Caribbean World Borj Cedria
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have never written a review before but feel the need to spare other people the pain and torture of going here....Having read the negative reviews about this hotel, we decided to give it the benefit of the doubt as some people will complain for nothing....oh how wrong we were!!!! Please, please,please do not put yourself through this....
Where do I begin....the food is totally in edible....what you get for breakfast is the same as what you get for lunch and dinner!!! The food is cold...they eventually put a MICROWAVE in the restaurant to heat your food up...!!!! There were mice running round in the restaurant and flies were all over the uncovered food. The staff served food with their hands with no gloves. The tea, coffee and soft drinks are vile as is all the alcohol.... Thankfully we took our own vodka....
The entertainment is boring and not in the slightest bit entertaining...the kids disco played the same 5 songs every night...even they were bored.
Our room was always cleaned and clean towels every day but our patio doors didn't lock and after asking the staff 4 times to come and fix it we had to phone our travel agents in the UK to get them to phone the hotel....this was not appreciated by the manager who was really rude to my husband for phoning the UK... The staff stink of BO and are really rude.
We were told that we could be moved to a better hotel but at a cost of £400!!!!! As we didn't have that kind of money we had to stick it out....
Another couple we met got moved...I'd love to know how they got on...so Clare and Tom if you're reading this...get in touch...
The transfer was also a nightmare as they arrived o get us over an hour late and then they didn't have enough room on the bus so we were squeezed in like a cattle truck!!!!
The Rep, Samir was not interested in any of our complaints and we were just given a phone number to ring the UK!!!!!!
We have all had really bad stomachs and will be visiting our doctors on Monday morning as we have spoken to other people that have been diagnosed with salmonella....
This truly is the worst holiday and hotel I have ever been to and I have been to Tunisia 3 times...
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Natasha G
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Have to say when booking this holiday, and reading the reviews on here, I was more than worried and to say the least trying to get my money back to book elsewhere, but couldn't so looked like I was going.

I went with my son (4) and a friend for a two week stay (26 Sept - 10 Oct), all inclusive, for hotel, flights, transfers and bagagge it cost £400.00. If you deduct flights, transfers, baggage, it meant for an all inclusive stay on the complex we paid approx £100.00 each for two weeks (£7.14 per night). This is what we got.

*A family size room (upstairs and downstairs) with air con, which was cleaned daily including fresh towels daily.
*Food and drink throughout the day (Free).
*Animations day and night
*Use of three hotels, restaurants, several pools and private beach.
*Discotheque
*And the main thing I went away for THE WEATHER (30* plus everyday)

Hotel and rooms are basic but very clean could not fault, our room was massive and more the excelled in what is was needed. But as we only changed and slept in there we didn't need anything more than basic. Constant hot water and powerful shower, very spacious.

The food also basic but there was enough variety and non of us starved if anything we over ate. Many comments complain about the food and not being to their taste but if you want food in which you are used to do not visit a foreign country. It was food cooked how tunisian chefs know how to cook which is to be expected, I would expect anything less when visiting abroad. All food which I ate was nice, and caused me know problems - LOVED the desserts!!

The complex consisted of three hotels all which we had use of bars, restaurants, pools, all of which were cleaned daily, we went and had breakfast at 6:30am and witnessed this every day, the cleaners there work morning and night as do the chefs and staff all for probably little wages, never came across a bad staff member.

There was a private beach small, but nice and clean which included water sports, some free with the all inclusive some at a charge. We spent most days by here and the Azura pool - could not fault it.

All the staff were friendly and very helpful, there was different shows every night, a children's disco which my son and myself enjoyed thoroughly, along with activities throughout the day around the pool once again which were all enjoyable. All staff went out their way to entertain.

I was happy with the drinks provided on the all inclusive menu and free cocktails nightly so never had to spend on this, my friend who only drinks lager did opt to pay for bottles of Heineken at 2DT (£1).

After reading all the reviews I can clearly say that any negatives should be ignored. Yes the hotel is basic, yes there was plates left about in PATHWAYS because scruffy holiday makers chose to leave them lying about in bushes instead of taking them back to the dining area. Basically holiday makers that expect staff earning pittance to clean up after them because there too lazy to do what they should which plates, but would they do the same at home cleaners did their best and worked day and night, hotel, rooms and areas were all clean.

Food was nothing to scream about, but I always managed to eat as did my son, as did my friend who is one of the most fussy eaters I know. None of us starved in two weeks nor did we have any upset stomachs or sickness. If you like cakes they are fantastic - plenty of option here all delicious.

Clean rooms, fresh bedding and towels daily.

There was nothing outside the complex which would be my only negative it is derelict, so if you like to go off site do not book. However, there are plenty of organised trips in which you can pay for that take you off , I did not do any of these but guests we was with did all which said they were great value for money.
Not being able to go off the comlplex to do anything didn't bother me as I I had a four year old si this is why I booked a complex so I had everything I needed onsite. So this was no issue.

There is a kebab shop in one of the streets that we did venture to which was delicious.

I had a fantastic holiday thanks to the staff and guests, and for value for money could not complain at all. If anybody can get a clean hotel, food, drinks, animation day and night, use of pools, beach, activities for £7 a night anywhere else please let me know. I got what I paid for if not a lot more. You can not even get a B&B in blackpool for less that £20.

Too many fussy people that want to pay CHEAP for a holiday and expect the luxury. It may be a 4* hotel but people need to remember 4* in a third world county to 4* in which they are used to are completely different. It well deserves all of its full stars if not more!!

Hotel does not get the justice it deserves busy holiday makers with nothing more to do than take pictures and moan endlessly, no wonder you didn't enjoy it, remember what you paid less your flights etc and ask yourself would you get the same service back at home for that, because 100% the answer would be no. People who have critisized obviously expect champagne holidays on lemonade wages...its not going to happen, you definitely get what you pay for including more.

If you are looking for cheap, cheerful holiday this is a must. Would go back tomorrow without hesitation, was gutted to come home, could have easily stayed longer.

Room Tip: Request Family Room very large and Spacious, Azura & Sun Beach Hotel beach was most relaxed, Carribean more lively.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
20  Thank Leighann-82
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Not once have I ever wrote a review on here but I really feel the need too as this hotel is not given the justice it deserves!!!

This was booked as a last minute holiday with my Friend & her 4 year old son... It cost a total if £409 each for 2 weeks all inc, flights, transfers & baggage. The flights were near enough £300 each so we basically paid £10 a night to stay at the hotel! Yes I was quite worried as with booking last minute I did read the reviews on here & they were quite daunting. Plus I normally only stay in 5* accommodation.

Arrived early hours in the Morning to be greeted by friendly & helpful reception staff, our names werent listed (which wasn't the hotels fault, but the travel agent). But reception did all they could and provided us with a room which had been originally requested, without any arguments.

Room - could not fault, was massive (infact 2 floors), clean & spacious. Was cleaned everyday, changed bedding everyday & clean towels everyday.

Food - yes it could get repatative... But its bound too be on a 2 Week all inc hol! I have a very weak stomach back in England, but not once did I fall ill here, neither did my friend or her 4 year old son & we ate everything! We actually brought all our tablets home (unused) that we had armed ourself with before goin. I am actually missing the freshly made omelettes & freshly baked pizzas! Ohh & the cakes!

Drink - to be fair I only drank the bottled water, all inc wine & cocktails. I also bought bottles of heineken as although the all inc draft beer was nice, it just didn't get me drunk!

Pools & beach - fantastic & very very clean!

Animation Team - they made our holiday! They work extremly hard each day! Miss them all!

If you have booked or you are thinking of going here then DO NOT be put off by the bad reviews! Please trust me as I am an extremly fussy person!

I would certainly return! I've been on lots of expensive holidays & although this has been one of the cheapest I have been on it was one of my best!

• Stayed: September 2012
7  Thank xxKeeleyxx
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Arrived late at night and 1st impressions wern't good. However that was soon to change in the light of day was far better than i thought. As you would expext the food had a Tunisian twist mixed with European style. Food was superb with plenty of choice at all meal times and something for everyone. There was chef's cooking as you wait or a choice from the static canteens. Once a week your room number is entitled to an a la carte meal in seperate restraunt. But this proved a total disaster due to bad communication and no information being issued. would not recomend as didnt get a meal even though was booked for 3 nights! heard other guest complaining about food there but as we never got a chance i can only speculate, The bedroom was spotless and well maintained. Daily room service was superb. Swimming pools were spotless and very spacious. The kids pool sits alongside main pool so not split into 2 areas. Main pool has sloping into so good for learning swimmers. Staff at reception very friendly and helpfull. There are a few shops on the site including a qualified doctors and bank complete with ATM. The entertainment was supplied by the animation team who are very good at getting holidaymakers involved. they run the kids club through the day then entertain kids again at night till about 21.30. After that till 23.00 its adult entertainment which was generally very good. There is a water park on site just a few yards from private beach, were you can go on a jet-ski, banana boat etc. There is no WIFI but there is an internet cafe on site and very reasonably priced. The downside of the resort is that there is nothing close outside so therefore tied to them, but there are excursions available from the hotel/rep. Once you step out past the security at the gate it looks like a building site in progress, so not very appealing. overall a good resort and would go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank rubberheid
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Please, please save your money. Other than the weather, there are no positive points to be made with regards to this excuse for a holiday. We suffered 2 weeks of hell. I was ill within 2 days of arriving, everyone around us were suffering from sickness and diarrhoea. The Germans/Russians were damn rude, their children were allowed to pee wherever they stood, whether this was by the side of the pool or on the grass, even though the toilets were in very close proximity. The food was disgusting, repetitive and mainly inedible (fish heads are not my idea of nice food). It was the most expensive all inclusive holiday i have ever experienced. The food was covered in flies both in and outside the restaurant, the Germans/Russians insisted on touching the food and putting it back, hardly surprising everyone was ill really is it? The alcohol was vile. We had to keep withdrawing money just to keep supplies of crisps and drinking water flowing, oh, and also to pay for the kebabs from a shop outside the resort. We ended up buying alcohol from behind the bar so we could actually have a descent drink. On arriving back from this holiday from hell and feeling no better, i sought medical advice and have today been diagnosed with salmonella. Thanks Caribbean World resort, i really didn't need salmonella into the bargain, it was unforgettable enough without it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family