“One Horrible Buffet”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Timberlea, Canada
“One Horrible Buffet”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I went to this restaurant for dinner and they informed us that it was a Chinese Buffet night. We decided to have the buffet and our first mistake of the visit was the fact that we didn't check it out first. The food was so horrible, I wouldn't serve it to a dog. They even managed to screw up the Chicken balls because they tasted like there was dirty oil in the fryer. There was a noodle dish that was so disgusting looking, I wasn't even sure what it was. The rice and egg rolls were tasteless, the Beef and Broccoli was actually slimy as it was put on the plate, the Chow Mein was slimy as well and there was another tray of some kind of liquid that looked like leftover sludge from the dish sink. There wasn't any soup of any kind and the desserts consisted of some kind of Butterscotch pudding in a bowl (I think) and the same pudding on a piece of cake. The Salads were horrible, there wasn't anything resembling a green salad and the potato salad was made with mashed potatoes. As well, I think something was off in it as it had a tart taste. My wife ended up eating a small portion of potato salad until she thought she was going to be sick and I ate 3 chicken balls and a bit of rice. I decided to try a couple portions of the salad and it wasn't much better. To top it all off, my wife saw the chef come out of the kitchen and his apron was as black as your shoe. We immediately paid for our food (I know...I shouldn't have) and left. This was undoubtedly, the worst meal we have ever had in our travels (and we travel a great deal all over North America) and we will absolutely never, ever go back there. I only wish the health board was there that night to see how bad it really was. As well, we will be recommending that all our friends and acquaintances pass by this place as well.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Dave H
Danny W, Owner at Two Chefs Restaurant, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We are very sorry that these people did not enoy our version of this buffet.We have served alot of people and have had very good comments on this buffet.As the current co-owner of Two Chefs Family Restaurant the only way we can make things right is if we know about them.As far as the noodle dish,we have never had any noodle dish on the chinese buffet,.However at that time in May we were just starting this buffet and was experimenting with different dishes and hope that these people will try us again if they are in the area.Again we are very sorry these people did not enjoy their meal but we urge people to let your server or management know of the problem before you leave so we can make it right with you or at least know that there is a problem.

Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
“DE=LIC-IOUS”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Invited by new management to return for another visit. My husband and I ordered the penne pasta with tomato, basil and fresh chicken. Order arrived in a large bowl with toasted garlic bread. ( If you are a big eater...you will not go away hungry ) We ended our meal with homemade coconut cream pie....at least 4 inches high ! Waitress and management checking continuessly on their guests. I hope that this restaurant and new management keep up the wonderful meals and atmosphere. Great turn-around everyone....Cheers !

• Visited April 2013
Hubbards, Canada
“just bad”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Things sure have changed. We ordered the Reuben sandwich and it came on a hamburger bun instead of the yummy bread it used to come on. With hardly any meat or sauerkraut, the service was poor too. At $9.99 I expected to be full at least! This used to be one of our favorite places to stop for lunch, what a shame. I will not be going back.

• Visited February 2013

Hot
Nicely cooked
Cole slaw
Tartar sauce
Didn't have to wait long. Pleasant and friendly service. Not expensive.

1 Thank Townbookie
Ottawa, Canada
“Brunch Buffet Could be Good, Nice Meals bit Small”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Brunch buffet is OK the soup tends to be the best part and worth trying, fruit salad is also nice, the salads and breakfast are OK nothing special tends to be a better pick earlier in the day as things have been picked over by 1:00

• Visited December 2012