“Very good food, kind owners, nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Trattoria Donnini

Trattoria Donnini
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brussels, Belgium
“Very good food, kind owners, nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Good restaurant with a quick service and friendly owners. Not the usual greasy stuff that you get very often in restaurants, but refined and tasty food. Very good fish. Very helpful with kids, bringing the menu for kids first. Just a bit expensive.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Dinalex

Glasgow
“Quite decent place to eat. Try it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Let me start by saying that none of the restaurants that we ate at on our trip to Florence are really worth writing home about. But then I'm prejudiced and think that in London (where I live) we have the best variety, quality and value of anywhere in the world. But when in Candelli we had to eat. Trattoria Donnini is a bit like someone's home dining room. Maybe that's the impression they try to create.
Dark wood, tablecloths, old pictures of famous people who may have visited at some time. All the usual. But the main thing is that the food we had (Steak, veal, fish) on the two occasions we went there , was very nice. There isn't a lot of competition in the area let it be said. On the first visit I was surprised to see a 8 Euro cover charge 2x 4 Euros since no mention of a cover charge is in the menu. And I left a 10% tip- which I later discovered is wholly unnecessary in Italy as menus come with service included so i believe. So all that was 18 Euros too much.
The second time we went the cover charge was only 4 Euros. So I paid that and didn't leave a tip - reckoning that we were about even over the two visits.!! If staying in the area, its well worth a visit. But do book. They don't have all that many tables and it did fill up.Waitress was pleasant and polite but I suppose that's what one expects...

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank casata
Yorkshire
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had a great meal here, the atmosphere was excellent, very Italian and full of locals which I love. I had the pork which tasted amazing, all in all a very good evening, reasonably priced with good menu choice and great ambience. We will certainly be going back.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank LynnieWetherby
Indiana
“This is a place of which memories are made”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic!
Where to begin?
The attention from owner, from the owner's wife, the food, the wine, the service, the atmosphere; all superb!
On our most recent trip to Italy, this was one of the most memorable meals.
Just put yourself in the hands of the owner, and slowly enjoy a beautiful experience.
This opinion comes from a person who has had more than just a few great culinary experiences in my life.

1 Thank Bob P
Singapore, Singapore
“Good find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We dined as a family of two adults and 2 kids aged 3 and 5 years. Recommended by our VillaSestini proprietor.

We arrived 5 mins before dinner service but the older gentleman showed us a table nevertheless. We had a choice of outdoor garden setting or indoors. Since the evening was gradually becoming chilly we opted for a table inside. As we were early, we were the only table there which we were gratefu lespecially dining with 2 active toddlers.

Menu choices were compact, offering the restaurant specialties. There were at least 5 different choices of home made pasta. Girls ordered the ragu pasta,which was cooked al dente, and amains split into 2 plates for the girls. It was tasty,I couldn't help sneaking Ina mouthful!

My hubby and I shared an octopus carpaccio starter, again they obliged by splitting the dish into 2, which is welcoming since its quite a fine dining setting. Octopus was fresh and tender.

For mains I had the rabbit stew while hubby had the grilled sea bass. Both cooked to perfection with the nice plating. Never had a rabbit stew so fresh and tasty with an onion gratin on the side. We also had the home made (old recipe it claimed) apple cake for dessert - yum.

For drinks, hubby had the Casa Rosso 500ml and I had the Casa prosseco 500ml. Perfect accompaniment to a delightful meal. Will definitely return if we ran out of new restaurants to try.

You won't be disappointed. We paid Euro89 for our meal.

• Visited September 2012