“Evening meal”

Langass Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in North Uist
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Edinburgh
“Evening meal”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Bar menu rather than main restaurant.
Starter - Tasty - King prawn rolls & sweet chilli dip
Main - Awful - Beer battered fish & chips. This was extremely greasy, the batter was so saturated it could hardly stick to the fish. I had to leave half of it.
Service - Food made to order so very slow but waitresses were very professional.
Atmosphere - very traditional (Harris Tweed), yet bright and modern (light open conservatory area to the rear).

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank PiginthePoke

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Quality! Cheesecake to die for.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

A beautiful, quintessential Scottish restaurant, which is rightly pricier than your average eatery, but at £36 for 3 courses is absolutely worth it for the experience. We were greeted and had a drink in the cosy tartan clad bar, which was lovely. We chose our food, venison for him and turbot for me, with a smokehouse starter. The smoked scallops were the highlight, and the bread accompanying was delicious. Mains were beautifully cooked, I must admit I was jealous of my partners venison but I am more of a meat than fish lover. Being chocoholics we couldn't not have the cheesecake, and it was seriously the best i've ever tasted. I wish I could have bought a whole one to take home. Rounded off with a lovely muscat we left happy and full, saving up for the next visit! Also we had a taxi driver called Angus take us there and back, I can't remember his number but the island is not densely populated.. He was amazing and lovely and I recommend him to everyone who want to enjoy a drink rather than drive!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Emma T
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
“Dinner on Uist”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

On the recommendation of our Bed and Breakfast hosts we booked dinner in the restaurant on our first night and in the bar on our second. Both meals were delicious, and the restaurant service and food very good. We also enjoyed the meal in the bar, but having started with a bowl of very delicious but filling curried cauliflower soup the fish pie that followed was too much and sadly some of it had to be left. The staff were pleasant, one young lady in particular on both occasions seemed to be particularly outstanding and knowledgeable. We enjoyed both meals very much.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Carol D
“Lovely food and helpful service”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked a meal for two at Langass on what turned out to be a very busy Saturday evening. In spite of a near full restaurant and bar, the restaurant manager and her team looked after us perfectly. My husband had crab riisotto,followed by a very tender Dover Sole, while I had celeriac and truffle soup , followed by a goats cheese starter as a main ....I was offered a larger portion but luckily chose the starter size as the delicious and unusual soup was very filling.
We were told afterwards that two of the waiters were new that evening, ....we certainly wouldnt have known this from the competent and welcoming way in which we were looked after.

Good food, perfectly cooked, served in an efficient and friendly manner , an early summer evening on beautiful North Uist.....what more could anyone ask for. We will be back.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ruthuist
Carsnootie
“Victorian Splendour”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Marvellous setting with tremendous views and as we drove in from the main road we stopped to admire a herd of deer, watching us!

No venison on the menu this trip but plenty of options using the best and freshest of local ingredients, great seafood always available.

Lovely ambiance throughout, coffee and a large Talisker in the bar to round off, before heading home. In a taxi of course.

• Visited May 2013