We stayed at Villa La Massa in July 2013. It is a 5 star hotel, which at about 500 euros is more than we generally spend. However, the Villa provides a 5 start experience at a 10 star location so is worth a splurge for the following reasons.
First, is the location. It is about a 20 minute van ride [complimentary and hourly] to Florence. The setting is idyllic, the scenery is like a movie setting or work of art. Hugging the Arno, with view of vineyards and the countryside, it provides a restful contrast to the crowed Florence museums, streets and shops. The VIlla has its own gardens and olive grove with a trail for walking or jogging. There is a refreshing pool and well appointed fitness center. The restaurant terrace overhanging the Arno is a perfect setting for breakfast or a romantice dinner. The breakfast buffet, included in the room rate, was ample, varied, and delicious. Dinner was a gourmet experience, however, expensive.
Second, the rooms and service were first class. The double room in the main building was spacious, weill appointed and comfortable. The air conditioning was quient and efficient. The bathroom was gorgeous; I usually take showers, but enjoyed luxuriating the tub after a long day of walking. There is a shower in the tub. The bed was firm and provided a great night's sleep. THe service was gracious, friendly and helpful.
We enjoyed our luxury stay at Villa La Massa. For the service, quality of the rooms and facilites and scenic and convenient location, is hotel is a value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned by Villa d'Este Hotels ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa La Massa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Massa Owned By Villa d`Este Hotel Candeli
- Hotel La Massa
- La Massa Hotel
- Villa La Massa Province Of Florence, Tuscany, Italy