“Best hotel in Florence”
Review of Stilhotel

Stilhotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Signa
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The staff is incredibly nice and helpful! They took me/picked me up from the train station everyday that I was there. (I stayed 6 nights) the breakfast was amazing! They had all essentials you could ask for. They made great espressos too!
The room was cleaned every day and they include free water everyday. It was nice to have a refrigerator so I could grab snacks from the market next to the hotel.
There is a beautiful view from the room.
I haven't had great service from a hotel like this before and you will not be disappointed if you choose to stay here.
The train station is about 5 mins by car.
The train to Florence is about 15 minutes and it only cost 2.50 to go to and from.
It is a great train point for traveling to other towns in the area.
I traveled on foot with my pack and it was a great starting point for my trip.
I can't express how amazing the staff was and how kind everyone was!
Thank you so much for all your wonderful hospitality!
I hope to see you again in the future!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 14, 2013

From check-in to check-out the staff at this hotel never failed to make your stay as comfortable as possible. You really do get a sense of a more personal approach from the staff than I have received at other hotels.

The hotel itself is impeccably clean and a reasonable size with all that you could need during your stay. At a convinient location with a large grocery store next door and restaurants and ice-cream parlours within walking distance, this hotel is a gem. It is also only two stops away by train to central florence. The train station itself is only a 10-15 minute walk from hotel but the kind lady at reception offered us lifts to the train station and helped us with ticket booking. At only 5 euros for a return ticket, I could not complain in the least. The hotel also has secure parking out front reserved for guests but you may also park in the parking facilities for the grocery store which has security cameras. The rooms also come with free wifi, with reasonably good signal/speed and a minibar which is stocked with complimentary bottles of water. Breakfast is served from the half 7 until half 9 and the spread is certainly both generous and delicious.

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again.Thank you for such a lovely stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We had booked this hotel through a third party website that guaranteed late night check-in. This was our first night in Italy and our flight arrived in the evening, so we wanted to be sure to have a hotel with a reception. When we arrived, the lobby was closed and there was a note on the door for me to call. After numerous attempts (and a lot of money for international calls) we finally deciphered the pre-recorded message that the reception was closed and would open again at 8 a.m. We tried the emergency number they provided, but it did not work. Fortunately, the pub across the street directed us to another hotel that was still open. We cannot comment on the rooms themselves, as we never saw them! Location is good, as it is near the train station that brings you into the Florence city center.

Stayed: June 2013
Luca G, Proprietario at Stilhotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Sirs,

We are really sorry for the problems occurred, but i have to inform you that none of the website that sells Stilhotel report "Late night check-in".

Our check-in time ends between 20:00 and 22:00, and you can easily find this information about us everywhere, starting from our own website.

We also give the possibility to check-in later but we always ask to be contacted for that.

Also, i've checked the emergency telephone but there are no missing call. You probably dialed the wrong number.

In any case, we really feel sorry for what happened and we would be glad to have you as our guests again.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The staff is very kind and helpful. if you are use a free Wi-Fi communications is sometimes slow.
Breakfast is European style. I am satisfied. Because, there was a lot of fruit every day. The staff serves delicious coffee every day.
The transportation used a train. To the Florence S.M.N station, I was spend the 20 minutes .One way 2.5€ is necessary. The station employee said that there was not the discount ticket.I don't know about other methods.Town of Signa is very safe.
The hotel is recommended because it is very beautiful.

スタッフはとても親切で英語も話せます。Wi-Fiは時々遅いです。
ヨーロッパ風の簡単な朝食です。フルーツが毎日たくさんあったので、満足しました。コーヒーは毎日、スタッフが提供してくれますとても美味しいです
交通は電車を使いました。片道2.5€です。割引チケットは駅員に無いと言われました。他の交通手段は私は知りません。シーニャという町はとても安全です。
ホテルはとても綺麗なので、オススメします

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nino0401
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Travelled north of italy by car and found this hotel just outside of Florence. Its 12km from Florence city center. The hotel is also close to the motorway. The rooms are quite good. cleanly maintained. the furnishing are quite new. I travelled with my family, so i had spacious room. The hotel is just opposite to big super market. and outside hotel there is ample parking space which is free of cost.
Wifi is provided free and is quite good and stable. Breakfast is sufficient and has ample choices.
Best part is the hotel staff.. they are quite welcoming. Especially Francesca and zulima. I had a problem with shower in my room and Francesa immediately offered me a spare room. I really thank them for their warmness.

Overall its the best fit hotel if you drive yourself and dont want to stay in the crowded city areas.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent 3 nights at SH / stilhotel in late June 2012 and did 2 day trips. Although we were touring Italy by car having driven from Britain we chose not to drive when we reached our destinations. SH / stilhotel was perfect in this regard because it has good connections to the motorway and was outside Florence, have you ever tried driving in an Italian city?! SH / stilhotel was also great because they had a shuttle bus to take you to Signa train station about ¾ of a mile away. You can ask to go to the station anytime and on the way back all you needed to do was let them know when your train would arrive. This service was available until 9 PM. The hotel didn't have a restaurant but there was a restaurant pizzeria just across the road so, if you didn't want to go to the restaurant you could order pizza and eat it in the hotel reception area while you watched TV on your computer (WiFi). The staff at this hotel did everything they could to help us. We had a problem with our air conditioning unit and when they couldn't fix it, they moved us into another room. When it was fixed they let us move back into that room because we liked it. The location isn't fantastic because it's next to a retail park but the advantages are that the parking is okay and whatever provisions you need, you can get. The location is perfect for visits to Florence (of course), Pisa and Lucca. Florence is beautiful and hot in June so, take some water and a hat. You will not believe the queues to see the statue of David. Everyone goes to Pisa but the tower is all that there is in Pisa. Lucca is much more interesting

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LancashireRamble
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The staff people are really helpful and friendly... any questions, doubts or concerns they try to find a solution for you. The location is perfect because you can easily go to other places to visit besides only Florence, like for example Pisa. The hotel is a little far from the train station, however they have a free shuttle service, meaning the staff drives you to the station that way you dont have to walk. Rooms have lots of space, very clean, really nice decorated and most importantly is comfortable and quiet to sleep in. This hotel was overall the best choice I could have ever made, my stay was wonderful :) trust me

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Signa
Ibis Firenze Nord Aeroporto
#2 of 4 in Signa
Hotel Europa
Hotel Europa
#4 of 4 in Signa

Been to Stilhotel? Share your experiences!