Lochmaddy Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Redwood House Hotel(Greshornish)
$286
$231
Travelocity
Langass Lodge(North Uist)
Hamersay House(North Uist)
Temple View Hotel(North Uist)
  • Restaurant
Priceline
Borrodale Hotel(Daliburgh)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Polochar Inn(Lochboisdale)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspecials boardhotel staffsingle roomlarge portionslick of paintfish and chipslocal produceislandmenuisle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here for one night during a tour of the Outer Hebrides.
The staff were friendly and the single room had a sea view and was very comfortable.I had stayed here several years before and the new owners are in the process of renovating the premises. The evening meal was good as was the breakfast. Both the staff and owners were very friiendly . I think this hotel should rate 3 stars rather than the 2 stars which it currently has.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Having read some of the poor reviews for the Lochmaddy Hotel, I decided to add the details of my and my mother's brief experience when we booked a room there about three years ago. We had a an ok meal in the bar the previous evening but the service left much to be desired. Once given our courses, that was it, we were left to our own devices and had to summon the waitress each time we were ready for the next course.
We arrived about 9.30pm and were met by pleasant young lady on reception who showed us to our room. We had to ask if someone could take our cases upstairs which the young lady obliged.
On checking out our room, there was a chair in front of the wardrobe (!) and when I looked inside, the hanging rail was stuffed in a tangle with old plastic shop hangers whereby if you took one out the whole lot would have come clattering down. All the furniture in the room was pretty ancient. The tv table had horrible ring stains and was quite tatty. All around the beds was an inch of dust on the carpet where it had not been vacuumed properly for months. There was also an inch of dust around the bedside table.
The bathroom suite was a hideous blue colour and very dated.
However, when I checked the beds I could feel all the springs coming through the mattresses on both beds. I told the receptionist there was no way I could sleep on either bed and when I asked if I could have a duvet to put over the mattress she went off and produced a somewhat worn out looking duvet with a huge brown stain on it - we were told there were no other duvets available. The valance looked as though it had been thrown on the bed abd had clearly not been ironed. the young lady was doing her best to resolve the situation but we said the hotel was very unsatisfactory and would not be staying.
My mother and I had seen more than enough and decided at 10.30pm that there was no way we were going to stay in the hotel a minute longer and would rather have slept in the car than stayed here. When we went down to reception to inform them we were checking out, the receptionist telephoned the femail hotel owner who was not on site and said she was at her flat and was not coming out tonight and would sort it out the following morning. All this for a £95 room! We then went along the road to the Tigh Dearge Hotel which was really beautiful inside and they let us have it for half price at short notice. Our stay there was superb.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favour and don't stay in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Marywyn
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Just got back from a weeks stay in lochmaddy hotel,best hotel I've ever been in,even let us take the family dog.food was second to none and great value,hotel staff bent over backwards to make our stay even more pleasant.lounge bar was great place to sample lots of different types of whiskies,and with a live band at weekend ,who could ask for more.cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a sea view,breathtaking.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2012

One night stay for work. Food was fine and room comfortable and clean. Owners making progress with refurbishment programme but still some way to go. Other than immediate welcome (reception closed so directed to lounge bar), staff were friendly. I was catching the early morning ferry to Skye and was pleasantly surprised that the hotel serves breakfast an hour earlier to accommodate - breakfast good by the way. If I have reason to stay in Lochmaddy for work again, I'll be quite happy to head back there.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Excellent atmosphere, marvellous breakfasts, good nourishing evening meals. Extremely helpful staff. Very comfortable lounge with open fire. Bedroom very comfortable and cosy, with views over gale-swept sea. Staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo