We stayed at this property on the recommendation of a friend who stayed here for his honeymoon. Wow. The property is amazingly beautiful, the rooms were large and elegant with breathtaking "Tuscany-like" views of the river and grounds. The service was out of this world. Tamara at the front desk was so helpful in helping us book a driver and Tuscan wine excursion! My only complaint is that I come from humble roots, so I felt a bit out of place (too informal) for the service we were given. Let me be clear, the staff NEVER made me feel that way, they made me feel like a was a millionaire... it was just so much more than I'm use to. We appreciated being able to stay away from the buzz of the city, and loved the property itself, but it is definitely not within walking distance of Florence, so we would take the free shuttle they provided into town. The only negative was that the shuttle stopped at 7:30pm, which was too early for us to be ready to return 'home' since we wanted to have dinner and sight-see more in Florence.
Breakfast outside on the patio was so beautiful and delicious! We hear that the restaurant there is top-notch, however we didn't get to eat dinner there due to our interest in seeing as much of Florence as possible.
I would love to stay here again, especially if my trip was designed more around relaxing and being in a "Tuscan" scene... but if you are wanting to tackle Florence and get the most out of the city, it might be a bit far away. We took cabs back to the property each night and it was roughly 25-30 euro to do so from Ponte Vecchio so that gets pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned by Villa d'Este Hotels ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa La Massa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Massa Owned By Villa d`Este Hotel Candeli
- Hotel La Massa
- La Massa Hotel
- Villa La Massa Province Of Florence, Tuscany, Italy