Caribbean World Borj Cedria
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Star rating should be zero.
Food rating should be -10. terrible food thankfully found a cafe 20 min walk away.
Entertainment ok if you speak German, French etc head entertainer rude. Shows consist of dancing and more dancing. Seen one seen them all.
Kid s club a jigsaw, tv and drawing. the entertainment did nothing with the kids.
All-inclusive drinks undrinkable.
Please do not go and don't ignore the bad reviews.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank manutd4ever
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Please listen and don't make the mistake I made.... I read the reviews before booking and thought that people were just being fussy I'm not a snob im ENGLISH and we like our food I came a size 10 and will be leaving a size zero great some of u may say but I feel ill and week with lack of food I'm in my 4th day here and really can't wait to be home the men here are like dogs on heat and treat the English like crap the food is horrible the hotel needs knocking down and re-building it really is that bad the slides aren't on because they says when it's overcast they won't put them on!!! We went to the on site restaurant last night for Chinese and put it this way its never seen Chinese in its life u don't get to chose what u
want they just give u it and it consisted of a small plate of salad for starters then dried chicken with rice and rice is what I have been eaten for the last 4 days I honestly don't have the energy or the time to comment any more other than the reception staff talk to u like they have just trodden on something but please waning to all English stop coming here and filling these arrogant people's pockets the place is a dump and trust me I have been to some places that aren't thy nice but I would rather be there than here

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Customer1224
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We visited this hotel from 23 Aug for 11 nights all inclusive. We booked at quite short notice, knew the hotel was in the middle of nowhere, paid an average price (but not exactly cheap) and had read the awful reviews but thought it can't be that bad.... However, we had an overall very disappointing experience at this hotel. On arrival we were given armbands, told to go and eat and that we would get our rooms afterwards Once we finished, we were taken to our rooms, given no information about anything - mealtimes, all inclusive timings, armband colours (there are a few) so from that moment onwards it was find it out for yourself. The following day we discovered what the following 10 days would entail; a complex comprising of 3 former hotels now being used as 2 hotels, which you are free to roam around and not told what you may actually use. There are 2 restaurants and bar areas, with the smaller one being used by more Tunisian tourists who pay for drinks in the evening so is actually a little better looked after. We based ourselves there only to be told on the last day that our arm band did not allow us to be there! Mealtimes were pretty unpleasant, tables were hard to find, plates, cups and cutlery always ran low, the food was of a poor standard and was often lukewarm. You had to queue a long time at times to get drinks which were served in small plastic cups or small glasses and most (alcohol and soft drinks) tasted vile. I spent money on soft drinks from the shop and sometimes bought imported bottled beer at nights as I just didn't like what they served. The other tourists (various nationalities) had poor manners, mad such a mess at their tables and took food and drinks all over the complex and then left them wherever they wanted. This lead to flies, ants and other horrible looking insects all over. The staff were not very good at clearing up, possible because of the sheer size of the place making this difficult but also possibly due to poor management of the place overall. The complex is very large, in serious need of refurbishment (there are no shortage of guests so they must be making enough money), there is broken furniture lying everywhere and due to the poor standard of cleanliness often smells and looks shabby. Very few staff actually spoke to you or tried to make you feel welcome (I even used French and Arabic to say please and thank you). You will be hounded on day 1 about the boat trip, camel rides, quad bikes and beauty treatments, I booked a relatively expensive hammam and massage, It is by far the poorest quality I have ever experienced and I won't even go into the possible unhygienic element of it. We also went on the boat trip - again the worst experience ever on a boat trip abroad. 4 bus loads of tourists crammed on a boat for 4 hours, no sun loungers just benches (we stood the whole time), the queue for the lunch took approx 1 hour, awful food which you had to eat wherever you could. The main aim of the trip was to sell as much as they could (having been told it was all inclusive). The quad bike tour was the highlight of the 11 days! The animation team try very hard to provide a good service, except the lady in charge, who blatantly doesn't like British tourists and will even make snide comments to your face! In summary, I wouldn't advise booking this hotel but spend your hard earned cash elsewhere. They cannot cope with the amount of guests they have staying, provide a poor quality service overall, attract an unpleasant group of other tourists which I partly blame on the awful experience. I may well never visit Tunisia again after this holiday and certainly would never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chaz_79
Reviewed September 3, 2013

PLEASE PLAESE read this review before booking this hotel

where do I start with this Hotel
we arrived at the hotel at around 2am in the morning and all lights were off in the reception.
I asked if they could be turned on so I could actually see the hotel cards I was filling in...they refused. had to fill them in the dark.
after filling in the cards I asked if there was anyway that my kids could have something to eat and they bluntly told me kitchen was closed and asked me to go to my room.
next morning we went down for breakfast. we had to wait 1hr for a cup of coffee and there was no plates to get breakfast(had to wait for them as well).
in the canteen they only had one of each coffee pot, hot water for tea, and milk and this was to serve around 600 adults, also only one bar with one person serving cold juices which they ran out of every day.
after a few days we realised that lunch and dinner was the same and did not taste very nice.
every day you only had 2 mains and the salad and condiments was the same every day.
food smelt stale.
in the end after the few days we were there the waiter we spoke to approached us and asked how we were getting on, we told him that we really need to feed the kids as they would not eat anything apart from the pasta and that they are sick of. he advised us not to feed the pasta to the kids as it was not fresh and was yesterdays.
he told us to go out of the hotel to eat and arranged with one of his friends to take us out and show us where we could get some decent food.
on the first night we went out to eat how shocked were we when we saw loads of staff who work at the hotel eating out in this restaurant.
after that first visit we went everyday to eat out and got talking to more staff that work there and they said the same thing. we don't eat there FOOD VERY BAD that's why we come here to eat.
Oh before I forget we paid for ALL INCLUSIVE.
we had to pay for bottled water everyday and also the aqua park per day was £4 per person for tourist. holiday makers who could speak Arabic got in free. later we found out by staff that the aqua park is owned by the hotel so why are they CHARGING US.
we asked the waiter I mentioned earlier what star rating the hotel was and he said zero star and also stated that all Caribbean world resorts are similar.

lets make a list:

hotel is very old and falling apart.
all bars had only one person serving and opened at different times. at any one time only 2 bars open to serve all guests.
staff are rude and unhelpful
hotel is in a very poor area
shopping is not free (would cost the four of us £30 for them to take us shopping)
its not all inclusive
local beer is not bad have tasted better in Tunisia
wine tasted like vinegar
soft drinks were warm and mix was always too strong and most of the time flat and not fizzy.
food is really horrible, tasteless and smelt stale. was the same and could see salad was not fresh.
they would take our room towels in the morning and return them washed at around 4pm.
1 bar in the canteen with 1 person serving both soft drinks and alcohol (waiting time 1hr on a good day)
tea, coffee again had to wait 1hr.
dinner tables were never cleaned and when asked to clean and change cloths they moaned.
poolside sunbeds had no mattresses so were very uncomfortable after around 20mins and they were broken. also to mention that nothing at poolside was cleaned we had to clean it ourselves.
the umbrellas had a steel ring around them which if you hit your head it was very painful.(also falling apart)
rooms were not cleaned properly and were dirty.
our room telephone never worked from day 1 and was told it would be fixed.(never fixed)
very bad sewage smell everywhere.
toilets don't flush a lot of the times.
only one place where you can change money and withdraw cash in the hotel who opened and closed when he liked...cash machine worked on and off. your stuffed if you don't have cash and the cash machine don't work.
only one shop in the hotel who is getting rich as he charges what he wants for drinks including water.
it rained on our last day and the hotel got flooded..no drainage.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deepak L
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Was there 10 days all inclusive in August. Room was ground floor by the pool which meant some ants could get in room and outside on balcony was infested with them. Also could hear the music getting played at 9am every morning which is OK as at least you can make breakfast but its the same songs getting played everyday. Rooms always cleaned well by cleaners and daily.

Nice pool areas but you do need to get up early to make sure you get loungers as they do disappear quickly. Beach is not the greatest but does the job if you want to lay on beach all day although its only soft drinks available on the beach.

You will be harassed daily for things like trips, quad bike, camel rides and massages etc these will set you back about 20 - 30 euro each. We only chose the boat trip as took limited amount of euros with us as there is ATM advertised on site however this did not work at all when there. The boat trip itself was enjoyable however you will be on boat with people from other hotels as they sell tickets throughout all hotels and our ship was overbooked and there was about 20 people who never got on that could easily have been us had we not got there 1st.

Food was terrible, most people usually put on weight on holidays but i definitely lost a few kilos..... although the cakes they make are good!! Either go for dinner at night very early or very late as if you go in middle you will struggle for seats, cutlery and sometimes even plates.

Drink choice was also not very good. I stuck with beer which was fine for me except cups so small you should always get yourself 2 at a time or its gone so soon. My girlfriend did not like any of the wine, the rum not very good and vodka also watered down and its only all inclusive to 11pm then if you want to stay up and have a couple you end up paying 1.75 euros for a bottle of beer (heiniken)

Activities are there during the day if you want to them and the animators are OK but most is aimed for kids and women. At night is the worst part as you cant go out of the complex and see anything, the shows that get put on are awful and are aimed at kids and they advertise a late night disco on complex but this is either full of 16 yr olds or full of tunisian men so this was very bad to go to so take something to amuse yourself at nights.

Cant remember if they advertise a sports bar but they dont have it. They have a med size tv in an area near bar that when i asked for football to go on for sco v eng match (nobody else there) was told no they wont show it. Thinking maybe was just they could not show that but when went to watch premiership games again would not show. Thought could use wifi to stream on laptop but this complex wifi is very bad and i could only access it about 10% of time and not when I wanted to.

Overall you can get good sun, nice pool, and a beach but not much else on offer here and no doubt you can get much better places in tunisia it much better locations

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple