“Who needs an advertising budget?”

Blarney Stone Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Bridgewater
Cuisines: Seafood, Diner, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Blarney Stone Restaurant is a family owned establishment featuring great seafood and hearty meals. Proud to be in operation since 1983, we are located on Highway 103 just west of Exit 14 at Hebb's Cross. From our famous seafood chowder to our clams and fries our extensive menu has something to offer everyone.
Bridgewater, Canada
“Who needs an advertising budget?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Hmm...well established diner alongside busy highway...always busy...no advertising...
There used to be a lot more of these little diners, I'm sure, that operated by word-of-mouth from truckers, travellers, and locals. It is in an enviable location, at the point where the 90 km/h 103 turns to a 100 km/h highway, just prior to the last unrestricted exit to Bridgewater via Hebbville. Most of these such little diners would have been established alongside main thoroughfares, before the proliferation of larger and more recognizable franchises. This one has survived and thrived by offering good food at decent prices, without needing to alter that basic principle.
I used to eat there a lot when work necessitated a quick break from the highway. I had always been satisfied with the food and the service, even at the busiest of times. And believe me, there are many busy times, judging by the full parking lot!
This place does it right, simply put. I'm not sure when my next meal will take me there, but I know what to expect from it. I consider that comfort food.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank SouthrenSol

Yarmouth, Canada
“Great Place to Eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Anytime we travel between Yarmouth & Halifax,we stop to eat at the Blarney Stone. Our Favourite is their fried clams which are the best on the South Shore. We have also had their Fish & Fries & scallops,all which were cooked to perfection & delicious. Whether it is a simple seafood chowder or a full meal,the food is always fresh & hot when it is served.
Both my brother & son who come home in the fall or at Christmastime,try to get their flights so they can get some fried clams or haddock at the Blarney Stone. We have a saying in our family that "it is against the law not to stop at the Blarney Stone". The staff are always most welcoming & have a way of making their customers feel special.

• Visited December 2012
Bridgewater
“The best reataurant in Bridgewater Area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Blarney Stone restaurant is one of my husband and my favourite places to eat around the Bridgewater area. The food is delicious, you certainly get your money worth, and staff are so friendly, couldn't ask for better service. I would recomnend this place to eat if you are in the area for sure. They have the best Fish & Chips and Haddock Chowder!!!! You ask when did you visit, we visited there numerous times but couldn't put that as it wouldn't allow.

• Visited June 2012
Cherry Hill
“Always a great meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We eat at the Blarney Stone Restaurant a lot and for good reason. Great food and great staff! We're NEVER disappointed with the food or service. We love the wraps, hot sandwiches, clams and fish but our most recent favourite is the fried chicken and chips! Yummy!

• Visited May 2013
Bridgewater, Canada
“Great Value for your Dollar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Even though the menu selection is limited...what they do offer and serve out weights all. The food tastes great, there gravy tastes great.Peanut Butter Pie..oh my... Portions on your plate are awesome. . Big helpings for big appetites

The staff with there friendly smiles and willingness too please is very refreshing

Was and will be a pleasure too stop by again for another meal. Thank You guys for the outstanding service

Visited May 2013