“Great outside the season!”
Review of Fanitullen Hotel

Fanitullen Hotel
Fanitullen Hotel
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here from sunday to Thursday.
We had an apartment for four, and it was great! It was clean, the staff was nice, and after a long day on our ski's we enjoyed coming 'home'. We were not bothered with the after ski noises except from the very last night, and I probably would'nt have enjoyed the stay quite as much if we had to listen to it all the time. On the other hand, bring some ear-plugs, and enjoy the nice and clean apartments, for a good price. (This is Norway, and Norway is expensive!) we booked through Color Line from DK and will probably do it again :-)

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

The floor vibrated with the sound of hard techno til 3 am in the morning. The hotel charged up front without telling us that that it would be impossible to sleep. It is not normal to charge to front in Norway for hotels. Crocks! Do not stay here under any circumstance. Worst hotel ever!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sveinis
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The manager had a party to go to, so left a note for me to call him for my key to enter the hotel. Normally that would be easy, but it am a foreign traveller who needed to get a SIM card top up to do this, which took time when it was snowy and I had driven for 5 hours :-/. The room was spacious and clean, with only single beds. The bathroom and kitchen were well stocked with basics. The big negative was the blasting noise from the disco below. Staying in such an idyllic town, with the view there, it seems extra wrong to listen to the constant thump thump of that music.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. Great apartment and service was ok. We stayed here in the fall when the city is very quiet. In season I would guess it is much noisier. The location is right in the centrum of Hemsedal.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Fanitullen is an average hotel/apartment in an ok location, but the service is terrible! My first experience with Fanitullen was upon phoning in advance to confirm our arrival, as they ask you to do on their (very unprofessional website). After a short conversation the receptionist told me had an important call to take, told me to call again and proceeded to hang up. My second experience was upon arrival. The room was satisfactory, but no more. Surprising considering the price of the stay. The kitchen was clean, but lacking in amenities. No salt, pepper or sugar was available and furthermore no cloths for cleaning the kitchen or kitchen area. On our last day we asked if cleaning supplies would be available, and were assured that they would. When asking for supplies when cleaning we were handed a single towel to clean with!!! As if this was not enough the receptionist then proceeded to complain that the room was not clean enough!!! All in all an ok stay, not improved at all by the hotel, it's personnel or the service we received. I can not recommend fanitullen.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just back from my skiing trip to Hemsedal. I stayed at Hotel Fanitullen. There is a disco down stairs. So don't believe what they write in the home page of skistar I quote
"Minimum alder for booking er 20 år for bestiller og en person til.Ungdommelig miljø i helger, påske og nyttår. Det kan være noe støy fra afterski/nattklubb og uteliv i disse periodene, men Fanitullen Apartment passer utmerket for familier i midtukene (søndag til fredag)."
In enghlish. "There can be some noice during this perioda" This is the biggest understatment I heard for a long time. Our room vibrated from 11 pm to 230 am.My advise don't stay there!!!!!
The base speaker must have been directed right at our room.
Skiing was as everer brlliant in Hemsedal. I will be back but , but staying in a diffrent place in the hemsedal centrum./ Steen late middelage

Room Tip: Party to 3 in the morning and you will be OK
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sorensen53
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We were looking for a place to stay during our trip to Oslo and the Fjords, not too expensive, in the countryside and somewhat en-route to Flam & Naeroyford. The best place which satisfied these was Fanitullen and how it did. About 220 Kms out of Oslo in the direction we wanted to go, it was a perfect stopover and literally an apartment in our hands. Absolutely clean and spacious with our very own kitchen. And what a view too (see attached snaps)
The only other feedback on tripadvisor concerned us about the noise, but thankfully, our one night stay had nothing of the sort - slept like logs with no pub blaring out their music!
Highly recommended...