“Ok, nothing more & not great value”
Review of Jalie's Coffee

Jalie's Coffee
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Attard
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2014

When your arrival starts with torn menu booklets covered in ketchup, you begin to wonder why the owners cannot see that first impressions count. The menu was varied and read well but sadly the food was so ordinary. The salad was weak, including one half of a cherry tomato!

The house special of red velvet cake was bland & tasteless and served with stained long-handled icecream spoons, which was a bit bizarre.

If seeking this type of fare, I suggest going to somewhere like Fontanella at Mdina which is a much better bet & based on this experience, I won't return to Jalie's.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Used to visit Jalie’s quite often during the week, mostly late afternoon to catch up with friends after work.. however we were all [group of 4] very disappointed during our last visit! Seems like the service is deteriorating by time and staff need more training [customer service related]
Cakes are still good but manners take priority in this industry..
you can easily find good [or even better] cakes just metres away. It’s a shame since the place is really cute..

1  Thank Cynthia S
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Small restaurant in Attard recommended by some friends for a Sunday lunch. Enormous real English Sunday dinner with great afters. Not easy to find but well worth looking for

1  Thank JF F
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The place/location per se are very lovely indeed.
We ordered two red velvet cakes,a ftira,a cappuccino,hot chocolate with cream and coffee.
-The ftira took a bit long to arrive but was quite good.
-The hot chocolate tasted very good,but beware..if you don't have that much of a sweet-tooth,opt for something else as it was very very sweet.
-We asked for instant coffee rather than espresso that was listed yet we got no reduction on the price whatsoever.
-Red velvet cakes were of a good size yet just as I am about to dig into my slice,I notice an eyelash hair on the cream-cheese which was rather repulsive..scraped that bit off and ate the cake anyway,tasted fine.

I must also add one last thing. If you're a huge group and you're opting for Jailie's,please be reasonable as the place is very small. When we arrived,there was 85% of the place already booked which left us with the choice of only 2 tables downstairs.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I decided to try this place after hearing some very favourable comments from friends. The coffee shop situated behind a church in an old and charming building. Inside the decor is simple and modern which gives the place a contemporary feel. On entering and asking the waitress where we could sit, we were given the direction to one of the tables available. I had an upside down chocolate cake served with cream which was OK, while my guest had a pecan pie with ice-cream which somehow didn't live up to her expectations. We also tried a cinnamon flavoured cafe latte for the first time, but both found it too sweet with hardly any taste of coffee at all. I don't know if that's how a flavoured cafe latte should taste like, so I shall give the benefit of the doubt here. Service was acceptable even though we never saw a smile. Nevertheless, the place seems to be popular, even though a bit pricey.

1  Thank Galionavar