“Excellent service with lovely food but pricey!”
Review of Rickshaw

Rickshaw
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Attard
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Travel to the Far East at our award-winning Rickshaw restaurant and sample authentic cuisine from Thailand, Japan, Singapore, China and beyond. Sip from a refreshing cocktail or enjoy a specialised Chinese beer or Japanese sake in surroundings inspired by the arts and traditions of the Orient.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Went to Rickshaw this evening as I wanted something different from the pizza and pasta and decided to go as it was in a 5 star hotel, near the President's Palace and the lovely gardens. Drove outside the hotel with plenty of parking, the gardens were closed however the President with lots of security was in the car going by which was nice to see. Went into the hotel as I was early sat in the lobby people watching.

Went into the restaurant was greeted by lovely staff, nice ambience and a nice big rickshaw at the entrance, was empty as it was only 7 pm, restaurant looked nice inside too, a little cold and music at first was a bit too loud but then finally was lowered. The Manageress was so nice and lovely, Memmely I think her name was, so happy and friendly and genuine. One of the best members of staff I have come across probably in Malta and the world. She really does deserve to be not just the restaurant Manager but the hotel Manager!

Whilst I was looking at the menu, was given a big bowl of prawn crackers and some dips, was so nice of them and very tasty indeed! The prices were expensive but was a special treat even a small glass of diet coke was £3, a pint was £5 so be warned.

Had sweetcorn soup for starter which came out in a massive bowl with chicken and egg and sweetcorn (5 euros - not bad), was so nice and tasty. Main course had jasmine rice with chicken cashew nuts, was again so nice and tasty (14 euros for the chicken, 4 for the rice) and desert had some battered toffee with apple, was nice but only 1 piece of fried toffee which was a shame.. the menu said 7 euros but the bill said 8 euros, disappointing as they do need to update their menu to reflect the price but quickly resolved as I could not go over my budget but they still deserve a 5 star

Food was gorgeous, staff are the best I have encoutered in Malta, they all should feel proud, they were calling me by my name as well, and always smiling, so attentive, cannot fault not in anyway at all, because of them I would go back 110%.

Would really recommend the restaurant and definitely go back.

1  Thank Husain K

Reviewed October 6, 2013

It’s been a long while since I wanted to visit this Oriental Restaurant and being located within a reputable 5-star property, my expectations were not exactly low.

The experience was overall positive most especially where the Service Team is concerned; starting from the greeting at booking stage, until the very end of the dining experience. The food offering was exquisitely cooked to perfection, even if the portion size was close to border line.

The beverage pricing is what in reality one considers a letdown. True, this is a restaurant with a top notch talented team, located in a 5-star property, but then again, this is no valid reason to charge extortionate prices for beverages as similarly there are other restaurants on the island that have the same standards, one can avail of, without incurring such costs on a simple aperitif or bottle of wine.

Where decor is concerned, perhaps we were a bit unlucky as we were seated in the middle of the dining room, with a pillar separating the two seats. Had I known about such a table location, I'd have made it clear at booking stage to avoid this table, but otherwise the dining room decor is attractive.

1  Thank Babuxka
Reviewed October 2, 2013

It is always a huge pleasure to visit the Corinthia Palace Hotel and choosing to revisit the Rickshaw some 8 years after our first visit (during our honeymoon) was a very satisfying experience indeed. Service is impeccable and unobtrusive; the staff at the Corinthia always make the guest feel like they are genuinely welcome.

Our food was first rate, imaginative and beautifully presented. Rarely are we disappointed when visiting this superb hotel. Easily the best service experience on the island. Well done to all concerned.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Rickshaw restaurant is one of the few restaurants our entire family have all been looked after especially our 18 month old. The staff were exceptional and credit to them as they set the scene from the moment you set foot in the place. The food was well presented, prepared and very fresh. We thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to go back again. Thank you all the staff and keep up the quality and service.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Had high expections but for the final bill wasn't impressed at all. Food was excellent but service to slow, we waited for more than 15mins for our dessert. The staff we very professional & friendly. It will take me a while to go back.

1  Thank Ray_Zammit