I made the booking at Hannah's few months before my intended trip. Reservation was made thru email and the response time was fine. Made a phone call as well to reconfirm that reservation was made.
We had an overnite stay at Vigan before proceeding to Pagudpod. It was about three hours from Vigan and the road to the town was good. However, the final road stretching about two kilometers downhill the lagoon area where the resort was located was not that well developed. I just could not imagine how this road would be during rainy seasons. It would all be murky and would not be passable by motorized vehicle. But this was all forgotten once we saw the beautiful scenic view. It was really picture perfect. My wife was overwhelmed by it. It was a breathtaking view from the top as you go down the lagoon trekking the side of the mountain.
There were several resorts clustered in the area, more than 3 of them i guessed. Hannah's, if i remember it right, was the first you would see and the more developed among the other resorts in terms of the structures. There was the huge convention hall, the administration/receiving office on the other side and at the adjacent area are the villas. The place is well laid out and compact. We rented the deluxe villa for a package arrangement of 3 days and 2 nights including 6 meals.
When we first saw the the place, it gave the impression that it was a 3 or 4 star resort. But it was nowhere that range. Not a 2-star even. I say this for the following reasons:
1. There was no existent restaurant service. The one they have there is more of a turo-turo. They do not serve anything beyond the basic filipino dishes. There was this foreign couple who went there and left at once when they saw the menu. The reason, they do not understand the menu because they were all filipino meals. They should offer few international menu to cater to foreign guests. The service and the food were very poor. You can stay at the resort but try to find a decent place to eat or simply bring your own "baon". The nearest good restaurant is about an hour drive in the Saud area.
2. The staffs were really undertrained if not lacking in training at all. They have no regard for the privacy nor concern for their guests. Just imagine this. My wife and I were in our intimate moments when suddenly one staff of the resort opened the door, without a knock, without calling, without anything, using his spare key. It really blew my tops off. It was good we were still decent when this guy barge into the room.
3. During our second day another incident happened. There were this maintenance people who climb on top of the villa and started banging the roof. I went out at once and confronted them and asked why did they were doing this when there are guests in the villa. I really did not now that time what was wrong with this place *&Q#%^&*@^!!!
We did not enjoy much the stay at the place since it was raining the whole time and we were not able to swim in the rough sea, but only a short dip in their pool. Add to this the incidents that happened which I already mentioned plus the poor food and the restaurant service. It was not about the money you put in onto places like this but are they worth it. The resort was nice, but the service and the staff did not compliment it at all, especially the restaurant which should normally give the better impression.
I do not recommend the place. Maybe after another 5-10 years when they improve their services and their staffs.
One last comment. The bathroom/toilet in our villa really stinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hannah's Beach Resort and Convention Center is a seven (7) hectare property located in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte, Philippines. It is situated along the shores of the famous Blue Lagoon, a picturesque stretch of pristine white sand beach that is partially enclosed by a range of mountains and cliffs embracing the place forming into a cove that is a natural shelter of beauty and charm. The seabed is of fine sand on which you can stand still and enjoy the tranquility and beauty of the cove and even if you have treaded about 50 meters out at sea already, the water level is still at chest-deep. The amenities of the resort are mounted on a cliff adjacent to the beach providing visitors a spectacular view of the crystal clear blue water of the Blue Lagoon stretching out to the vast China Sea, amidst a backdrop of verdant mountains teeming with varied forms of vegetation and wildlife, and the clear skies in the horizon. Hannah’s was constructed in harmony with nature. Hannah’s successfully preserved the landscape, the trees, and natural vegetations and left the beautiful sceneries and serene atmosphere of its location untouched and unadulterated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Hannah's Beach Resort and Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hannah`s Beach Hotel Pagudpud