“Poor Service, Poor Food”
Review of Schlossstuben

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Budingen
Schlossstuben
Ranked #4 of 5 Budingen B&B and Inns
Buedingen
“Poor Service, Poor Food”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

On 12 Sep. 2011, we took visitors from the USA to this place for a German meal in a beautiful German town. We wanted to give them a nice impression of German food and German atmosphere. What a disappointment! The waiter hovered over us the whole time we looked over the menu, and he kept asking us if we were ready to order. Finally we ordered, and, after a reasonable wait, the food arrived at our table. The appearance of the dishes was nothing special, nor were the portions. My own food, however, was not what I had ordered! When I called this to his attention, the waiter argued with me that I had, in deed, ordered that selection. After a while, he relented and, while the other three people in our party ate their meals, I had to wait again. Finally, part of my order came, but I had to wait another 10-15 minutes before the remainder of my meal--a simple portion of potato croquettes--arrived. By that time, my meal was cold. All four of our meals were tasteless and a complete waste of the not-inexpensive price. The worst part of this unfortunate experience is the poor impression of German hospitality that our guests took with them back to the USA. Never again!

Room Tip: We did not stay in the hotel, but as far as the food and the service in the restaurant are concerned...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Robert P

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
weltbumlerin
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Budingen is very nice, romantic town with ancient castle. Beautiful landscapes with soft green hills. Hotel itself was newly renovated and cosy and breakfast also very nice. However the service was horrible. Probably the most unfriendly I’ve ever experienced! We’ve been travelling with the friends from abroad. I was very disappointed by impression the hotel owner & service left by our friends. If you used to the friendly and welcoming service, then I would not recommend staying in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple