“Great food but we were rushed!”
Review of Trattoria Donnini

Trattoria Donnini
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Ate here on the evening of our 25th wedding anniversary the restaurant being recommended by the hotel. Whilst food was excellent and service good it was all a little bit rushed and as a consequence not the relaxing experience we had hoped for.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is truly the best of nearby Florence. The place is beautiful. The service superb. And the food divine. Each plate is an artistic piece! The food perfect. So, let the photos tell you. If you have a chance, well, I would so so so strongly recommend you go eat lunch or dinner here in this perfectly marvelous trattoria! Wow!

1  Thank soncijo
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The cheese plate was so good....could have it daily! Every entry was tasty as well...along with the wine. A little pricey, but worth it. Our waiter was very attentive and a lot of fun!

1  Thank Adamsbrat
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Good restaurant with a quick service and friendly owners. Not the usual greasy stuff that you get very often in restaurants, but refined and tasty food. Very good fish. Very helpful with kids, bringing the menu for kids first. Just a bit expensive.

1  Thank Dinalex
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Let me start by saying that none of the restaurants that we ate at on our trip to Florence are really worth writing home about. But then I'm prejudiced and think that in London (where I live) we have the best variety, quality and value of anywhere in the world. But when in Candelli we had to eat. Trattoria Donnini is a bit like someone's home dining room. Maybe that's the impression they try to create.
Dark wood, tablecloths, old pictures of famous people who may have visited at some time. All the usual. But the main thing is that the food we had (Steak, veal, fish) on the two occasions we went there , was very nice. There isn't a lot of competition in the area let it be said. On the first visit I was surprised to see a 8 Euro cover charge 2x 4 Euros since no mention of a cover charge is in the menu. And I left a 10% tip- which I later discovered is wholly unnecessary in Italy as menus come with service included so i believe. So all that was 18 Euros too much.
The second time we went the cover charge was only 4 Euros. So I paid that and didn't leave a tip - reckoning that we were about even over the two visits.!! If staying in the area, its well worth a visit. But do book. They don't have all that many tables and it did fill up.Waitress was pleasant and polite but I suppose that's what one expects...

1  Thank casata