“A must visit cafe! Amazing oatcakes!!”

Claddach Kirkibost Centre
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in North Uist
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were not expecting to find such a lovely little cafe in such a remote location and were very pleasantly surprised by the excellent quality of the food on offer in this centre - just what we needed! In fact, we enjoyed our lunch so much we returned several days latter.

Lots of freshly made sandwiches on offer, all very generously filled, with very tasty bread. My partner thoroughly enjoyed the soups, big hearty bowls with lovely, soft cheese scones. The cakes were also very good, freshly made and really tasted homemade. Very good value for money, helpful staff and a small gift area. Buy the oatcakes!!! Amazing!! Would thoroughly recommend a stop here!

1  Thank OonaghC

Reviewed August 12, 2013

It is amazing whjat can be done with a disused rural school building. This place is fantastic!!!!!!! The cafe is outstanding and serves the finest food at very reasonable prices. Anyone visiting the Isle of North Uist must, must, must visit this place.
Tearlach and Catriona

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been to this café several times over the past four years and am pleased to say that the quality of the food (and quantity) remains as high. However, it is such a shame that they have stopped their later evening opening - they used to stay open until 7.30pm at least two nights a week. This was great for me as I was staying locally and didn't always want a blow-out in an expensive restaurant or pub food. The lighter options they do were just perfect. Shame!

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I have already reviewed this wee place but we visited more than once so here's another. Firstly I wanted to correct something in my last review re the cheese scones. On further discussion with the husband he said they were too savoury for his tastes, not stale. I stand corrected.

On this visit we tried the soups and lemon drizzle cake which were beautiful. Hot chocolate was amazing and my son still talks about it as being the best ever.
Make sure you stop by this cafe, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank mrsgav
Reviewed August 6, 2013

A great find on North Uist. Lovely tea & coffee. Great selection of cakes to choose from (Lemon & poppy seed, chocolate, coffee cake and more) The soup was fantastic ( Leek & potato with smoked cheese). Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Pamela J