your fat off!

If you dont like getting some exercise, and being close to un spoiled raw nature, i suggest you stay home or go to boracay instead. Since according to some comments, it is not for the fanit of heart in pagudpud. Haha.

I personally LOVE it there. Yes the staff is a bit clumsy sometimes, but it is part of the charm. It is in the middle of nowhere so you are served by the real people that inhabit the land.

I would prefer that native service over some stiff waiter asking me what "hors d oeuvres" i want. Go to a five star hotel for that. You are clearly missing the point.

Kapuluan vista resort has a home-y environment. The food, everything is made from SCRATCH. Eerything FRESH. They have their own ORgaNIC garden rich with plump produce which i drool and dream for.

You ask, they happily provide for you as a guest. It is very rustic in a sense that they apply it to their overall appeal and service.

They recycle EVERYThINg. They use REaL materials for their decors and not anything harmful to the earth or unnatural. THAT is what this resort is about.

Some people may find that ugly, but to others this is exactly what we come back for again, and again, and again..

Its either you like getting a little dirt on your feet or not. After all, it is nature. Rusting is also part of being right in front of the beach. Theyre architecture show alot of metals and wethering is normal.

I love this place! Beautiful. Raw. Serene. Great food. Quiet. People are peaceful. Good service. Such accomodating owners and so fun to be with.

100 points in my book!

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank Firetree
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been visiting this place for the past 3 to 4 years but only as a transient guest. I always bring my friends and guests to Kapuluan (meaning archipelago) because of its ambience, good food and friendly staff. I just love the atmosphere of this place! The little details from the table setting to the food garnishes and the surrounding greeneries add to the unique feel of the resort. Owners, Mike & Alma, are always accomodating and amiable to their guests. Very cool couple! The structures and interior of the rooms are very simple and well designed. The swimming pool is a good alternative since the beach is a short walk accross a road. Kapuluan is a surfing resort at the end part of a narrow road that passes thru Hannah's which is a humongous resort so expect a bit of traffic (both humans & cars) going there.

Food tip: Try the margarita (140pesos). Two for one during happy hour! Fish Kinilaw, Empanada, Eggless Flan and the home made ice cream is a must!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank GoodKrama
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Two years ago we've been here twice because everything was perfect. But now quality of everything here has deteriorated. The picture in their website and FB is misleading. The place is dirty. The surrounding is not pleasing to the eye anymore. The rooms have unappealing odour. Food in the restaurabt is expensive though the taste is satisfavtory. Overall the quality of service is very poor. I will not come back to this resort again.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank lonewolfshifter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pagudpud
Hotel Luna
#3 of 34 in Pagudpud
Pannzian Beach
Pannzian Beach
#1 of 4 in Pagudpud

Been to Kapuluan Vista Resort? Share your experiences!