“A great place to stay with good seafood” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Langass Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Uist
Langass Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in North Uist
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay with good seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Langass Lodge is in a delightful rural location down it's own single track road, with access to moor and coastal walks. We had room 7 which is large and on the ground floor. Notable features were a large china teapot and mugs for tea making, a choice of a duvet, blanket or rug style cover for the bed (which also had a sheet) and a good shower.

The service was friendly but patchy. We had good fresh seafood for dinner with ample portions, vegetable were average quality. For breakfast don't miss the famous Stornoway black pudding, which was excellent.

Room Tip: Room 7 on the ground floor is designed to accommodate disabled people.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The room was fantastic along with most of the staff.
Food was great but the prices were skyhigh and if you dont order a starter with your dinner, you will leave the restaurant hungry. We ordered the beef which was cooked to near perfection but for £23 I expected more food than the amount that was delivered on my plate.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Anja Francesca T
South Uist, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Went for lunch on 15 July with my brother, sister and partner. We were given 2 menus and when I asked for another 2 I was told the receptionist was making an important call and couldn't print more. Menu was limited to 2 soups, 3 main cold dishes & only ice cream for dessert. Portions were small and prices were large (£9.45 for ploughmans lunch which consisted of 3 small pieces of cheese, very small portion of salmon, half slice terrine, 3 small slices of apple, small portion chutney). Food was average, my partner had salmon pate which tasted bland. I complained and was then confronted by the chef who told me it was good scottish food and if I wasn't satisfied not to come back. Before leaving friends passed our table and we were discussing our disappointing lunch when the chef re-entered the lounge and said we had no right to discuss our dissatisfaction with others..... I'm sure my complaint wasn't the first.. I've decided to take the chef's advice - I won't be back nor recommending the cuisine ..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Alaistair M
uistIwasthere, Manager at Langass Lodge, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Sir
Please would you thank your kind Brother and Sister for the flowers and chocolates they gave to my staff yesterday, together with their apologies for your behaviour.

As advertised, we serve a freshly prepared "light Lunch" highlighting local seafood. I understand that this is not to your liking and gather from your comments that my staff will not have to endure such rudeness again.

The Manager
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Weird experience for me and my wife.
Room was spacious, comfy and nice.
Bathroom with a nice tub.
The hotel also have great foot paths close to the hotel which we used.
Breakfast was good, but not outstanding due to slow service from our waitress.
We reserved table both evenings we stayed here, and we were forgotten both days by the serving staff. The food was great, but you need a starter to get enough food.

All in all an odd experience, since we liked the hotel, its location and the food.
But we could have had it much better.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Newcastle and Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We recently spent a fantastic five nights here and what a brilliant find this place is. The sign outside says they specialise in sea food so we were expecting something a little special. The room was airy spacious and clean and the double glazing effectively kept out the howling wind The staff are really friendly and happy to point out the good walks and hidden places. the food was really excellent the kitchen team obviously take real pride in their constantly evolving menu. it is not an extensive menu but because it changes every night that is not a problem. we dined on lobster, smoked scallops salt cod and much more the fish was little short of fantastic. don't be put off if you're not into fish because the steak, venison and black faced lamb were truly sublime. even the breakfast was brilliant with the best scrambled egg my partner has ever had. the kitchen are the real stars of this lovely little place and deserve a mention particularly for our really special last night meal. I'm looking forward to my next visit

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Visited Langass Lodge again last week having not been for a few months and I have to say it was spectacular as always.

The Chefs always keep the menu in a league of its own.

The staff are efficient, friendly and helpful.

One of my favourite places around.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Northallerton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

this is a wonderful location, with great food, and accomodation in the newer part is excellent
if you fish, this is the place to stay for good advice and access to the best places
the homely atmosphere is charming although the drinks are a little expensive but this is the norm on the hebrides

Room Tip: book well in advance
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Glendale
Amhuinnsuidhe Castle
Amhuinnsuidhe Castle
#8 of 11 in Isle of Harris

Been to Langass Lodge? Share your experiences!