“Be forewarned!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pagudpud
Arinaya White Beach Resort
Ranked #21 of 34 Pagudpud B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Okay, where do I even begin? First off, I always visit tripadvisor whenever I book a hotel/resort. For some reason, I wasn't able to before I booked at Arinaya. I guess I got too excited when I saw that they had a beachfront family villa for just Php6,000! So the day before we checked in, I decided to visit tripadvisor and saw their low ratings. Nevertheless, I still pushed thru in the hopes that somehow, management would improve especially since almost all reviews are complaints.

Based on my experience, Arinaya needs to improve on the following:
(1) service - I don't think these people love their jobs. Maybe it's the ambience of the place...the resort was really gloomy.
(2) cleanliness - the villa we stayed in didn't have floor mats. The walls were dirty, especially the one by the stove; the bathroom pail had brown water (I think it had water with rust), there were no trash cans..
(3) food - we paid the Same aMount for a meal in La Preciosa in laoag which was waaaaaay better!!!

The only saving grace of this hotel is their location. There was a storm somewhere off Ilocos when we visited which made it impossible to enjoy the beach but the location of arinaya is on white beach with very fine sand. It isn't as white as boracay's but it was unique on its own.

I would definitely go back to Pagudpud but will check in at other resorts to enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank MaiLR
There are newer reviews for Arinaya White Beach Resort

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Last August 19,220, 2012, I and my friends arrived at the place after a long travel from Manila. I recommended this resort because I've been here several times with no hassle. We enter the gate and parked my car and went near the sea, but because of heavy rain we take refuge at one of their hut waiting for the rain to stopped. While waiting, a staff approached us and asked if how many we are in the group, I told him that we are here waiting for the rain to stopped. But instead he charged us P25 per person as entrance fee. What kind of resort is this? Are they making money just for the entrance fee because they don't have guests at the time. We don't even have the intention to go swimming because of high waves. Next time you enter their gate you might be trapped and obliged you to pay entrance fee of P25.00 per person. Sorry...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Abraham L
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Pagudpud was our last stop before driving back home the next day.We arrived here at about 5 pm.We just want to get settled and watch the sunset.The place looks deserted.Staff not as welcoming as you would expect.Here's a summary of my review :
1-Room was smelly,thin mattress,old sheets,no toilet paper,no drinking water.
2-Bathroom was dirty,rusty plumbing,then we discovered later that WATER LEAKS FROM THE CEILING,when we turned on the shower.Flush does not work,pretty disgusting!!How could they even offer a room like this, is beyond me.
3-Room Ac is loud and too small for the room,fridge in room not plugged and dirty.no phone ,you have to walk all the way to the office to get service.
4-terrible food and expensive too (they dont allow outside food to be brought in),go eat somewhere else.
5-advise to travellers,dont stay here,check out nearby resorts,anywhere is better than this place.I would pay twice as much to get better service and accomodation.I tried to look for another resort but after dark,its hard to find your way because there are no street lights and road signs,roads are narrow,
6-Lots and lots of mosquitoes and bugs,also no security,just dont feel safe here.
7-the photos on their website is misleading,its false advertising.
8-watch your belongings,keep it locked in your car.
9-staff needs training about customer service,even in a place like this,if staff is welcoming & pleasant,everything counts.Even the Lady owner is somehow rude,she,asked me "what do you want?'when I came up and asked about the dinner I ordered.

Its just a total bad experience,my niece got sick and ran a fever that night,we packed and left the next day.We are not coming back here..

Room Tip: please check the bathrooms first,make sure shower and flush works
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank shirley_122000
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I was planning a road trip to Pagudpud with some friends and their girlfriends when I saw this resort. I really didn't mind the bad reviews since the idea of having a beach front house all to ourselves at a pretty decent price appealed to me. Turns out, this place was so terrible that instead of doing some managing of the place they just manage to get their guests upset.

1. The house was supposedly air-conditioned but the receptionist didn't mention to us that only the room in the 1st floor had one, the big room on the second floor only had fans.
2. There was only 1 bathroom for a house supposedly for 12 people. To add to that, the public restrooms behind our room wasn't designed to be used by people.
3. I won't bother telling our story with their restaurant but PLEASE find another place to eat.
4. To management: resort guests need toilet paper. Period.

If you're going with good company which I did and all you need is the beach maybe you'd still enjoy your trip but otherwise, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank RaymundAaronVSF
Reviewed February 27, 2012

On arrival at this lovely location stunning beach clean blue crystal water sun everyday,having said all of that ,let me take you to my review on this Hotel...If you plan to stay do not take the rooms that are advertised at 2000 peso as you will be deeply disappointed water keeps losing its pressure sometimes even stops an the toilets they make a hell of a noise plus they also dont offer hot water in these rooms beds are old not a mattress but a sponge ..Going to the reception area an dining room Staff well they need to be educated into handling customers ,make sure you bring your deposit slip of your booking as they seem to have no idea of what going on no office skills .as for the menu half the stuff they dont have an what they do have seems to take 1 hour to be served,all in all my experience was bad which is a shame as its has such a lot of potential,got everything going for it with location an beach front,plus make sure you got cash as they dont credit cards.one bonus it does have wi fi if you are needing that an its free.

Room Tip: Read my review an decide
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Pagudpud was our last stop in our Ilocos trip.
We were looking for an affordable but nice place to stay in Pagudpud. I looked for reviews before booking a resort. Unfortunately, Arinaya had poor ratings. But a friend of mine, originally from Ilocos, told me that Arinaya was nice and it didn't really matter because the beach was just one shoreline.

Arinaya had one of the cheapest package we found. We arrived at around 7PM and was greeted by a staff that seemed stunned. One staff, however, was very friendly and helpful. The staff (a girl) helped us to our room. Upon seeing the room, we were a bit disappointed. It was big, but it was bare. It had no television. Now, that would seem fine for some, but my companion could not sleep without the TV on. We asked if there was a vacant room which had TV. The girl showed us a different room at the other side of the resort. It was more expensive but it was definitely nicer. It has its own TV and ref. It also had glass double doors which had big curtains.

Another draw back for me was the A/C. It was located right on top of the bed and it was very "small". It kinda had a hard time accommodating the size of the room. Another set back was that there were lots of frogs and beetles outside. You can even hear beetles hitting the door of the room. One more thing which I hated was that we had to wait aged for the food to be served. The staff on the night shift was very annoying. On one occasion, she forgot to mention our order to their cook and so we had to wait more than an hour for our dinner. Aside from these, I had a wonderful time at this place.The people in the morning shift was very helpful and friendly. Very alert as well.

As for the bad reviews for this place, let's just say, you can't please everyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank scrappydoodledoo
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Your place sucks! I will NEVER recommend your resort to our friends. Staffs were very courteous but seriously,your place needs a TOTAL renovation. Dirty beachfront, unsanitary restrooms, unreasonable food prices, NO nightlife, even lights at night were turned off, NO lifeguards, NO activities like kayak,snorkel etc. Your website is completely deceiving. Were those pics taken thousand years ago?! OMG,you should DO something. If I were to ask what score I will give to your place,I would undoubtedly give you 2 stars! It was my first time in Pagudpud and we were expecting great service as you've promised in your website but we were devastatingly disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Trying-Hard-Traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pagudpud
Grand Octagon Resort
#1 of 17 in Pagudpud
Natsuca Beach Resort
Natsuca Beach Resort
#7 of 17 in Pagudpud

Been to Arinaya White Beach Resort? Share your experiences!