Lochmaddy Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hamersay House(North Uist)
Langass Lodge(North Uist)
View Hotel
Temple View Hotel(North Uist)
  • Restaurant
Dark Island Hotel(Benbecula Island)
  • Breakfast included
Orasay Inn(Lochcarnan)
  • Pool
Harris Hotel(Tarbert)
  • Restaurant
Ardhasaig House(Ardhasaig)
View Hotel
All reviewsspecials boardhotel staffsingle roomlarge portionslick of paintfish and chipslocal produceislandmenuisle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have stayed here quite a few times in the last five or so years and have become increasingly unimpressed by pretty much everything. You might asked why I returned more than once- simply out of convenience for it's location by the ferry terminal but I would honestly say it is not worth it and would definitely recommend staying a little further afield (there are other places in Lochmaddy- various b&bs and Hamersay House).

Uncooked fish pie, rude patrons (bar one v friendly younger woman in reception), broken furniture, live music beneath the rooms until very late at night and numerous situations that leave you wondering why you are paying for this experience such as having no puddings whatsoever one evening and another evening being told that there was ice cream but that was on the children's menu so we would (begrudgingly) have to ask the chef if that was OK. Ridiculous. Don't seem to want any customs whatsoever.

Be careful what you eat though breakfast was reasonable.

Room Tip: as far away from the bar as possible
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Laura M
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Thank you so much for the two evenings we had here, you made us and our dog feel very welcome. Food was excellent, as was the atmosphere. The two women serving behind the bar were very cheerfull and friendly. We will hopefully be back next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have been meaning to write a review since our holiday in Uist in May 2013 however, Not had a chance until now. Better late than never! I was on holiday with Friends and have family that come from Uist (Mum & Dad). The food was excellent and given I am a Celiac, this was not an issue and the Hotel accommodated really well my needs. Service too was Fab and when we are back again will certainly be visiting and recommending.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stopped here for some lunch and a pint.
The lounge bar is comfy and nicely decorated. The girl behind the bar was friendly, helpful and pulled a great pint!
I had the macaroni cheese which wasn't the best I've had as it was a bit oily but I still left the plate clean. My partner had the fish and chips which looked and smelt amazing, the bit of fish I tried tasted amazing!
Would definitely eat here again! :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Two of us arrived here tired on a Sunday evening about 6.00pm having both cycled 70 miles from Stornoway. We had booked two single rooms in advance but had to leave our touring bikes outside behind a wall at the front of the hotel as there was nowhere to store them. When we got to the hotel reception, the person there was off-duty and we had to go into the crowded bar to stand in a crowd and shout above the noise for attendance. A reluctant female member of staff came from behind the bar and led us back to reception to book us in, complaining that she hadn't the time to show us to our rooms as the bar was too busy. We had to carry our luggage upstairs and find our rooms which looked a little tired and weary like us. The glass bath screen fell off it's runner in the shower and I caught it just in time. The hot bath tap was stuck tight but I got it to free itself eventually. However the bed and linen, bath towels were all very clean, fresh and pressed so no complaint on cleanliness. A little of a friendly welcome would have gone down well when we arrived. Departure next day saw the proper receptionist at the desk who was really nice and friendly and our breakfast before leaving was excellent. Staff training and general repairs seem to be the goals for improvement to be sought after by management.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with a good shower. Don't accept what you are given.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends